Bunheads

ABC Family Bunheads TV seriesNetwork: ABC Family
Episodes: 18 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 11, 2012 — February 25, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Sutton Foster, Kaitlyn Jenkins, Julia Goldani Telles, Bailey Buntain, Emma Dumont, Kelly Bishop, and Alan Ruck.

current TV show

TV show description:
Tired of her life as a chorus girl in Las Vegas, Michelle Simms (Sutton Foster) reluctantly agrees to marry Hubbell Flowers (Alan Ruck) on a whim. He loves her dearly and promises to give her a better life, away from The Strip.

Hubbell brings her to his small hometown, where she is not exactly greeted with open arms. Hubbell’s overbearing mother, Fanny (Kelly Bishop), is appalled by the news of their marriage, and frowns on the idea of Michelle moving in with them. Fanny later hosts a wedding reception, where Michelle meets the colorful locals and they all seem to despise her.

The only people that Michelle connects with are Fanny’s ballet students, particularly Bettina “Boo” Jordan (Kaitlyn Jenkins), Ginny Thompson (Bailey Buntain), Melanie Segal (Emma Dumont), and Sasha Torres (Julia Goldani Telles). They’re all very impressed with Michelle’s real world dance experience. Boo takes Michelle’s advice on auditioning to heart, and feels inspired to try out for a prestigious local performance.

Things are starting to look up for Michelle but then, Hubbell is suddenly killed in a car accident. As a result, she’s left feeling alone and very unsure about her future.
space

Series Finale

Episode 18 — Next!
Michelle auditions for a show in Los Angeles. Sasha and Boo think about taking their respective relationships to the next level.
First aired: February 25, 2013.

space

What do you think? Do you like the Bunheads TV series? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled and there won’t be a second season?

Ralph Fravel July 4, 2012 at 12:27 am

I came across the pilot and watched it. I thought it was a great show and started recommending it to friends. I watched the second show and plan on being a regular

scm July 3, 2012 at 6:35 pm

love it…witty….endearing….charming….PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL…..AND YES!! THANK GOD IT’S NOT ANOTHER REALITY SHOW!!!!!!!

Linda Alexander June 29, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Love this show. Hubbel died to soon! Love sutton foster; however, I think her character is too silly! Will keep watching and see!

John June 29, 2012 at 8:50 am

This is a well written show and the two principles, Foster and Sutton, do a great job in their performance and line delivery. Foster is a stand out in her quick witted delivery. I missed the pilot so I did not know the husband was killed, but since the show is about relationships (mother-in-law and daughter) in a small town he is not missed. It is refreshing to be able to watch a show that has wit and some adult content since 90% of TV today is so boring. I hope you give it a chance.

Carol June 26, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I turned Bunheads on by accident and fell in love.It is quick wit, smart dialogue keeps you on your toes (no pun intended?). It was surprisingly entertaining.From the first comment made by the widow to her mother in law,reminds me of Gilmore Girls..I was hooked
I’ve already spread the word to everyone I know..it’s a keeper!

Shelly July 2, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Me, too. I went looking for it on the Guide and it’s nowhere to be found. Every time I start getting into a good show, they cancel it. Hope that’s not the case here. It’s very entertaining.

admin July 2, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Shelly ยป It returns next week. They’re apparently taking the holiday week off.

June July 3, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Shelly, I agree with you. I also went looking for it everyday and found nothing. I only saw two shows and that was it. It is a very good show.

Patty June 23, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I there there is potential to be alot of fun

Vada June 20, 2012 at 9:04 am

I love the show. It has lots of laughs and real life situations in it. I agree it needs more dancing in it. It’s a new show, give it a chance… it surely beats all the other trash that is on TV. I vote keep it.

Amy June 19, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Just watched part of the 2nd episode online….can’t believe that they killed him off….dumb show!!!!! …. won’t be watching….

Amy June 19, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Liked the pilot….will be VERY dissappointed if Hubbell was already killed off. The two of them finding their way would have been a cute story…don’t know how far a dance show can go….please don’t give us another Abbey Lee.

Connie June 19, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Love it. Took balet as a child. Finally something good on TV.

Ninie June 19, 2012 at 9:39 am

Adore this show! Great, Great casting!

Debbie June 19, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Also can we keep hubball for a while and watch them fall in love PLEASE!!!!’

Linda June 18, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Love this show. Brilliant writing!! Love the crazy characters and Sutton Foster is amazing!

suzy June 18, 2012 at 11:50 am

Loved the show. Very charming. Thank god, it’s not another reality show!!!

mimi June 16, 2012 at 5:08 pm

I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan June 14, 2012 at 11:23 pm

I just watched it on Hulu and loved it! I look forward to watching future episodes!

Debbie June 19, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I love this show and would love to see it stay around for a lllllooooonnnngggggg while GOOD TV is hard to find these days and the Walton’s. Is getting old having to watch it every night