Bones: Season Eight Ratings

season eight ratings for Bones TV showFOX has moved their successful Bones series to Monday nights this season. Up against some even bigger competition, will the TV show still come out a ratings winner — or could it be in danger of being cancelled? We shall see.

This season’s cast includes David Boreanaz, Emily Deschanel, John Francis Daley, Michaela Conlin, Tamara Taylor, and TJ Thyne. The eighth season of Bones typically airs Monday nights at 8pm on the FOX network. There are 24 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Bones is going to be cancelled or renewed for a ninth season.

Final season averages: 2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.75 million total viewers.

Episode 08-24: Monday, 04/29/13
2.1 in the demo (+5% change) with 7.36 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 2.14 in the demo with 7.75 million.

Episode 08-23: Monday, 04/22/13
2.0 in the demo (+5% change) with 7.06 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 2.14 in the demo with 7.77 million.

Episode 08-22: Monday, 04/15/13
1.9 in the demo (-5% change) with 6.56 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 2.15 in the demo with 7.80 million.

Episode 08-21: Monday, 04/01/13
2.0 in the demo (+5% change) with 7.05 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 2.16 in the demo with 7.86 million.

Episode 08-20: Monday, 03/25/13
1.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 6.96 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 2.17 in the demo with 7.90 million.

Episode 08-19: Monday, 03/18/13
2.1 in the demo (-5% change) with 7.58 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 2.18 in the demo with 7.95 million.

Episode 08-18: Monday, 03/04/13
2.2 in the demo (-4% change) with 8.41 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 2.18 in the demo with 7.97 million.

Episode 08-17: Monday, 02/25/13
2.3 in the demo (+5% change) with 8.77 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 2.18 in the demo with 7.95 million.

Episode 08-16: Monday, 02/18/13
2.2 in the demo (0% change) with 8.47 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 2.17 in the demo with 7.90 million.

Episode 08-15: Monday, 02/11/13
2.2 in the demo (-8% change) with 8.82 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 2.17 in the demo with 7.86 million.

Episode 08-14: Monday, 02/04/13
2.4 in the demo (-8% change) with 9.06 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 2.17 in the demo with 7.79 million.

Episode 08-13: Monday, 01/28/13
2.6 in the demo (+13% change) with 9.25 million (+8% change).
Season averages: 2.15 in the demo with 7.69 million.

Episode 08-12: Monday, 01/21/13
2.3 in the demo (+10% change) with 8.53 million (+10% change).
Season averages: 2.12 in the demo with 7.56 million.

Episode 08-11: Monday, 01/14/13
2.1 in the demo (0% change) with 7.79 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 2.10 in the demo with 7.48 million.

FOX TV show ratingsEpisode 08-10: Monday, 01/14/13
2.1 in the demo (+11% change) with 8.04 million (+10% change).
Season averages: 2.10 in the demo with 7.14 million.

UPDATE: Bones has been renewed for a ninth season on FOX.

Episode 08-09: Monday, 12/03/12
1.9 in the demo (-21% change) with 7.29 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 2.10 in the demo with 7.38 million.

Episode 08-08: Monday, 11/26/12
2.4 in the demo (+20% change) with 7.96 million (+12% change).
Season averages: 2.13 in the demo with 7.39 million.

Episode 08-07: Monday, 11/19/12
2.0 in the demo (+5% change) with 7.11 million (+2% change).
Season averages: 2.09 in the demo with 7.31 million.

Episode 08-06: Monday, 11/12/12
1.9 in the demo (-5% change) with 6.96 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 2.10 in the demo with 7.34 million.

Episode 08-05: Monday, 11/05/12
2.0 in the demo (0% change) with 7.30 million (+1% change).
Season averages: 2.14 in the demo with 7.42 million.

Episode 08-04: Monday, 10/08/12
2.0 in the demo (-5% change) with 7.20 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 2.17 in the demo with 7.45 million.

Episode 08-03: Monday, 10/01/12
2.1 in the demo (-9% change) with 6.99 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 2.23 in the demo with 7.53 million.

Episode 08-02: Monday, 09/24/12
2.3 in the demo (0% change) with 7.61 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 2.30 in the demo with 7.79 million.

Episode 08-01: Monday, 09/17/12
2.3 in the 18-49 demographic with 7.98 million total viewers.
Season average: 2.30 in the demo with 7.98 million.

Opposite some stiff competition from NBC, it wasn’t an impressive start to the season. Compared to the seventh season opener, Bones was down by 30% in the demo (vs a 3.3 rating) and down by 20% in viewership (vs 10 million). It’s worth noting however that last season’s debut followed The X Factor and this year’s opened the night.

Still, compared to the sixth season premiere, Bones was down by 15% in the demo and by 19% in viewers.

Reference point: The 2011-12 (seventh) season averaged a 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 8.07 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Bones TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a ninth season?

