Breakout Kings: Cancelled; No Season Three

Breakout Kings no season 3A&E has cancelled their crime drama, Breakout Kings after two seasons and 23 episodes. It seems this case is closed.

Breakout Kings follows a squad of U.S. Marshals who make special deals with prisoners to catch escaped convicts. The cast includes Laz Alonso, Domenick Lombardozzi, Brooke Nevin, Malcolm Goodwin, Serinda Swan, and Jimmi Simpson.

The series debuted in March 2011 to a 1.2 rating in the demo with 2.8 million viewers. The ratings declined in later weeks and the first season finale drew a 0.8 rating with 2.01 million.

Should Breakout Kings have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In March 2012, the second season debuted with a 0.8 rating with 2.11 million. In that episode, many viewers were shocked to see Alonso’s lead character Charlie abruptly killed off. Alonso later told fans that leaving the show was not his idea.

Over the course of season two, the ratings for Breakout Kings further declined, hitting a low of a 0.5 rating with 1.27 million. The finale aired last month and A&E has decided they don’t want a third season.

Of the cancellation, Malcolm Goodwin (Shea on the series) tweeted, “So Breakout Kings is canceled. Thx to all 4 the luv & support over the last 2 seasons! It’s been a fun experience! Much luv! On to the next.”

The news comes soon after co-creator Matt Olmstead was signed to run NBC’s new fireman drama, Chicago Fire.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Breakout Kings won’t be back for a third season? Did Alonso leaving the series influence your watching the series?

Robert July 5, 2013 at 1:51 am

I was watching the series on Netflix I can’t believe it was canceled it was a great show all the actors and actress did a great job

bj childress June 20, 2013 at 10:41 pm

THAT STINKS!! This is why viewers don”t like to get hooked on programs anymore! You become loyal and then the darn thing is cancelled. Boo A&E!

mike May 26, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Personally, I thought this series and its progression were fine. In fact, I loved how it went about it. I think it deserves a second chance. Im going to be so bored trying to find another hooking series on Netflix. Even if it’s only another season, at least tie some things together and dont just leave it the way it is…

Rochelle May 25, 2013 at 12:32 am

The networks don’t care. They know that we have to watch something, so if they cancel one show, we’re forced to watch something else. As far as Charlie getting killed off of the show, my guess is that it’s a bunch of young overzealous writers trying to be edgy. The problem with a lot of shows lately, is that the underlying plot thread moves so fast that the shows burn out early. The other problem is that there are too many people watching Shark Tank, or The Amazing Race, so really good scripted shows don’t get much of a chance; either their a hit out of the gate, and they stay a hit, or they’re axed.

Janean May 22, 2013 at 3:03 am

What sucks for me is I just got to know this show on Netflix. I just finished it tonight & I LOVED IT!!! I’d stay up late watching it & I work butt crack early.I couldn’t shut it down for nothing. PLEASE bring it back !!! 95% of us don’t lie. Just sayin

Teresa May 16, 2013 at 9:00 am

this is bull shit…….I WANT TO SEE SEASON 3??????????????

Dave May 6, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Yep, Was a great ride. REALY want to see a another season. Who be nice if we mattered.

brakeout kings May 6, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Fukkin bull shit!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡!!!!!!

Airstirke May 3, 2013 at 10:59 pm

I jumped into the seasons late because they appeared not Netflix, Once I started watching I COULD NOT STOP….then once season 2 ends i go to look for season 3 just to find out ITS CANCELLED…THAT IS BS, it was such a good show and psychologically accurate….they need to make another season NOW!!!

Anonymous May 3, 2013 at 4:16 am

Are you fucking serious I just finished season two this is horse shit.

mna May 2, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Just watched both seasons on netflix. It was getting good. Wish they would have made another season. Thanks for leading us on

Anonymous April 27, 2013 at 1:05 am

Wow I’m so upset. How are you going to.leave us like that without knowing. I just finished and now there is no more that messed up

Zach moore April 25, 2013 at 1:07 am

I think he is an idiot for canceling the show. So how or if they did ; did zancanelli get cot.

BREAKOUT KINGS
Ratings problely dropped. Because your a fucking jack ass If u drop 1 move right in the middle of a story then you will do it for all of them

Anonymous April 22, 2013 at 3:35 am

Amen^^ I’m fuckin pissed

Sam April 21, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Really at least some out with a movie to kill the frustration of not knowing if they ratted out zancanelli….really I am so pissed right now…I mean if you were going to cancel it when I cancel it with a proper ending that ending made no sense whatsoever how do you expect your view is to continue watching if you cancel every show they get hooked to.