Bones: Season Nine Ratings

Bones TV show on FOX ratingsThe ratings for Bones have been declining over the past few seasons. Will they continue to fall or will they start to rise? Could it be in danger of being cancelled or is it a lock to be renewed for season 11 on FOX? Stay tuned!

Bones revolves around a forensic anthropologist and an FBI agent who now share more than just cases. The cast includes Emily Deschanel, David Boreanaz, Michaela Conlin, TJ Thyne, Tamara Taylor, and John Francis Daley.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

1/29 update: Bones has been renewed for a 10th season.

5/20 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings in context.

Last year comparison: The eighth season of Bones averaged a 2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.75 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you still like the Bones TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a 10th season?

Ruth Ann Walker November 25, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Yes, Yes, Yes, keep Bones on for season 11 & please renewal for 5 more. Look at Law & Order SUV, they have had 15 seasons on another network & still going.

Bones is a great show, offering of course bones, murder, drama, humor & romance, the show has little bit of everything that is entertaining.

Emily & David is our favorite duo, plus they have a great cast & crew.

Fox you keep adding new shows that are meaning less & they end up being cancelled, why not stick with a show that has proved time & again, (after YOU have moved them to every night of week), they continue to come back strong.

Come on FOX, do the right thing, Keep Bones on…….renew contracts & add additional seasons (at least 5), so every year we don’t have to go through this fiasco & that would be one problem you would not have to deal with for a few years. Many, many fans of Bones (Facebook shows them with over 12 million fans), including myself if Bones goes, so does Fox.
Ruth Ann

Ruth Ann

Megan Sessin November 19, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I have watched Bones since the beginning. It is my all time favorite show, and if it went off the air, I would never watch Fox again. The greatest show on tv is Bones! Don’t get rid of it

Stephanie Estep November 16, 2014 at 7:19 pm

I faithfully watch every episode of Bones. I would hate for it to go off the air. There is only a few decent tv shows to watch on tv and this is one of the best. I love the actors.

philip October 6, 2014 at 8:00 pm

bones is my all time favorite show, and the only one I whatch in fix. If they end it I will be so sad. :(

Cheryl September 28, 2014 at 10:07 am

Since Sweets is dead why bring back Zahl he didn’t really kill anyone, and for God’s sakes you better not cancel Bones there are a lot of people out there who will stop watching Fox period. I’m one of them

Samantha September 27, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I’m so sick of the rating knocking off a show in 1 season. I didn’t catch Sons of Anarychy till season 5 and got addicted right away just like Bones I’ve watched the episodes over & over. You already took off Gamg Related which was a very good show. I hope TNT or FX picks up Gang Related. DO NOT get rid of Bones there the only reason I watch a Fox show.

C.A. John September 25, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Please don’t mess with a good thing! It is interesting, fascination and educational! Bones herself needs to mellow some, but that’s the natural progression and growth of a character.
if the show remains on a Monday night it conflicts with football, not that it can’t be recorded but ratings don’t necessarily show that.

Kim September 19, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Darn GOOD show!

Anonymous August 25, 2014 at 2:24 am

I like the show a lot and I think they should keep it up I think they can keep it going for a really long time

Debbie Bloom August 15, 2014 at 6:53 am

I Love this show. It is something I look forward to watching. I watched all available episodes on Netflix to see it from the start and looked forward to it on Mondays with the new episodes. When football season started it moved to another day (which at the moment I can’t remember) and I tried to catch it each time. I am hoping it will be picked up again as I want to see how Booth and Bones get out of the mess with the government!

C C Camacho July 22, 2014 at 11:21 pm

Leave well enough alone. Often times networks take an axe to great shows (don’t believe in ratings generated from narrow viewing audience-try outside the 48) and run new shows, with uninteresting story-lines and untried or tired actors.
Bones has all components to keep me interested through the entire episode and look forward to upcoming show, any day of the week (go TiVo!)