Breakout Kings: Cancelled; No Season Three

Breakout Kings no season 3A&E has cancelled their crime drama, Breakout Kings after two seasons and 23 episodes. It seems this case is closed.

Breakout Kings follows a squad of U.S. Marshals who make special deals with prisoners to catch escaped convicts. The cast includes Laz Alonso, Domenick Lombardozzi, Brooke Nevin, Malcolm Goodwin, Serinda Swan, and Jimmi Simpson.

The series debuted in March 2011 to a 1.2 rating in the demo with 2.8 million viewers. The ratings declined in later weeks and the first season finale drew a 0.8 rating with 2.01 million.

Should Breakout Kings have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In March 2012, the second season debuted with a 0.8 rating with 2.11 million. In that episode, many viewers were shocked to see Alonso’s lead character Charlie abruptly killed off. Alonso later told fans that leaving the show was not his idea.

Over the course of season two, the ratings for Breakout Kings further declined, hitting a low of a 0.5 rating with 1.27 million. The finale aired last month and A&E has decided they don’t want a third season.

Of the cancellation, Malcolm Goodwin (Shea on the series) tweeted, “So Breakout Kings is canceled. Thx to all 4 the luv & support over the last 2 seasons! It’s been a fun experience! Much luv! On to the next.”

The news comes soon after co-creator Matt Olmstead was signed to run NBC’s new fireman drama, Chicago Fire.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Breakout Kings won’t be back for a third season? Did Alonso leaving the series influence your watching the series?

Papa January 3, 2014 at 11:05 am

This is a great show! The only problem is management failed to do proper advertisement, I never heard of the show until one day I was surfing Netflix and came across it. I watched all 23 episodes and was disappointed to learn that it would not be continued. What’s up with the managers of these Television companies?

Anonymous December 19, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I love to see what happen to the third season show please bring it back.

Nelson from holland December 8, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Come back with a third season! Please…

aya October 11, 2013 at 3:24 pm

that’s sad i really loved the series

ROBNDEB September 14, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Really sad to see it go we loved it !!!

Lisa September 9, 2013 at 10:19 am

I LOVED this show bring it back on the air

Chris September 1, 2013 at 6:01 pm

From the very first episode I was hooked… How could a show like this be cancelled… It had so much action and drama… Please reconsider putting it back on.. Those characters played quite well together and I would love to keep watching…

ashrut August 26, 2013 at 4:07 am

No so please put it back on a&e & Netflix.

Kim August 24, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I love this show ! Please bring it back! What do we have to do to bring it back?

Jason August 24, 2013 at 4:22 am

From episode one I was in love with the t.v show . It had an amazing cast and was also creative . BRING BREAK OUT KINGS BACK A&E

Edna fennell August 23, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Whats the problem you had a winner by me ,i loved that show am looking co foward to seeing it again real soon please put it back on ,now am going to contact own maybe she can come up with something,

Anonymous August 5, 2013 at 1:11 am

This show is frkn incredible. Sure I didn’t see it when it first aired but man did I enjoy it I finished both seasons in 3days. I can not believe there not coming out wih season 3. Please bring it back this show will have so many viewers its just that when it first aired not many people new about it. This show is one of the best in a long time. We want to see how it unravels.

Ineta July 15, 2013 at 11:00 am

Bring back the SHOW. I love it so much. Please renew it !!! Pleaseeeeeeeeeee… :'((((

Anonymous July 15, 2013 at 10:27 am

It was the best show ever!!!!!!!! I am very angry at A&E. U suck ! Bring back the show !!!!!

Adam July 5, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Great show. I am not sure how they go about determining which show stay and which ones go but it needs to be revamped. I watched the entire first two season on Netflix an it rocked. I googled the show to find out when the next season started and find out it was cancelled. I am miffed. That lasted episode was a cliff hanger and I am left hanging.

Anonymous July 6, 2013 at 11:51 pm

I also just started watching Breakout Kings and was disappointed to find out about the cancellation. If you go over to Wikipedia they have a post from one of the shows creators explaining how the series would have ended if it had been given the chance.