Bunheads

ABC Family Bunheads TV seriesNetwork: ABC Family
Episodes: 18 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 11, 2012 – February 25, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Sutton Foster, Kaitlyn Jenkins, Julia Goldani Telles, Bailey Buntain, Emma Dumont, Kelly Bishop, and Alan Ruck.

current TV show

TV show description:
Tired of her life as a chorus girl in Las Vegas, Michelle Simms (Sutton Foster) reluctantly agrees to marry Hubbell Flowers (Alan Ruck) on a whim. He loves her dearly and promises to give her a better life, away from The Strip.

Hubbell brings her to his small hometown, where she is not exactly greeted with open arms. Hubbell’s overbearing mother, Fanny (Kelly Bishop), is appalled by the news of their marriage, and frowns on the idea of Michelle moving in with them. Fanny later hosts a wedding reception, where Michelle meets the colorful locals and they all seem to despise her.

The only people that Michelle connects with are Fanny’s ballet students, particularly Bettina “Boo” Jordan (Kaitlyn Jenkins), Ginny Thompson (Bailey Buntain), Melanie Segal (Emma Dumont), and Sasha Torres (Julia Goldani Telles). They’re all very impressed with Michelle’s real world dance experience. Boo takes Michelle’s advice on auditioning to heart, and feels inspired to try out for a prestigious local performance.

Things are starting to look up for Michelle but then, Hubbell is suddenly killed in a car accident. As a result, she’s left feeling alone and very unsure about her future.
space

Series Finale

Episode 18 — Next!
Michelle auditions for a show in Los Angeles. Sasha and Boo think about taking their respective relationships to the next level.
First aired: February 25, 2013.

space

What do you think? Do you like the Bunheads TV series? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled and there won’t be a second season?

V. Pierce July 23, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Bring it back please even my husband loves it.

Piper July 23, 2013 at 5:36 pm

I really liked Bunheads and am sorry to hear that it is cancelled. Thought it was funny and looked forward to seeing what was going to happen each week. I hope ABC Family reconsiders. It wasn’t war, blood and guts, but quirky and the cast was/is so talented.

Jeffrey July 23, 2013 at 5:22 pm

The only thing I thought was stupid was the name. Other then that, I liked the show.

COLLEEN kAZMIERCZAK July 23, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. I really enjoyed it a lot. Very entertaining and stars on it from previous shows I HAVE WQTCHED.

Lisa July 23, 2013 at 5:02 pm

A nice show like this gets cancelled and yet the disgusting shows like “pretty little liars” will go on FOREVER! Am I the only person who sees something wrong with this??

Sara July 23, 2013 at 5:00 pm

It was a great show. I am very disappointed that it was cancelled. You should cancel bad shows such as NCIS, Burn Notice, Smallville, Xfiles.

Katherine Marsh July 23, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I loved Bun Heads and so did my daughter and her friends, why do they insist on taking off the best series on tv :(

morgan July 23, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I loved the show. I wish it had been renewed. The scripts were excellent. The acting was super. The cast blended very well as a team to make the show work. I vote to bring it back.

Paula July 14, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I enjoyed watching “Bunheads” and hope someone brings it back on. I started watching it from the first episode. I found it to be an interestingly good show.
I felt it showed the human fragilities and worries within all of us. Whether it be a teenager in the ballet group, Michelle in her mid 30′s who’s career never took her where she thought she’d be or Fanny who’s in her 50′s who’s lost her only son and now has to face a life she wasn’t prepared for, it had the ability to be a really good program. What ever happened to REAL FAMILY PROGRAMS? It’s no wonder our young and impressionable children are growing up so fast. They become jaded to life before they even have a chance to live it or learn what could be possible for them. Too often they see so much negativism and trash on TV it dulls their senses to the positive possibilities for them. PLEASE BRING THIS GREAT SHOW BACK ON.

Pathfinder July 13, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Not what I would call a typical show that a retired military special forces type might make a habit of watching, but this show was special, excellent acting and writing. I looked forward to this show every week. Other than The Big Bang Theory there just is much on.

Mary June 29, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Love the show!!!!

Anita June 28, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Great show!
Interesting and funny.

Dan June 24, 2013 at 11:43 am

Bun heads is a great show on many levels. Michelle Simms’ character is irreverent and saucy. Kelly Bishop’s character is almost moved from Gilmore Girls, with added nervousness’. Actually Bun heads’ is Gilmore Girls on the west coast. However, it is a great watch.

Dennis June 21, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Let’s hope this show gets the treatment it deserves and is RENEWED pronto! It is smart, well acted, well written, and has the ability to keep you entertained from start to finish. I hope this show sticks around for many seasons to come!

Ann June 14, 2013 at 6:19 pm

PLEASE do not cut off the bunheads from all of us viewers!!!!!!! It’s a great program with lots of wit, sarcasm, humor, real life situations and a great cast. I look forward to continuing episodes sooner than later!!!

Susan July 23, 2013 at 11:45 pm

I really enjoyed every episode. I just happened to see it on the “on demand” menu after seeing a preview. I watched the first 3 to 4 episodes without stopping. I am so disappointed. This was the wrong show to cancel. Hope they reconsider.