Bunheads: Not Cancelled, Sets Torn Down

TV series Bunheads on ABC FamilyABC Family still hasn’t renewed Bunheads for a second season but they haven’t cancelled the series either. Things aren’t looking good though as the months wear on.

Supposedly, ABC Family was holding off on making a decision about Bunheads’ fate until they saw how their new shows performed. Well, The Fosters and Twisted aren’t pulling in big ratings like Pretty Little Liars but they are both doing relatively well.

The Fosters has been averaging 1.61 million viewers and Twisted has been attracting about 1.35 million per week. Bunheads’ first season averaged 1.25 million, not much worse than Twisted.

While ABC Family still hasn’t officially cancelled Bunheads, the TV show’s sets have been torn down. Putting sets in storage isn’t unusual when a show is between seasons but it doesn’t sound like there are immediate plans to start using them again. They haven’t been destroyed and that’s at least a glimmer of hope.

What do you think? Are you hoping that Bunheads is renewed or cancelled? Do you like other ABC Family shows better than Bunheads?

Canceled and renewed TV show

58 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Amy says

Don’t get rid of Bunheads! I’ve been waiting way to long for it to come back on already! It’s one of my favorite shows and I was starting to really get into it.

2. Gabrielle says

I loved Bunheads as well as being a dancer. I think not many watched the show is because that it has to do with dancing or that not that many people knew about the the show and/or They were just not interested. I wasnt interested in the shows lighthouse show or Ravenswood. In the beginning I thought I wouldn’t like the Fosters, Twisted, and the Secret Life of the American Teenager. But I started liking them. I already knew I was going to like Pretty Little Liars but its starting to lose my interest when the new preview has come on for the next season.

3. mkc says

I loved this show. It had great characters, music, dance, comedy, and spice. It was like watching a funny, up-to-date mini Broadway show, every week. I’ll miss it. Ah, the good die young. If anyone is listening…thank you, cast and crew, for a great show.

4. Drea K says

This was a really interesting well written show. For some reason ABC family seems to stop the good ones like Make It or Break It… I do not like the Fosters and was not even remotely interested in Twisted did not even bother to watch…. same thing for the lighthouse show.

5. Ty says

OMG!!! Who makes these decisions? This show was brilliant. The same caliber of writing as The Mentalist, Last Man Standing, NCIS, 2Broke Girls, Haven…but they keep shows like Honey Boo Boo…crazy. Please bring back this show.

6. Paula says

I love Bunheads but also love the two new summer shows, The Fosters and Twisted. If they want to take something off take off Liars.

7. Cindy says

Bring Bunheads back, two of my sisters and I have watched every one of the show and we miss it. We have been waiting for the new season to start so bring it back. :( Were so sad without it.