Sharon November 23, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Just because BONES is in its eighth season is no reason to believe it would or should be cancelled! It is still THE best show on network television. It stays fresh and they have very interesting murders to solve. Bones has always been pasted over for recognition on the awards shows, gee, I wonder why that could be? David and Emily are totally highly skilled actors. The show creator is very talented and imaginative. Bones is Fox’s dependable work horse. Give it some credit and a wee small portion of advertising budget (what I really mean is wake up and smell the coffee. Surveys should not be counted on as too reliable. They don’t represent as many people and you think they do! BONES FOREVER! Bones is the original and best dramedy on TV.

viggie4 November 19, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Bones is a Great Show and it should continue for another season or more. As long as the cast remains. Bones does not get the publicity it needs. They have had alot of award winning episodes that get snubbed. I tried to watch some of the other shows like Big Bang, Modern Family and I do not get it Bones is better than any of those shows. Always has been and always will be. Bones get my vote.

Sharon November 16, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I agree completely with julianne. Bones has in no way run its course. I think the new directions in the series are great and add a new and fresh course for the show. I know so many people who really enjoy BONES, friends, relatives and even strangers I meet when I am out. Everyone is so sick of the singing shows and reality shows. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, There are only a very few shows worth watching. BONES is one that people hate to miss. Too many good shows are cancelled before they should be and too many are kept when they shouldn’t be. BONES is the one and only show I really care about . I love every single character on the show. That’s unusual . Please,someone be smart and keep Bones on for at least 10. Hart Hanson has created something very special . Don’t let it go! I also very much enjoyed The Finder. RIP MCD, you will be missed!

stan November 15, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I read somewhere that when shows are on their way out they move to bad nights, like Mondays. Sorry Bones…it was a nice ride but goodbye.

luc November 15, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Bones has run its course and its time to wrap up and move on to something else.
I liked it better when Bones and Brennan justed worked together. Not that they are a couple and have a baby its a soap opera. I have lost interest in the show and don’t watch it as much as I used to.

Maggie November 13, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I used to really like this show. I still want to like it, but now that they got rid of Daisy, can Sweets go too?

More Hodges and Angela and field work and less staff head-shrinking by their in-house psychiatrist.

Rena Peck November 9, 2012 at 2:06 am

I love Bones it should be renewed for another season and hopefully more than that I watch repeats that I have seen 100 times before. I will do the same this year I will watch the repeats and especially the new ones. This is a great show my favorite show out of all the TV shows there are on TV. Thanks for creating this awesome show.

Georgia November 7, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Great show. I agree with others, it NEEDS to be promoted. It is one of the best shows on FOX. Glad that Bones was moved to Mondays. No competition. That wasn’t the case before, always had to record on my DVR.

marcus barras October 19, 2012 at 7:26 pm

bones is a good TV series and hope it get renewed season 9 and 10 because there is still more to the story

Caryn Davis October 9, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Love, love this show. It’s smart and funny with a great cast. I’m in love with all the chara ters. I hope to the tv gods they go for another season.

julianne October 6, 2012 at 9:36 am

Bones is my favorite show and really the only one I watch on network television. They have lost a lot of their audience because they keep moving the show around to different da)ys and time slots. Many of their fans have gone over to watching Castle because it is another dramedy as they call them. Castle is another case of a tough female character however the male lead is not as tough as Booth. I prefer men with more charisma and toughness which I think Booth has over Castle. But these days the smooth men like Castle and the Mentalist draw in more female viewers. Unfortunately, the Fox Network doesn’t seem to care about their older more established shows as they spend most of their budget promoting newer shows like New Girl or the doomed Mob Doctor. If they want Bones to approach their former ratings they need to publicize it more. Where are the interviews on late night talk shows (Emily was on Conan that’s it)? EW had photo spreads of all the other major shows but not Bones. The only promotions I see are on the internet and they are usually spoilers. Bones Fox Site also got rid of the community page so there is no way to communicate with them unless you follow Bones on Twitter. I hope the show survives all of this intentional sabotage.

beth October 2, 2012 at 3:35 pm

off to a slow start??? still my favorite show on the planet..and please STOP moving it around… i’ll watch it whever…but it’s easier when i don’t have yo go searching…and maddning when i miss one due to a time/location change…yes, i’m old but loyal and persistent

JoAnn October 2, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Bones is a unique show. As a retired RN I need to compliment the shows accurate descriptions on the medical/psychiatric side of this serious.
I would like to see a little more progress in the relationship of the characters. As a former Psychiatric Nurse I enjoy the sessions with the psychologist and the humor that is displayed.

Jackie September 26, 2012 at 8:39 am

Unfortunately, we in the UK haven’t seen any new episodes yet which is really annoying. Last series we were only about a week behind you guys. Can’t wait to see it!!!

rft September 18, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Wish they’d have kept it on Thursday nite. WHY do the network-gods do this to such a super show? Think it’s a unique, great show and has a lot of life in it yet. Why mess with it by moving it twice now. Friday’s last season and now Monday’s. It did great on Thursday’s where it was :(

Anonymous September 19, 2012 at 8:13 pm

You’re so right

Viggie September 23, 2012 at 1:31 pm

It is a great show and has a great cast especially Emily & David.
It does not get the credit it deserves. They should be up there right along With
Two & Half Men, Big Bang, Mad Men and the likes. You really get tired of seeing the same ones. Bones espisodes are GREAT. AND NEED TO BE UP HIGH IN THE RANKS.