Bunheads: Not Cancelled, Sets Torn Down

TV series Bunheads on ABC FamilyABC Family still hasn’t renewed Bunheads for a second season but they haven’t cancelled the series either. Things aren’t looking good though as the months wear on.

Supposedly, ABC Family was holding off on making a decision about Bunheads’ fate until they saw how their new shows performed. Well, The Fosters and Twisted aren’t pulling in big ratings like Pretty Little Liars but they are both doing relatively well.

The Fosters has been averaging 1.61 million viewers and Twisted has been attracting about 1.35 million per week. Bunheads’ first season averaged 1.25 million, not much worse than Twisted.

While ABC Family still hasn’t officially cancelled Bunheads, the TV show’s sets have been torn down. Putting sets in storage isn’t unusual when a show is between seasons but it doesn’t sound like there are immediate plans to start using them again. They haven’t been destroyed and that’s at least a glimmer of hope.

What do you think? Are you hoping that Bunheads is renewed or cancelled? Do you like other ABC Family shows better than Bunheads?

Amy February 25, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Don’t get rid of Bunheads! I’ve been waiting way to long for it to come back on already! It’s one of my favorite shows and I was starting to really get into it.

Gabrielle December 24, 2013 at 3:27 pm

I loved Bunheads as well as being a dancer. I think not many watched the show is because that it has to do with dancing or that not that many people knew about the the show and/or They were just not interested. I wasnt interested in the shows lighthouse show or Ravenswood. In the beginning I thought I wouldn’t like the Fosters, Twisted, and the Secret Life of the American Teenager. But I started liking them. I already knew I was going to like Pretty Little Liars but its starting to lose my interest when the new preview has come on for the next season.

mkc November 13, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I loved this show. It had great characters, music, dance, comedy, and spice. It was like watching a funny, up-to-date mini Broadway show, every week. I’ll miss it. Ah, the good die young. If anyone is listening…thank you, cast and crew, for a great show.

Drea K October 10, 2013 at 12:20 am

This was a really interesting well written show. For some reason ABC family seems to stop the good ones like Make It or Break It… I do not like the Fosters and was not even remotely interested in Twisted did not even bother to watch…. same thing for the lighthouse show.

Ty September 29, 2013 at 12:16 pm

OMG!!! Who makes these decisions? This show was brilliant. The same caliber of writing as The Mentalist, Last Man Standing, NCIS, 2Broke Girls, Haven…but they keep shows like Honey Boo Boo…crazy. Please bring back this show.

CAROL September 9, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Bring back Bunheads.

Anonymous September 4, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Please bring back Bunheads! Love the cast.

Anonymous July 31, 2013 at 6:57 pm

I love bunheads! Don’t cancel it.

Paula July 24, 2013 at 12:12 am

I love Bunheads but also love the two new summer shows, The Fosters and Twisted. If they want to take something off take off Liars.

Zaicha July 24, 2013 at 12:12 am

NO MORE PRETTY LITTLE LIARS, who cares who killed A! Bunheads was cool, quirky and fun!!!!

Betsy July 23, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Please, please bring Bunheads back. Love this show!

Vanessa July 23, 2013 at 2:56 am

I am so hoping for Bungeads to be renewed!!!

Cindy July 22, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Bring Bunheads back, two of my sisters and I have watched every one of the show and we miss it. We have been waiting for the new season to start so bring it back. :( Were so sad without it.