Bomb Girls: Cancelled, No Season Three But…

Bomb Girls canceledShaw Media in Canada has cancelled Bomb Girls after two seasons. The TV series airs on Global Television in Canada and on ReelzChannel here in the US.

Bomb Girls revolves around a group of Canadian women who work in a munitions factory as they build bombs for the Allies during World War II. The cast includes Meg Tilly, Jodi Balfour, Charlotte Hegele, Ali Liebert, Antonio Cupo, Sebastian Pigott, Peter Outerbridge, Anastasia Phillips, Jim Codrington, and Lisa Norton. Rosie O’Donnell guest-starred during the second season.

Though there won’t be a third season, Global has ordered a two-hour movie that will wrap up the series. A release notes that it “will conclude the rich storylines and the amazing journeys of these beloved characters which have strongly resonated with the show’s loyal fans.”

The TV movie will air in Winter 2014 in Canada. It seems likely that Reelz will purchase domestic rights to air the conclusion around that same time.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Bomb Girls has been cancelled? Are you looking forward to the movie?

Janice September 22, 2013 at 9:07 pm

When Canada is at war, this would have been an important and brave statement to see Shaw continue with more episodes to portray a part of our past through fiction. The more seasons, the more episodes available to run on its digital cable channels. It could have been a win-win, but instead we get shortsighted limited vision from someone who took a chance to make a good drama, and quit too soon.

Alex N. September 19, 2013 at 9:18 am

I just finished watching the series online and I love it. I’m very sad that the show was canceled but excited if the movie come out. I will definitely will watch the movie.

Kay September 23, 2013 at 1:09 am

You said exactly what I wanted to say!!

Nana B. September 18, 2013 at 1:49 am

So, disappointed to find out there will be no season 3! My husband and I just finished season 2 on Netflix and were hoping to continue watching for many seasons to come. The time period with the cars, dresses, and the depiction of strength that woman gave to the war effort was incredible. A show that actually has substance would be the one that get’s cancelled. Is there a petition to fight for this show? Sign me up! I would prefer more episodes but, if I have to settle I will watch a movie seeing that they show it in the U.S.

Sharron September 14, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I love this show. I am so disappointed that it has been cancelled. With all the junk on tv, it amazes me why such a great show would be cancelled. This generation of women were very special… Very sad to see it not return for a 3rd season

Missie September 14, 2013 at 2:56 am

I was so looking forward to another season and terribly dissapointed upon learning series was cancelled. I loved the time period and the strong female characters. There are not enough good shows, why cancel this one?

Rob September 12, 2013 at 3:17 pm

That’s to bad,we really enjoyed the show.More good Canadian content gone from so called Canadian television :(

Jessa September 12, 2013 at 2:26 pm

This is highly disappointing. I deeply hope they change their mind and keep it rolling. A little 2 hour episode isn’t going to cut it! There are not enough strong female characters in tv. It truly is a empowering show and I especially love the historical perspective and challenges. We know what the problems were back then like sugar shortages and no meat, but how did the women who lost loved ones continue to move on? This is a story I want to see finished, in a unhurried production. Till there is a change in this production plans, I will be wearing victory rolls and sporting my red nails and lips!

Sharron September 11, 2013 at 9:49 pm

It is absolutely wrong to cancel this show! Of all the terrible shows like “Mistresses,” “American Ninja Warrior” to name a few, that keep on renewing, and you determine to eliminate “Bomb Girls.” It is very sad. And, I will not bother to watch a movie! I would rather see it each week as a series. As a result, I will not watch your network.

Susan September 11, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I love this show… It STINKS that they are not renewing for a 3rd season. Yet, they still keep stupid reality shows season after season. I do not want to watch a movie. I look forward each week to the series. What a shame another good show has been cancelled.

CC Carter September 10, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I loved the show and hoped there would be more. Like season 3,4, and 5.
I’m glad though that there will be a movie.
I’m in love with Jodi. She is beautiful.
Oh well!

Kay September 9, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I watched the Bomb Girls on Netflix .Loved the show .Look forward to seeing that wrap up ending and what happen to Kate and her friend in the end.Looked like maybe prison.:(

Robin September 9, 2013 at 8:56 am

Just finished up season two on Netflix and I was left wanting more I would rather have more seasons but it is good that a movie will be made. I really enjoyed this show, Canada puts out some good shows I loved Corner Gas… Looking forward to winter 2014 to see the Bomb Girls movie!

Tristan September 6, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I loved Bomb Girls and hope the TV movie shows in the US.

Angelique August 29, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I love this show it’s so authentic, original and inspiring. I am sad to hear they are cancelling this show. It became one of my favorites to watch.

Frank DeMaria August 22, 2013 at 12:47 pm

This show points out the work done by woman during the war. Woman did not get the credit they deserved for their contribution to the war effort. It’s about time they did. I ofcourse would like to see a third season, but I guess I will wait for the movie. With all the mindless shows on tv, why cancel a good show???