Broadchurch: Season Two Renewal for UK Series

Broadchurch season twoITV in the United Kingdom has ordered a second season of Broadchurch. The crime drama has pulled in big ratings for the network so the renewal isn’t a surprise.

A “whodunnit,” the first season of Broadchurch revolves around the mysterious death of Danny Latimer, a young man from a small town, and the glaring media spotlight that ensues. The ensemble cast includes David Tennant, Olivia Colman, Arthur Darvill, and Vicky McClure.

BBC America has picked up the eight episode first season and will start airing Broadchurch later this year.

What do you think? Will you be tuning in to watch Broadchurch? Have you already seen it? If so, will you be watching season two?

Canceled and renewed TV show

21 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Rebe McCarthy says

I really enjoyed this series. I enjoyed watching the two detectives, David and Olivia – they are truly great actors. I like the English version much better than Hollywoods! I can’t get used to Gracepoint without Olivia – she played the part so very well.
    And yes, if asked, I would buy Season 2 of Broadchurch as I purchased two of season one for my daughter and myself.

I watch the BBC channel here in America and I would hope that they would just show British, Scottish, and Irish shows/movies. It would be my favorite channel if they did!

2. says

There’s no chance of my missing season 2 of Broadchurch. I’m a huge fan of the show and of BBC America. I am also looking forward to Season 2 of Ripper Street.

3. Tonie says

Live in southern California and have discovered just discovered how great UK shows are. Broadchurch, Doc Martin, Dowton Abbey, Silk, Inspector Lewis, Father Brown, DCI Banks, George Gently, and the list goes on. US shows are so predictable and boring with too much reality tv now. Just loved this show.

4. says

I thought this series was great. I watched it mainly for David Tennant but it captured my interest with all the characters. I am looking forward to seeing series 2. Can you buy the DVD’s in Canada. We are maybe planning a trip to Scotland next year. I would like to know if David Tennant is doing his Richard 2 or maybe Hamlet again live.

5. Debbie says

Cant wait for season 2.
    I missed to last few episodes last year.
    Just recently brought the DVDs and watched from the start to find out who killed Danny.
    It would be great if David Tennant and Olivia Colman could stay as there character’s for season two.
    Maybe they may not start filming season two until David Tennant as has finished acting in the American version.

6. Charlie says

This show was GREAT! I usually can guess who done it, but this one had me completely baffled. The end seemed a bit rushed, so a better look at pacing might enhance the show more. Please do pick it up for another season.

7. Kevin says

I love the show. Have been watching from the start. I admit it was too see David in a different role but that didn’t matter after the first two episodes I was hooked. Hope it is renewed … Can’t wait to see what’s next.

8. Me says

I agree with Chris, the first season was riveting. I just finished watching the last episode about 15 minutes ago and I couldn’t believe who did it. I usually guess well before the end of a movie but I had no idea, I was totally shocked. I couldn’t wait to watch each episode. It was torture to wait a week for the next episode. If they have most of the same characters and especially David Tenant, I will definately watch next season.

9. chris says

I will most certainly be back if the core characters also return. The first season was riveting couldn’t wait for the next episode.

10. says

This was a great show from start to finish, 8 eps. It’s not just about the murder of Danny but how it affects everyone in the town. Brilliant acting from the whole cast, great music and beautiful scenery. This is a must watch America! Great who done it .

11. Anonymous says

Not watching a second season it was dragged out over far too many episodes and was formulaic , very average.

12. Meg says

I’m probably only coming back for season 2 if David Tennant also does, without him the show just wouldn’t be worth it for me.