Breakout Kings: Cancelled; No Season Three

Breakout Kings no season 3A&E has cancelled their crime drama, Breakout Kings after two seasons and 23 episodes. It seems this case is closed.

Breakout Kings follows a squad of U.S. Marshals who make special deals with prisoners to catch escaped convicts. The cast includes Laz Alonso, Domenick Lombardozzi, Brooke Nevin, Malcolm Goodwin, Serinda Swan, and Jimmi Simpson.

The series debuted in March 2011 to a 1.2 rating in the demo with 2.8 million viewers. The ratings declined in later weeks and the first season finale drew a 0.8 rating with 2.01 million.

Should Breakout Kings have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In March 2012, the second season debuted with a 0.8 rating with 2.11 million. In that episode, many viewers were shocked to see Alonso’s lead character Charlie abruptly killed off. Alonso later told fans that leaving the show was not his idea.

Over the course of season two, the ratings for Breakout Kings further declined, hitting a low of a 0.5 rating with 1.27 million. The finale aired last month and A&E has decided they don’t want a third season.

Of the cancellation, Malcolm Goodwin (Shea on the series) tweeted, “So Breakout Kings is canceled. Thx to all 4 the luv & support over the last 2 seasons! It’s been a fun experience! Much luv! On to the next.”

The news comes soon after co-creator Matt Olmstead was signed to run NBC’s new fireman drama, Chicago Fire.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Breakout Kings won’t be back for a third season? Did Alonso leaving the series influence your watching the series?

Anonymous December 25, 2012 at 12:20 am

Get over it!!!!!!

Muito bom December 19, 2012 at 4:01 pm

:( :( no coment

Shay December 14, 2012 at 2:38 pm

I’m sooooooo Pissed that this show got canceled! I loved all the action and watching Llyold crack his head trying to solve all the riddles. Everyone one of the actors and actresses were amazing. They should at least make a series finale instead of just ending it the way they did, it’s not far to all the fans. I’m tired of losing the shows I love watching to crap like Jersey Shore, the Bachelor, Duck Dynasty, Honey Boo Boo! Seriously what the hell!!!

Danny December 13, 2012 at 12:14 pm

This sucks, I love Breakout Kings and A&E loves to ruin for us guys, Thank you, A&E…

Abulkair November 14, 2012 at 3:11 am

MORE PLS.. CMON!

Dee November 12, 2012 at 9:56 pm

ABSOLUTELY loved this show! I just checked to see when it was returning and found it was cancelled! This show was smart and funny. Loved Charlie but remained a huge fan without him. Please bring it back!!! With all the crap on tv, I don’t understand why the great shows are cancelled!

j.r. November 4, 2012 at 7:59 pm

It totally sucks that THE BREAKOUT KINGS won’t be back.I, for one, am really pissed! Someone PLEASE BRING IT BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patricia Begin October 31, 2012 at 3:04 pm

My husband and I really enjoyed the Breakout King series. We watched it every Sunday at 10 o’clock . If we happen not to be home, we would tape it to watch later. We have on DVD the first and second series and awaiting the third to come. The end of the second season was so good and we anticipated waiting and watching the third series. We were thoroughly disappointed that the series was canceled because we enjoyed it so much. Someone at the station should reconsider and reinstate the series. We feel that that have made a big mistake. Breakout King followers.

Kathy October 24, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Loved show really enjoyed character interaction. Actors death on show didn’t,t affect my watching

April October 23, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I loved that show. I would still watch after Charlie was killed. The actors do an amazing job. Could you please bring it back?

Anonymous October 18, 2012 at 10:52 am

Loved the show!! Sad there won’t be a new season!!

lynn shaw October 15, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I want my breakout kings!! Love the show and was waiting to see new episodes!

george willette October 14, 2012 at 6:36 am

would like to see more of breakout kings great show.
me and my wife both enjoy them.

Ols October 12, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Among the best characters I have seen in a tv serie!

Amanda October 6, 2012 at 7:55 pm

I want more Breakout Kings!!! It’s one of my favorite shows!