Bunheads: Not Cancelled, Sets Torn Down

TV series Bunheads on ABC FamilyABC Family still hasn’t renewed Bunheads for a second season but they haven’t cancelled the series either. Things aren’t looking good though as the months wear on.

Supposedly, ABC Family was holding off on making a decision about Bunheads’ fate until they saw how their new shows performed. Well, The Fosters and Twisted aren’t pulling in big ratings like Pretty Little Liars but they are both doing relatively well.

The Fosters has been averaging 1.61 million viewers and Twisted has been attracting about 1.35 million per week. Bunheads’ first season averaged 1.25 million, not much worse than Twisted.

While ABC Family still hasn’t officially cancelled Bunheads, the TV show’s sets have been torn down. Putting sets in storage isn’t unusual when a show is between seasons but it doesn’t sound like there are immediate plans to start using them again. They haven’t been destroyed and that’s at least a glimmer of hope.

What do you think? Are you hoping that Bunheads is renewed or cancelled? Do you like other ABC Family shows better than Bunheads?

Robin Markson July 21, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Love Bunheads! Please renew it!

KRB July 16, 2013 at 11:08 pm

I say that everyone should write ABC Family and let them know that you want this show to stay on the air.

Tabitha Tricomi July 15, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I love Bunheads. My mother and I watched it every week. Please renew Bunheads!!!!!

Patricia July 14, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Really! Who are the “powers that be” that make some of these ridiculous decisions? Yep….keep those stupid reality shows and get rid of well written, well acted shows like Bunheads. I will never understand some of the reasoning behind cancelling decent shows and renewing lame ones. It must be about money, cause it sure isn’t about quality and good taste!!!

Wanda July 14, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Okay, here’s the deal. Since Bunheads’ fate seems to rest on how Twisted and The Fosters perform, I am now quitting those two shows. Seriously. I will not watch another episode until Bunheads is renewed. I’ll just have to assume I’m not going to miss anything. While I’m really enjoying Twisted, I’d much rather have a second season of Bunheads. I absolutely adore everything about the show. The Fosters has potential but it’s far too “drive our message down your throat” and not enough actual story or development with the characters. I honestly don’t care what happens to Jesus and Mariana. I don’t care about the older brother whose name I can’t remember. I think Callie and her little brother are interesting characters and the mothers are worth watching but the others? I could take them or leave them. And the father? Ugh. He’s a great actor but it’s like the writers can’t decide what they want to do with him. Move the cast of the Fosters over to Bunheads and bring Bunheads back for a second season.

Pia July 13, 2013 at 2:42 am

Do what’s right… Renew Bunheads!!

Ron July 12, 2013 at 2:00 am

What a great show – my wife and I watched this together and it was the only show we watched on ABCFamily. We are in our early 30s and still found it a total blast – it’s rare that a show like this can appeal to us as fans of Breaking Bad and Bates Motel…I guess it’s just that unique of a show. Without Bunheads, we don’t even turn on ABC Family

Kate July 11, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Bunheads is one of the few decent and engaging shows on television. There is SO MUCH that could be done with this! I cannot believe that we normal folk have such little representation. ABC used to promote family – well then- put something onn revision that we can watch with our families!

Allyson July 8, 2013 at 11:42 pm

BRING BACK BUNHEADS!

Kayla July 8, 2013 at 10:47 pm

I bet they won’t renew it. They are already promoting some new teenage crap looking show. I’m upset that all the shows on ABC Family are about teens having sex or getting into all sorts of weird shenanigans. Every show is about sex and/or murder now it seems. It is really sad to see a show like Bunheads on the verge of being cancelled because “the views aren’t high enough.” I’m addicted to Pretty Little Liars now for a number of reasons, one of them being that I’m already this far into it, why not finish it. They started Bunheads and they need to finish it. I don’t care if it takes 6 seasons to finish it just give us some closure!!

Kari July 8, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Please bring back Bunheads!! It’s my only reason for watching ABCFamily. I am a huge fan of Amy Sherman Palladino and Gilmore Girls and I instantly fell in love with Bunheads bc of the heartwarming storyline and witty banter. Please give it a chance!

Charlene July 8, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Loved this show and was looking forward to its new season return. Hopefully it is not cancelled. Great cast and story lines.

Christy July 8, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I was a HUGE Gilmore Girls fan and was so excited for Bunheads. I really enjoyed the show and have been looking forward to the next season. What a shame, I don’t watch any other ABC Family original series – I find them all cheesy – Great for teens but not adults. This was one of the few shows my daughter and I would watch together. There is so much trash on TV – guess I will go back to DVD of Gilmore Girls.

Amy July 8, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Love the show! It is the only ABC show I watch!!!

Cindy Horton July 8, 2013 at 6:18 pm

I love Bunheads. You finally find a good show and they cancel it. I am so tired of that.