Bunheads

ABC Family Bunheads TV seriesNetwork: ABC Family
Episodes: 18 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 11, 2012 — February 25, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Sutton Foster, Kaitlyn Jenkins, Julia Goldani Telles, Bailey Buntain, Emma Dumont, Kelly Bishop, and Alan Ruck.

TV show description:
Tired of her life as a chorus girl in Las Vegas, Michelle Simms (Sutton Foster) reluctantly agrees to marry Hubbell Flowers (Alan Ruck) on a whim. He loves her dearly and promises to give her a better life, away from The Strip.

Hubbell brings her to his small hometown, where she is not exactly greeted with open arms. Hubbell’s overbearing mother, Fanny (Kelly Bishop), is appalled by the news of their marriage, and frowns on the idea of Michelle moving in with them. Fanny later hosts a wedding reception, where Michelle meets the colorful locals and they all seem to despise her.

The only people that Michelle connects with are Fanny’s ballet students, particularly Bettina “Boo” Jordan (Kaitlyn Jenkins), Ginny Thompson (Bailey Buntain), Melanie Segal (Emma Dumont), and Sasha Torres (Julia Goldani Telles). They’re all very impressed with Michelle’s real world dance experience. Boo takes Michelle’s advice on auditioning to heart, and feels inspired to try out for a prestigious local performance.

Things are starting to look up for Michelle but then, Hubbell is suddenly killed in a car accident. As a result, she’s left feeling alone and very unsure about her future.

Series Finale:
Episode 18 — Next!
Michelle auditions for a show in Los Angeles. Sasha and Boo think about taking their respective relationships to the next level.
First aired: February 25, 2013.

What do you think? Do you like the Bunheads TV series? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled and there won’t be a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

160 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Avaline Stowe says

They finally came out with something fun, witty with quirky great characters that
    all the ” Gilmore Girls ” fans will love. Then get us hooked and then leave us hanging
    waiting for more. Look how successful Gilmore Girls was and how many seasons. You’d think ABC would see that the potential here !
    Please give it back !!

2. Robin says

I love the show! Love it! Love it ! Love it! Smart dialogue, great characters. I have my fingers crossed that it will be on for a very LONG LONG TIME!!

3. Tiny Dancer says

I enjoyed the dancing, I did not enjoy the liberal agenda that was pushed. Fun show, but leave the political commentaries out of the script.

4. Abbi says

Omg they cannot cancel bunheads!

Its fun to watch for one, it can’t end! My child’s ballet teacher will be sad. I also fell in love with the characters. Them all getting maced and the psycho ballerina stalking “Clara” was hillarious.

It can’t end, I think its one of the better dramadeys out there.

5. Sandy says

Love! Love! Love This Show!! Love the Characters!! Love the quirky story line!! Love that it makes me S-M-I-L-E!!! Please DON’T CANCEL!!

6. Michael Ott says

My wife and I thoroughly enjoy Bunheads. Which is for my wife would be
    normal. For me being a south Georgia redneck is unusual. My wife has
    several chick flicks she watches and I leave the room. This program
    though I find hilarious for some reason. I guess it’s the quick witted bantor
    that goes on and the predicaments they get in. The last episode where the
    ballerinas get maced By Sutton put the icing on the cake for me. It was
    very funny. Hope they bring this program back. It has a lot of bad TV
    shows beat by a mile.

7. Robert says

I like this show. And yes, I want it to go a little deeper and have more character development. for a light summer show it was fun. I loved the dancing and I like Boo and Sasha as characters. Yes, the acting is not very crisp, but so what? these are dancers who are becoming actresses. How will they get better?? Practice.

It is a fun show and I am glad it got picked up for a second season

8. Donna says

Love it! Love it ! Love it! Smart dialogue, just like Gilmore Girls.
    Great characters. I have my fingers crossed that it will be renewed!!

9. Stacey, Bethany, and Arielle says

My daughters and I absolutely love the show. I usually do not like comedys but I laugh while watching this show. We all LOVE it and pray that it is not cancelled.

10. Jim & Betty Davis says

We are 71 and 80 year old Bunhead devotees — yes, both of us. I (Betty) watched Gilmore Girls separately from my husband (at least twice per episode — loved Kelly Bishop) for years and fell in love with its story line and actors. Amy Sheridan-Pallidino (sp?) has great appeal in the way she can hold a series together with such heart and humor. I convinced my husband that the series, which he might consider a bit girly, could be of interest to us both because of the dancing involved (we have been involved with dancing for over 30 years). We will miss Monday night’s offering until the return of Bunheads, hopefully during prime season with a regular run.

• sandra says

I absolutely love love love this show! One of the best I have ever seen and cannot wait to see it again. Please-e-e-e, do not cancel it. I am so totally into it.When will it be back on?