Brooklyn DA: No Season Two for CBS Series

Brooklyn DA ending, no season twoSix episodes of Brooklyn DA is enough for CBS. The network initially described the documentary show as a “limited series” and they’re sticking with it, calling the sixth installment the “series conclusion.”

Brooklyn DA was a ratings disappointment for CBS. The May premiere brought a meager 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.99 million total viewers.

The numbers fell even lower in weeks two and three so the network sent the final three installments to be burned off on Saturday nights. The last episode aired on July 6th.

What do you think? Did you like Brooklyn DA? Are you sorry that the show won’t be back next year?

April Morris September 11, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Finally, CBS had a good – TRUE – reality show on, and what do they do? They cancel it! I have come to the conclusion that the suits at the networks don’t have a clue what people want to see. They also are afraid to go out in a limb and see if a show will develop a following. Gone are the days of the Seinfeld show that took until the second season to take off, which just shows what morons the suits really are.

Karen August 24, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I thought it was GREAT …I was actually excited by this show, and couldn’t wait for the next installment. Then Time-Warner did their stupid dance w/ CBS, and I thought I was missing it because of that. I’m SO sad it won’t be back. There are so few intelligent shows on t.v.—I guess it’s not a surprise, there are too many idiots out there that would rather watch tripe!

Sylvia levine August 14, 2013 at 3:30 pm

PLEASE, PLEASE bring it back. It was so a great.

Michele August 14, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I absolutely loved the show and thought every episode gave a fascinating in-depth look at the challenging job of prosecutors. The stories were great, the music and photography in the beginning of the show was terrific, and the prosecutors that were featured came across as dedicated and smart.

Maureen August 13, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Very interesting show. Sorry it won’t be back.

Merlie August 13, 2013 at 12:28 pm

LOVED the show, so disappointed that it won’t be returning.