Breaking In: Cancelled TV Show Renewed for Season Two

Breaking In season twoIt looks like Christian Slater’s bad luck on television has changed and he has another Adam F. Goldberg show to thank for it. Slater previously struck out with NBC’s My Own Worst Enemy and ABC’s the forgotten. His FOX sitcom, Breaking In, was also cancelled after one short season on FOX but now, the network has ordered a second season.

A mid-season replacement, Breaking In was cancelled in May. Shortly afterward, the network started reconsidering the decision and was working with Sony Pictures TV to possibly continue the sitcom after all. In July, it was revealed that Breaking In’s chances were still alive when the options on the actors’ contracts were extended through November. In an encouraging move, both Sony and FOX paid for the extensions.

Breaking In was created by Goldberg and Horrible Bosses director Seth Gordon. Goldberg has another sitcom in the works that will supposedly be autobiographical and focus on his 1980s upbringing. The other networks were heavily interested in the project but FOX was apparently willing to throw in a 13 episode renewal of Breaking In as leverage to get the show.

The entire cast of Breaking In is expected to return for season two, including Odette Annable who recently joined the cast of House. Apparently the deal includes provisions that will allow her to do both.

Breaking In is expected to return sometime in early 2012.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Breaking In is coming back?

Canceled and renewed TV show

42 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

Breaking in was a hilarious show. I just kind of stumbled upon it by accident because I really didn’t see advertisiements for it. With a little advertising I think it would do well as would of a lot of Fox shows. For example Human Target, The Good Guys, and Raising Hope. Maybe I just have bad taste because they always cancel shows I enjoy like The War At Home and the one a little while back with Brad Garrett.

2. Judy says

I really like breaking in. So many shows get cancelled after the first season that it’s hard to get “into” any shows! They all get cancelled. Love Christian Slater.

3. says

I’m a slater fan, but I never even heard of this show. Publicize the show a little and maybe it’ll get viewers. I liked him in movies and “My own worst” but “the forgotten” was total crap.

4. Al says

I was shocked to hear that Breakin In was canceled. My Nephew and I are glad to see it renewed for next season. We especially love the Love Romance between Odette (Melanie) and Brett (Cameron). Intense!!! Hopefully it will stay on for at least a few more seasons.

5. tara says

Fox needs to bring back Lie To Me* not this other crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I would also be happy with the Good Guys or Human Target.

6. Fennerbender says

Just taking scheduling into account a 1/2 hour show would have a much better chance than trying to jusify bringing back the hour long Human Target or Lie To Me, on FOX’s time strapped schedule. Also Breaking In makes more sense as it was a freshmen midseason replacement show where HT &LTM had their second season reprieves that did not improve enough. I can see the sense behind the move when coupled with the deal with Golberg. Breaking In had okay ratings behind Idol, but not enough for the retentionistionists arguement, however compared to what else was placed there it did well. Its lowest ratings came after the cancellation(one episode), but more importantly it was moved from its usual day and time which really affected it.Cancellations may not immediately affect ratings, but sudden time/day changes sure will no matter how much you promote and you do not promote a cancelled show as much.Hope it gets a slot that teams it with another 1/2 show this season.

7. kevin says

Bring back Human Target instead of this garbage tv show. I wish the human target people would blackmail FOX like this guy did to get there show back on the air. Hell Human Target had more viewers when it was jumped all over the time slots and this crap gets renewed ..FOX and there people are really stupid .

• Kat says

I enjoy both Human Target and Breaking In, though I prefer My Own Worst Enemy (I know that’s not coming back). At least we’re getting Breaking In back.