Breaking Pointe: Season Two Ratings

Breaking Pointe: to be cancelled or renewed?Despite last summer’s poor ratings, The CW renewed Breaking Pointe for a second season. Will the reality show be as lucky this time around? Will it be cancelled or renewed for season three? We’ll have to wait and see.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the Summer 2013 season. Breaking Pointe typically airs on Monday nights and there are 10 episodes this time (vs six in season one). These figures will be updated as the weeks progress so check back to see how things are going:

UPDATE: What happened to the last episode of the season?

Final season averages: 0.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 0.48 million total viewers.

Episode 02-09: Monday, 09/17/13
0.2 in the demo (0% change) with 0.43 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 0.19 in the demo with 0.48 million.

Episode 02-08: Monday, 09/09/13
0.2 in the demo (0% change) with 0.48 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 0.19 in the demo with 0.49 million.

Episode 02-07: Monday, 09/02/13
0.2 in the demo (0% change) with 0.49 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 0.19 in the demo with 0.49 million.

Episode 02-06: Monday, 08/26/13
0.2 in the demo (0% change) with 0.51 million (+9% change).
Season averages: 0.18 in the demo with 0.49 million.

Episode 02-05: Monday, 08/19/13
0.2 in the demo (0% change) with 0.47 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 0.18 in the demo with 0.49 million.

Episode 02-04: Monday, 08/12/13
0.2 in the demo (+100% change) with 0.49 million (+20% change).
Season averages: 0.18 in the demo with 0.49 million.

Episode 02-03: Monday, 08/05/13
0.1 in the demo (-50% change) with 0.41 million (-24% change).
Season averages: 0.17 in the demo with 0.49 million.

Episode 02-02: Monday, 07/29/13
0.2 in the demo (0% change) with 0.54 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 0.20 in the demo with 0.53 million.

Episode 02-01: Monday, 07/22/13
0.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 0.52 million total viewers.
Season averages: 0.20 in the demo with 0.52 million.

The premiere was down by 33% year-to-year and the ratings were already pretty awful last year.

Reference point: The first season of Breaking Pointe averaged a 0.3 rating in the demo and 0.78 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Breaking Pointe TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Pam October 6, 2013 at 7:35 am

Renew Breaking Pointe for season please, please! I loved season 1 and thought season2 was even better! Please renew!!!

Eve October 2, 2013 at 5:54 am

I love the show, please give us a season 3 to watch!!!!1

Desiree September 24, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I Love this show. It is nice to see the real struggles and triumphs of real dancers that I can’t get enough of. This is such a beautiful artform that has never been fully appreciated. Please, please cancel. We want more Breaking Point!!!!!!!!!

Kristen September 20, 2013 at 1:13 am

I LOVE this show. Please do not cancel Breaking Pointe!!! Getting to know these dancers (ok, and pretend I’m one of them) is the highlight of my week :) I started watching because I love ballet, but I feel so invested in these people’s lives and would miss them terribly!

Louise September 19, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Love love LOVE!!! Breaking Pointe! Didn’t know this show existed until midway through season two. Had to get caught up on season one and prior episodes online! Sure it would be great if they showed more actual dance-even just practice time of the individual dancers in the studio alone-but the dance they do show and the personalities of the cast are so great, down to earth yet realistic and exceptional-especially Christianna’s professionalism, it’s a real treat that I look forward to each week! Please renew this show or sell it to another network. It’s deserves a third season.

Lisa September 18, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Love this show, found it by accident and couldn’t wait for season 2 to start. Now I am hoping to see a season 3! Please don’t cancel it!

Isabelle September 17, 2013 at 11:29 am

I’ll watch it because at least it’s ballet, but I FF through about 70% of it. I realize they can only show limited choreography, but you could show classes, not just company class, focus on steps a dancer’s struggling with and how they resolve it, issues with injuries, shoes, costumes, how it all gets done before it goes before a live audience, anything with Adam about running the company. Keep the canned chats and personal lives to a bare minimum. People are watching this because they love ballet. I’m surprised the ratings didn’t get worse, because there seemed to be less dancing than ever.

Erin September 17, 2013 at 10:25 am

Love breaking Pointe and though I don’t have cable I watch it on Hulu. Ratings low? Yeah but I don’t believe it’s the show, it’s the network. 1st it’s not promoted at all, 2nd occurs during the summer when people typically don’t stay out and watch tv and 3) When compared to other shows on CW this one is not a show like the others on the network; implying maybe people who typically watch the cw and breaking pointe might be two different audiences.

kris September 17, 2013 at 9:38 am

Loved season 2, and even more than 1, I had no idea it was back on for a second season and found it by accident. I look forward to season 3. Please bring it back. <3

Sandy September 17, 2013 at 2:32 am

Please renew Breaking Pointe for season 4. It is an unusual reality show, that does not have constant screaming at each other. Enjoyed watching it, even though there were not that many shows in the series.

Tammy September 17, 2013 at 10:52 am

Please don’t cancel Breaking Pointe. I have enjoyed watching Rex, Allison, Beckanne, Ronnie, Christriana, Chris, Josh, Zach and Adam. I look forward to watching them dance and knowing more about their lives. Please bring Breaking Pointe back for it’s 3rd Season and hopefully more seasons to follow.

Tammy September 17, 2013 at 1:05 am

Please, Please, Please don’t cancel Breaking . I love this show and enjoy watching Rex, Beckanne, Allison, Josh, Silver, Chris, Christiana, Ronnie, Ronald, Kathleen, Zach, Ian and Adam. They all are beautiful dancers and I love hearing about their lives. Please let there be a Season 3.

Jenifer Sue September 17, 2013 at 12:32 am

Love,love,love this show. Please bring it back for Season 3!!!!

Kathy September 16, 2013 at 1:07 am

Love this show. Please bring it back for a third season. Suggest you promote it more. I have never seen this show promoted. I discovered it purely by accident.

Becky Forland September 13, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Yes. I do enjoy Breaking Pointe and want it to return for season 3…. or go to a new network if the CW does not renew it. Perhaps another network will be a better fit? …. sorry to say.

sue August 28, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Keep breaking pointe. Interesting behind the scenens look at culture we know so litle about.