Bunheads: Not Cancelled, Sets Torn Down

TV series Bunheads on ABC FamilyABC Family still hasn’t renewed Bunheads for a second season but they haven’t cancelled the series either. Things aren’t looking good though as the months wear on.

Supposedly, ABC Family was holding off on making a decision about Bunheads’ fate until they saw how their new shows performed. Well, The Fosters and Twisted aren’t pulling in big ratings like Pretty Little Liars but they are both doing relatively well.

The Fosters has been averaging 1.61 million viewers and Twisted has been attracting about 1.35 million per week. Bunheads’ first season averaged 1.25 million, not much worse than Twisted.

While ABC Family still hasn’t officially cancelled Bunheads, the TV show’s sets have been torn down. Putting sets in storage isn’t unusual when a show is between seasons but it doesn’t sound like there are immediate plans to start using them again. They haven’t been destroyed and that’s at least a glimmer of hope.

What do you think? Are you hoping that Bunheads is renewed or cancelled? Do you like other ABC Family shows better than Bunheads?

Henry July 7, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I love this show, its well written, directed, and the young actors are quite good.

horsesbelgian July 7, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I have two daughters 23 and 7 and Bunheads is something the 3 of us love to watch together. I hope that it is renewed. This is part of our bonding time.

Anonymous July 7, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Bring bun heads back

Janine July 7, 2013 at 1:30 am

Please bring back Bunheads! It’s the best series ever!

SwankSwank July 6, 2013 at 12:46 pm

We need more shows where talented young women have ambition while balancing teenage angst. It’s awful for impressionable American youth to just keep watching Teen Moms, Kim Kardashian, etc.

Ali July 6, 2013 at 10:00 am

I really hope it’s renewed! I like The Fosters a lot, but Twisted isn’t very good and I doubt it will be able to last more than a season. I thought it might have potential after the first episode, but the second episode killed it for me. We need a show like Bunheads!

Lucy July 6, 2013 at 9:02 am

They need to renew it. I love this show.

Stephanie Tyler July 5, 2013 at 11:17 pm

I think it is really tragic that a show that has actual values in it is put aside for shows like twisted and pretty little liars. Movies and TV shows like Bunheads and Gilmore Girls were the only reason I ever tuned into the Family Channel. If they cancel Bunheads there isn’t much left worth watching.

Amy July 5, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Definitely! Looking forward to a (possible…) Season 2. It’s the only show I watch on ABC Family.

Bobbie July 5, 2013 at 2:57 pm

I love this show. I really really hope it comes back for a second season.

Dee July 5, 2013 at 12:26 pm

My sis just reminded me, at the end of last season, they were going to build a new dance space. They don’t need the old set.

Angie July 5, 2013 at 11:32 am

Want to see more Godot Nathan Parsons could make that show

Deborah July 5, 2013 at 11:05 am

I love that show! What a disappointment if it doesn’t come back. I don’t watch any of the others. (BTW, I thought we were already in Season 3 or 4. Wasn’t the pepper spray incident the end of a season? They were off the air for a few months after that.)

Laura July 5, 2013 at 9:22 am

Yes, I would watch season two and so would my friends and family. Bring it on!

coffeebeanguyfan July 5, 2013 at 8:54 am

I’m gonna really miss the Italian coffee shop owner. The guy who sniffed every single coffee bean before brewing the coffee to make sure they were “good” lol