Bones: FOX Exec Expects 10th (Final) Season Renewal

Bones: season 10?Bones’ ratings have certainly been lower since the series moved to Fridays but that doesn’t mean that the show will be cancelled.

At today’s FOX session at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, FOX Chairman Kevin Reilly said that he expects the show to return for a 10th season.

He noted that a renewal deal is being worked out and that longtime executive producer Stephen Hanson would become Bones’ showrunner. Hart Hanson wis moving over to head up his new FOX procedural drama, Bakstrom, which will star Rainn Wilson.

UPDATE: After the FOX session, Reilly noted that he believed that season 10 would be the last season for the venerable series.

What do you think? Do you think Bones should be renewed? How long should this series run?

Barbara November 20, 2014 at 8:29 pm

I love Bones!!!

Melissa moien October 4, 2014 at 8:56 pm

I really think it should stay on for at least another 2 or 3 years so the kids can grow up together.

shirley July 21, 2014 at 5:54 pm

it will be sad to see it end. it is the ONLY show that I watch on tv. HATE the so called reality shows, what a bore. the characters make me laugh and wonder whats happening next. cant wait for seson 10 .

cindy-lee July 9, 2014 at 5:17 pm

I just watched S9 finale and literally sat open-mouthed at the ending! Cannot wait for Season 10! Always liked David B anyway and the whole thing is utterly brilliantly cast and acted. There is a chemistry rarely seen or felt on tv shows and I’m willing Booth, Brennan et al to bring the b******s down!!! Long may it continue!

Candy Cash May 12, 2014 at 9:06 pm

No I don’t think bones should end with season 10 it is an incredible show and all the actors/actresses should return!!!! They make this show happen !!!
Candy

Kate Fredericks January 14, 2014 at 7:22 am

Honestly, I never thought Bones would get to five seasons let alone ten! I have to say, having read all of Kathy Reich’s books, I hated the first two seasons because they were so different from the books. I watched the third season at the insistence of a good friend, and now I can honestly say that I think the series is better than the books. Eventually, I went back and watched the first two seasons. Did not like the first season but somewhere in the third season fell in love with these new and very different characters. Emily Deschanel as Bones and David Boreanez as Booth did a masterful job of telling THEIR story. From FBI partners, to friends, to more than friends, to lovers, to parents and finally husband and wife. And embedded in all of this were many great stories of serial killers, and tracking down the name of a person with very little information to go on plus the many very funny scenes in the chemistry lab as Hodgins and various lab assistants are never happier than when they are blowing things up. This show tells many stories. It tells the stories of all supporting characters all of whom are just wonderful actors playing wonderful characters. While it will saddened me to see it will end next year, it has had a better run than 98% of other shows so there is nothing to mourn and much to rejoice. It will find new fans when it goes into syndication, a whole new set of people still have an A+ show to look forward to. And since my memory isn’t so good, I’ll go through it again, too!

Anthony Bassien-Capsa January 13, 2014 at 10:34 pm

It should end! 10 seasons are enough!!!

Laurel Anderson January 13, 2014 at 4:53 pm

There should definitely be one more season. As much as I love the show, that is probably enough.

ann January 22, 2014 at 10:59 pm

I agree need more seasons