Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Would Sarah Michelle Gellar Do a Reunion Movie?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie?As you’ve heard, Veronica Mars is coming back with a feature film (thanks to a successful Kickstarter campaign) so E! asked Sarah Michelle Gellar if the same could be done for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

She said, “Joss and I always talk about [a movie]… But the thing with Buffy is that Buffy was a movie, and it ultimately didn’t work as a film. And I mean, we had such miles to overcome when we were trying to do a TV show based on a movie. And one of the reasons is that the story works better over time.”

Gellar didn’t completely rule out the possibility of a feature though, adding, “If there was ever the right story, we would do it.”

Buffy the Vampire Slayer ended in May 2003 after seven seasons and 144 episodes.

What do you think? Do you think a movie based on the Buffy TV show would work? What would be a good story idea?

Lynda March 13, 2014 at 8:56 pm

I would love to see a Buffy movie with all the original cast members. The story line should keep have intense action and mystery in it.

Daniel ( September 18, 2014 at 12:07 pm

They. Could. Have. Done. Moore. With. Buffy. Link. ANGEL. Ending. Up with. Buffy. At. End. Of. ANGEL. Season

Thomas A. Howard October 10, 2013 at 6:59 pm

I think it would be cool if buffy ended up going to another reality were she became president and had to train all of that worlds future slayers to save the multiverus.

Hubba September 19, 2013 at 1:29 am

It depends on what the movie was about. I agree with K the B Fan, that something involving Dawn’s status as technically an interdimensional Key, and Illyria would be an interesting set up.

K the B fan September 5, 2013 at 5:26 am

I never got into the comics so dunno what happened there. I always thought they cudda gone somewhere cool if they reteamed the buffy crew with the angel pack. Maybe something could come from illyria meeting dawn and explaining to them that she isn’t inert but rather inactive. Some kinda inter-dimensional excitement could follow while trying to get the wolfram and hart bad boys back in their box

Morgan Talley August 15, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I actually wrote a spec script (not submitted) of an episode when the series was still on. I have been working on screenplay that takes into consideration the years that have passed since the series ended. It isn’t canonical with the “season 8″ comic, but I think it would make a pretty awesome movie (no spoilers).

Loyal Fan August 4, 2013 at 10:55 am

They could incorporate things from the comic continuations, plus it’s Joss Whedon. He can make it work. There is a lot of unfinished pieces that could be wrapped up in a movie.

Grandizer August 1, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Sadly I have watched Angel far more then I watched Buffy.
The movie was okay, not great, I agree the episodes of the TV show I did see were better then the movie. I am pretty sure I saw the 2 part series finale though? Didn’t they basically make all women slayers through magic and defeat the baddies and Spike made a sacrifice?

But 12 plus years later, what would they do now?