Boss: Cancelled; No Season Three But…

Boss cancelled by StarzStarz has decided to cancel Boss after two seasons on the air. The Kelsey Grammer series won’t be returning for a third season but viewers may still get some resolution.

Boss revolves around Chicago Mayor Tom Kane (Grammer), a powerful man who struggles to stay on top while secretly battling a debilitating brain disease. Others in the cast include Karen Aldridge, Connie Nielsen, Kathleen Robertson, Martin Donovan, Jeff Hephner, and Hannah Ware.

The cable channel renewed the show for a second season a month before the series even premiered. Had they waited, they might have cancelled it instead. The ratings for the first season were underwhelming and the cast and crew knew that season two would have to do better for the show to survive.

It didn’t. The second season averaged 360,000 viewers and a 0.1 rating in the demo. The cancellation certainly doesn’t come as a surprise.

While there won’t be a third season of Boss, Lionsgate TV and Starz are having discussions about wrapping up the story with a two-hour movie.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Boss has been cancelled by Starz? Do you think they’ll really make a movie?

Laura Motoyoshi August 9, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Just watched Boss on Netflix. Do not subscribe to Starz. Loved the series and would love to see a two hour movie. Need the story resolved. I already subscribe to HBO, Showtime and Netflix and I can’t afford another pay station. Enough is enough, but loved the story. It was gripping. Kelsey Grammar was stunning in this role.

Lucy July 22, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Great show. I need some kind of closure.

na July 17, 2014 at 12:34 am

please make the movie or some mite cut stars

na July 17, 2014 at 12:31 am

a great loss

R T Hart July 15, 2014 at 12:25 pm

BOSS: Superb writing and acting. It’s lack of viewership and subsequent demise is another example of the dumbing down of America.

frost July 14, 2014 at 11:49 pm

One of the best shows on TV…Therefore it had to be canceled. Good, adult, smart tv is not of the naked and afraid group.

Pat July 16, 2014 at 12:42 am

Just completed viewing via Netflix, Boss and would like to know if any further plans will be made for a movie which will complete the series. My husband and I have found it to be a very interesting series along the lines of more recent series such as; Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, Vikings and Hell on Wheels.

mandouv July 13, 2014 at 4:13 pm

Reality crap TV sails on and quality fails; mass audiences wouldn’t recognize literary excellence if it was a coal shovel slammed in their faces. Banquo’s ghost meet Ezra Stone. I binge watched Boss and now, with Emma, I am suffering (panic in cable park) withdrawal.

DAB July 11, 2014 at 3:24 pm

My husband and i both loved this show. just finishing watching the 2nd season tonight. We will be devastated if no resolution to cliff-hangers I’m sure will be left. AT LEAST MAKE THE MOVIE.

Sam July 11, 2014 at 12:45 pm

I just finished watching the series on Netflix as well and I too believe out is an amazing show. I am sad there will not be a third season but it should at least be a season send off because that last show had me on the edge of my couch. It’s toucher to not know what’s next

Jose July 5, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Please don’t cancel I want to see more. Just finished watching on Netflix, loved it. there is more story to be told. Bring it back!!!!!

Dknight June 27, 2014 at 9:24 pm

this show is one of the best ive seen. its ashame that its cancel due to stupidity. bring the damn show back. it may not be for everyone but it is for most of us. damn shame

pete June 26, 2014 at 10:52 pm

very disappointed Boss was cancelled.

larry June 24, 2014 at 3:35 am

I watched both seasons of Boss and was riveted to it! In fact, I watched both seasons in just three days on Netflix. Kelsey Grammer’s acting was powerful. I hung on his every word. What a great performance! Needless to say, I am VERY disappointed to learn that the series has been cancelled.

Anonymous June 24, 2014 at 12:17 am

great show right up there with breaking bad ,sopranos,house of cards I guess its back to stupid b.s again

Chantrell June 20, 2014 at 4:59 pm

We need a third season!!! Or something!!! Don’t just leave us hanging!!!