Bunheads: Cast Reactions to Cancellation

Bunheads canceled, cast reactionsAs you may have heard, ABC Family has officially cancelled Bunheads. Many fans are upset that there won’t be a second season and the cast and crew know how they feel. Here are some of their reactions, courtesy of Twitter.

Sutton Foster: “Thank you all for the love!!! Onwards and upwards!”

Stacey Oristano: “#Bunheads is officially canceled guys. Our fans have been amazing and I loved it but ready to move on!!! XO”

Bailey Buntain: ‏”Thankful is the biggest understatement 2 express my experience on Bunheads. I will miss the cast & creative team the most.. & also craft too”

Beth Schacter (writer): “I’m really sad to hear about Bunheads. We had an amazing group of people working together and not seeing them every day is heartbreaking.”

Dominik Rothbard (writer): I will miss you guys so much. #Bunheads RIP

What do you think? What was your reaction to the cancellation? Did you expect it? What would you say to the cast and crew of Bunheads?

9 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Kyle says

It is confirmed that the world media has been ordered to dumb down tv and broadcast only shows that destroy family & friend values. By cancelling this show you have shown us that quality tv for all ages to enjoy with real messages and family morals is not important anymore. You should remove the word ‘Family’ from your stations name, you dont represent families. Just want everyone connected to the show know that it was very well written & performed. I can’t imagine the amount of work each episode took but I’m sure it was gruelling at times. Thank you all for a great season and best wishes to all of you.

2. Carolynne says

A sad day indeed when our family heard of the cancelation. My teens have taken to the internet to help bring it back! It was a total package show that had great writing, acting, dance sequences and dealt with real life issues in a heartfelt way. Hoping that another smarter network will resurrect it and we enjoy it for many seasons to come!

3. Jessica says

I have ZERO reason to watch ABC Family now. They’ve cancelled all the shows I enjoyed (Jane by Design, Lying Game, Bunheads) and have kept or brought forth shows that are dumb. I’m really sad about Bunheads. It was a joy to watch Sutton Foster and the dance sequences were wonderful.

4. CeCe says

I’m sick over the cancellation of the whip smart, endearing and cleverly hilarious Bunheads. I am one if the fans that will forever boycott watching any of the other abcfamily programming. Are they serious with reality dreck like vineyard and (kill me now) Spellmageddon? Ralf. I loved the writing, the cast and the fantastic dance sequences on Bunheads so much…hoping and praying for a second season pickup from Hulu or Netflix or hallmark or lifetime. Help? Syfy? Please someone, make the smart decision!
    I’ll miss you Michelle, Truly, Sasha, Boo, Ginny, Mel and the divine Madame Fanny!

5. George from OK says

I had hoped that instead of being canceled, ABC would pick up the option. I have heard of some of their fall offerings, and they are real stinkers. They are going to need something to fill the gap.

6. Anonymous says

The show was clever, touching, well written and acted, intelligent, and different (I didn’t watch The Gilmore Girls), and the dance sequences were a joy to watch. That’s probably why it was cancelled, while Honey Boo Boo rages on.

7. Duane says

With only a .4 rating I/we knew it wouldn’t last. Really like the banter of the showgirl and mother-in-law characters.

8. Anna says

So sad knowing my favorite show Bunheads is canceled. It was as wonderful as Gilmore Girls and that’s the kind of show we needed. Nice and sweet, this show will be missed. How could you cancel another great show ABC FAMILY!?