Bunheads

ABC Family Bunheads TV seriesNetwork: ABC Family
Episodes: 18 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 11, 2012 – February 25, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Sutton Foster, Kaitlyn Jenkins, Julia Goldani Telles, Bailey Buntain, Emma Dumont, Kelly Bishop, and Alan Ruck.

current TV show

TV show description:
Tired of her life as a chorus girl in Las Vegas, Michelle Simms (Sutton Foster) reluctantly agrees to marry Hubbell Flowers (Alan Ruck) on a whim. He loves her dearly and promises to give her a better life, away from The Strip.

Hubbell brings her to his small hometown, where she is not exactly greeted with open arms. Hubbell’s overbearing mother, Fanny (Kelly Bishop), is appalled by the news of their marriage, and frowns on the idea of Michelle moving in with them. Fanny later hosts a wedding reception, where Michelle meets the colorful locals and they all seem to despise her.

The only people that Michelle connects with are Fanny’s ballet students, particularly Bettina “Boo” Jordan (Kaitlyn Jenkins), Ginny Thompson (Bailey Buntain), Melanie Segal (Emma Dumont), and Sasha Torres (Julia Goldani Telles). They’re all very impressed with Michelle’s real world dance experience. Boo takes Michelle’s advice on auditioning to heart, and feels inspired to try out for a prestigious local performance.

Things are starting to look up for Michelle but then, Hubbell is suddenly killed in a car accident. As a result, she’s left feeling alone and very unsure about her future.
space

Series Finale

Episode 18 — Next!
Michelle auditions for a show in Los Angeles. Sasha and Boo think about taking their respective relationships to the next level.
First aired: February 25, 2013.

space

What do you think? Do you like the Bunheads TV series? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled and there won’t be a second season?

Debbie April 23, 2013 at 10:12 pm

This show always puts a smile on my face. Can’t wait until it comes back.

Cassie April 15, 2013 at 10:17 am

This is a great show that should not be canceled! The quick wit and quirky situations are so funny especially in a ballet environment. I was hooked on Gilmore Girls, now I’m hooked on Bunheads! Superb writing and mostly clean, compared to a lot of other shows.

Sha ray la shine April 8, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Bunheads is by far one of the best new shows on the TV. I love, love, love it! It most definately should be renewed. Please let us know the outcome. With talent, the arts, music, smart intelligent story lines and a rich, delicious cast of visual images it would be a huge misgiving to cancell this show. As Donna Summer would say, “Please don’t leave us this way”.

John Martin April 4, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Love this show!!!!! Awesome!!!!!

Disappointed fan March 28, 2013 at 2:31 am

Please… BRING BACK BUNHEADS! What happened to this show? I waited w/ anticipation for season 2, then just as we were getting in the groove w/ story-lines. Relationships, and finally auditions/dancing for ‘Michelle’, the episodes just stopped out of the blue with no clues as to why… ?!? So disappointing, so sad – don’t leave us hanging – great talent, great writing, great characters — Please bring this show back ASAP!!

saundra March 20, 2013 at 12:48 am

I don’t watch much TV, No time with two babies and a full time job. I always record Bunheads it’s my favorite show. I can’ t wait for a free hour every week to set down and watch it. Please don’t cancel this show……………..Waiting on so many answers, there is so much story left to tell. I also love Sutton Foster and the other actors and actresses it seems as if they where born to play these roles.

Whiskers March 18, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I don’t know exactly why I like this show so much but it fascinates me. The fast witty dialogue along with the beautiful dancing, when they do have it, kept me coming back. The last show both my wife and myself said was the very best with all the dancing. I can’t believe as a hetersexual dude I am hoping this comes back but I am. Whiskers.

Valarie March 13, 2013 at 10:25 pm

With all the junk and reality stuff on television, this show is a refreshing change. I can not believe the network would even think of cancelling it. I also really miss Gilmore girls and have taken to this show like a duck to water.

Judy W March 10, 2013 at 11:55 am

Please PLEASE PLEASE—bring it back. What a refreshing show. Sutton Foster is wonderful!!! The writing is great and draws you in to the plot. We want to see more.

Georgia Davis March 2, 2013 at 9:35 am

Must have TV! Love the show, love the dancers and really love Sutton Foster.

j schen February 26, 2013 at 3:21 pm

please renew Bun heads. One of the best shows on TV I really miss Gilmore Girls and this is the next step it is great.

Judy holt February 21, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I’ve loved this show from the start last summer. Amy’s writin is so witty. Sutton foster has been our broadway favorite for years. She is an incredible talent! It’s great to see her make the transition from stage to screen… I think she has really grown into the role.
I have to say, this winter season has been even better….more depth, relational interest. I remember having felt the same way about Gilmore girls. Monday nights are stacked but this show deserves another season! It’s in a class of it’s own…nothing like it right now..

Cindy January 15, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Love it so much!!!! Even better than GGirls – which I also was a huge fan of. Hope it is on for many years to come!!!!

Karen December 1, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Love the show!

Ashlee November 19, 2012 at 10:01 am

Bunheads returns January 7 at 9/8c!