Broadchurch: Season Two Renewal for UK Series

Broadchurch season twoITV in the United Kingdom has ordered a second season of Broadchurch. The crime drama has pulled in big ratings for the network so the renewal isn’t a surprise.

A “whodunnit,” the first season of Broadchurch revolves around the mysterious death of Danny Latimer, a young man from a small town, and the glaring media spotlight that ensues. The ensemble cast includes David Tennant, Olivia Colman, Arthur Darvill, and Vicky McClure.

BBC America has picked up the eight episode first season and will start airing Broadchurch later this year.

What do you think? Will you be tuning in to watch Broadchurch? Have you already seen it? If so, will you be watching season two?

Debbie April 21, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Cant wait for season 2.
I missed to last few episodes last year.
Just recently brought the DVDs and watched from the start to find out who killed Danny.
It would be great if David Tennant and Olivia Colman could stay as there character’s for season two.
Maybe they may not start filming season two until David Tennant as has finished acting in the American version.

Amy October 3, 2013 at 8:33 pm

loved the show broadchurch want more. esp david tennant lets do the show about the pendant want it on dvd

Charlie September 27, 2013 at 8:39 pm

This show was GREAT! I usually can guess who done it, but this one had me completely baffled. The end seemed a bit rushed, so a better look at pacing might enhance the show more. Please do pick it up for another season.

Kevin September 26, 2013 at 9:12 am

I love the show. Have been watching from the start. I admit it was too see David in a different role but that didn’t matter after the first two episodes I was hooked. Hope it is renewed … Can’t wait to see what’s next.

claire connelly September 24, 2013 at 4:40 pm

riveting show. anxious for its return. outstanding acting by all.

Me August 27, 2013 at 8:45 pm

I agree with Chris, the first season was riveting. I just finished watching the last episode about 15 minutes ago and I couldn’t believe who did it. I usually guess well before the end of a movie but I had no idea, I was totally shocked. I couldn’t wait to watch each episode. It was torture to wait a week for the next episode. If they have most of the same characters and especially David Tenant, I will definately watch next season.

chris August 27, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I will most certainly be back if the core characters also return. The first season was riveting couldn’t wait for the next episode.

Mc the red of lfc April 25, 2013 at 3:40 am

This was a great show from start to finish, 8 eps. It’s not just about the murder of Danny but how it affects everyone in the town. Brilliant acting from the whole cast, great music and beautiful scenery. This is a must watch America! Great who done it .

Anonymous April 24, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Not watching a second season it was dragged out over far too many episodes and was formulaic , very average.

Meg April 24, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I’m probably only coming back for season 2 if David Tennant also does, without him the show just wouldn’t be worth it for me.