Breakout Kings: Cancelled; No Season Three

Breakout Kings no season 3A&E has cancelled their crime drama, Breakout Kings after two seasons and 23 episodes. It seems this case is closed.

Breakout Kings follows a squad of U.S. Marshals who make special deals with prisoners to catch escaped convicts. The cast includes Laz Alonso, Domenick Lombardozzi, Brooke Nevin, Malcolm Goodwin, Serinda Swan, and Jimmi Simpson.

The series debuted in March 2011 to a 1.2 rating in the demo with 2.8 million viewers. The ratings declined in later weeks and the first season finale drew a 0.8 rating with 2.01 million.

Should Breakout Kings have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In March 2012, the second season debuted with a 0.8 rating with 2.11 million. In that episode, many viewers were shocked to see Alonso’s lead character Charlie abruptly killed off. Alonso later told fans that leaving the show was not his idea.

Over the course of season two, the ratings for Breakout Kings further declined, hitting a low of a 0.5 rating with 1.27 million. The finale aired last month and A&E has decided they don’t want a third season.

Of the cancellation, Malcolm Goodwin (Shea on the series) tweeted, “So Breakout Kings is canceled. Thx to all 4 the luv & support over the last 2 seasons! It’s been a fun experience! Much luv! On to the next.”

The news comes soon after co-creator Matt Olmstead was signed to run NBC’s new fireman drama, Chicago Fire.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Breakout Kings won’t be back for a third season? Did Alonso leaving the series influence your watching the series?

Amanda April 21, 2013 at 12:34 am

I LOVE breakout kings. I cant think of one show on a and e that I actually like. Oh I like white collar… nope that USA. Well I guess there is nothing.

Anonymous April 20, 2013 at 5:05 pm

this sucks that you have a show that people like and you end it but not only do you end it you do so with a cliff hanger having us guessing without any closure that is what sucks the most

Shadow April 20, 2013 at 12:38 am

I think that Charles death would have been better after a few more seasons and some build up

Bryson April 19, 2013 at 8:59 pm

I am so upset this show is cancelled!!! I love this show!!! I don’t get it, every time a decent show comes out, so idiot decides to cancel it!! I am so tired of all the crap on TV! Not even worth paying for it anymore!!

scott April 19, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Need a season 3 I want to know. If they cut that. Deal at the end

Jess April 18, 2013 at 1:21 am

They left season 2 on such a cliff hanger how unfair! They need a season 3 or a final 2 hr episode to close it off like they did for prison break

Anonymous April 17, 2013 at 3:08 am

I want a season 3 wth!!!! It’s only 12 episodes.

Johnavon April 16, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I want a mf season 3

vince April 15, 2013 at 7:28 pm

that was a really good ending for season 2…… i want season 3!!!!

Anonymous April 15, 2013 at 2:10 am

I can’t believe this show got cancelled. I started watching it and automatically i got hooked. The last episode of season 2 had me at the edge of my seat! I really hope that the show can come back on air, that would be awesome!

Anonymous April 14, 2013 at 1:14 pm

What is wrong with the networks they get us hooked on a show and boom cancel it

neto April 13, 2013 at 3:25 am

This show has a lot of potential .if the rating was declining maybe it was because of te schedule . People were busy at the air time but omg the second season got even better . Hopefully another network will do it or hopefully Netflix will pick it up and just put it in Netflix like house of cards. of Netflix do that they will go up like u have no idea .

Anonymous April 12, 2013 at 4:11 am

No Alonso’s getting casted off did not influence me to stop watching on the contrary it just got interesting. It’s a shame that they didn’t finish the series and they left everyone one wondering what the heck happened to everyone. I think that they should do at least a third season and make it interesting with a love twist and a family reunion for everyone. As well as maybe making them part of the Marshalls Dept. once they are cleared. It will make it all right.

Ann April 11, 2013 at 5:10 pm

The relationship between these 5 characters is electric! I never saw this show on TV, but I’ve watched the series several times on Netflix. PLEASE CONTINUE THIS SHOW & THESE STORIES…….

lynda April 13, 2013 at 8:53 pm

I agree. At least conclude the story and don’t leave us hanging.

Anonymous April 13, 2013 at 10:50 pm

ive never watched this show on tv. I always watch it on Netflix the fact that Alanso died did not stop me of watching. please bring it back.

Harry April 7, 2013 at 1:53 am

It’s always the same, networks keep these very stupid, mindless shows and cancel good ones!! Breakout Kings was a good show and was looking forward to the third season!! Here’s hoping that another network will pick-up the show.