Bomb Girls: Cancelled, No Season Three But…

Bomb Girls canceledShaw Media in Canada has cancelled Bomb Girls after two seasons. The TV series airs on Global Television in Canada and on ReelzChannel here in the US.

Bomb Girls revolves around a group of Canadian women who work in a munitions factory as they build bombs for the Allies during World War II. The cast includes Meg Tilly, Jodi Balfour, Charlotte Hegele, Ali Liebert, Antonio Cupo, Sebastian Pigott, Peter Outerbridge, Anastasia Phillips, Jim Codrington, and Lisa Norton. Rosie O’Donnell guest-starred during the second season.

Though there won’t be a third season, Global has ordered a two-hour movie that will wrap up the series. A release notes that it “will conclude the rich storylines and the amazing journeys of these beloved characters which have strongly resonated with the show’s loyal fans.”

The TV movie will air in Winter 2014 in Canada. It seems likely that Reelz will purchase domestic rights to air the conclusion around that same time.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Bomb Girls has been cancelled? Are you looking forward to the movie?

Carla January 1, 2014 at 10:55 pm

So disappointed to find out the show was cancelled!! I really, really like the show and I learned a lot about Canadian history and the Canadian women that supported the war efforts. I know the stories are fiction but it’s just the reality of what life was like.

Penny January 1, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Bad choice for cancelling when we have all these idiotic reality shows still on the air….

catherine ernest and mandi duarte December 31, 2013 at 6:04 pm

We just found the series on Netflix…we actually thought we had chosen a movie…my aunt worked back east in a munitions factory and she turned yellow, my nonna tried to get her to quit and wanted my nonno to make her quit but he wouldn’t… my dad and uncle were in the war, first generation American Italians, my dad (Army) in Europe, my uncle (who lied about his age) in the Navy, they were very dedicated to this country, and she was doing her part no matter what…we were so excited to find that Bomb Girls was a series and watched 2 seasons in 3 nights, we were so looking forward to finding where in the world it would be this season…we looked it up to get ready for season 3 and damn, no season 3…We never knew it was on TV, until we saw it on Netflix…Another very, very good show lost…and the garbage that is kept…very SAD!

dallhands December 30, 2013 at 3:27 pm

a good show canceled while crap is renewed

Virginia Tomkow December 28, 2013 at 4:58 pm

What a great disappointment to find out this series was canceled. I simply can’t believe the crap on TV. Canada has finally released a wonderful show with a great story line and they throw it in the trash. What the h**l is going on. I looked so forward to watching this every week. I am so disappointed.

Barbara December 28, 2013 at 2:16 am

So so very mad that yet another great show skids to a stop while so many other crap shows somehow manage to stay on. I can’t believe Bomb Girls was cancelled

Faine December 26, 2013 at 10:55 am

Love, love this show!!!!!!!

Susan December 21, 2013 at 5:08 pm

So disappointed. Meg Tilley top notch. Got so much better as the episodes increased. I watched on Netflix and fell for the series, storylines, and characters. boo hisss.

George Cleens December 18, 2013 at 1:45 am

I’ll go to CANADA to watch season 2014? I know plenty of ex NHL’ers That will let me stay with rthem!

Anita December 16, 2013 at 9:21 pm

I am very perturbed the show has been cancelled. The characters and story lines were totally solid. I think it’s a mistake to take this off of TV!

Paul Dumas December 15, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Most any producer would salivate over the success of Bomb Girls. In cancellation, it appears that common sense is not as common as we would think. When you have a winner, you ride it like the jet stream. Remember the fact that some days you’re the pigeon, and some days you’re the statue! Let the pigeon in Bomb Girls spread its wings to the fullest. Reignite the production of Bomb Girls and unleash this explosive winner.

rachel December 11, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I am so very sad bomb girls was cancelled. There are so few good shows on these days and way too many bad ones. I think this tells a sad tale about our society and the quality of the people in it.

Linda December 8, 2013 at 12:11 am

Another good show let go before it should. Getting to the point I don’t want to start watching series the good ones go first.

Gail December 6, 2013 at 9:33 pm

What a great show! I feel so sorry that it has been cancelled.

barbara December 4, 2013 at 4:10 pm

great show…… sooooooooooooooooooooo msorrrrrry that it has been cancelled…..