Bunheads

ABC Family Bunheads TV seriesNetwork: ABC Family
Episodes: 18 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 11, 2012 – February 25, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Sutton Foster, Kaitlyn Jenkins, Julia Goldani Telles, Bailey Buntain, Emma Dumont, Kelly Bishop, and Alan Ruck.

current TV show

TV show description:
Tired of her life as a chorus girl in Las Vegas, Michelle Simms (Sutton Foster) reluctantly agrees to marry Hubbell Flowers (Alan Ruck) on a whim. He loves her dearly and promises to give her a better life, away from The Strip.

Hubbell brings her to his small hometown, where she is not exactly greeted with open arms. Hubbell’s overbearing mother, Fanny (Kelly Bishop), is appalled by the news of their marriage, and frowns on the idea of Michelle moving in with them. Fanny later hosts a wedding reception, where Michelle meets the colorful locals and they all seem to despise her.

The only people that Michelle connects with are Fanny’s ballet students, particularly Bettina “Boo” Jordan (Kaitlyn Jenkins), Ginny Thompson (Bailey Buntain), Melanie Segal (Emma Dumont), and Sasha Torres (Julia Goldani Telles). They’re all very impressed with Michelle’s real world dance experience. Boo takes Michelle’s advice on auditioning to heart, and feels inspired to try out for a prestigious local performance.

Things are starting to look up for Michelle but then, Hubbell is suddenly killed in a car accident. As a result, she’s left feeling alone and very unsure about her future.
space

Series Finale

Episode 18 — Next!
Michelle auditions for a show in Los Angeles. Sasha and Boo think about taking their respective relationships to the next level.
First aired: February 25, 2013.

space

What do you think? Do you like the Bunheads TV series? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled and there won’t be a second season?

Jackie July 24, 2013 at 2:54 pm

I can’t believe Bunheads has been cancelled!!! I loved Gilmore Girls and am thrilled that this show came forward. PLEASE bring it back on! Gilmore Girls was quirky and fun…I loved all the quick. I loved all the quick comebacks between the characters and the fact that it followed into Bunheads. Please don’t cancel.

Samantha July 24, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I really enjoyed the show and am sorry to see it cancelled. It was so much better than all the so called “reality shows” that are so unreal and stupid. Who cares about Honey Boo Boo or the Kardashians just to name a couple and all the cooking, fashion, weird contact sporting contests and such. Give me something with a story so I want to tune in next week.

Anonymous July 24, 2013 at 1:29 pm

I loved the show and am really disappointed that it was cancelled.

Mrs.M July 24, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I am SO very sad it’s cancelled!! I really enjoyed the first season – I loved the dancing and humor. I’m very disappointed that it won’t be returning.

gracie July 24, 2013 at 8:37 am

I liked it a lot at first – and then they began introducing all the weird (and bad) actors from Gilmore Girls – and it just got stupid. It was so much better when it was just about the girls and the interraction/relationships they had. No weirdos. I thought maybe the producer was rehiring all his un-hirable relatives.

Mack July 24, 2013 at 3:24 pm

I agree about bringing in weird characters but that was “fixable” and I do agree it was much better when it revolved around the girls and their relationships with each other and with the 2 main adults.

debra July 23, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I am positively crushed. It was the ONLY show I made a point of being home to watch. I loved the characters, the dancing, waiting to see the next year of the girls, Martha-Stewart-like Sasha, the closeness of the girls, the snappy dialogue from Michelle, the characters streaming in and out from the Gilmore Girls. I played the show over and over again Entertainment channel. I’d be willing to pay for the channel just to get my Bunheads. PLEASE find a way to keep them on tv – TNT, USA, TVLand ???? PLEASE. Thank you.

sose July 23, 2013 at 11:19 pm

didn’t care for the show and was never interested in it. there’s so many other interesting shows to watch than this one.

lisa July 23, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I cant believe they are taking another good home some family show and showing the crap that’s on there now. I was looking forward to watching the fosters until I found out the foster parents are two lesbians and caring for these children and I don’t think it s very good and the new show twisted?! the teens on there are somewhat bullying the guy who supposedly murdered his aunt and another classmate and no one can defend him..i know our society has changed so so so so much that I cant believe that viewers are watching and approving the shows that glorify homosexuality if anyone who are Christians know that it is wrong to support any and all shows with homosexuality in them…..im sorry if I sound racist or a bigot I’m a firm believer that doesn’t like what I see on television anymore!!! and its heartbreaking to see this and our young adults have to be raised in todays society and its not a good one… I’m an middle aged adult and I hate to say this but I will watch the channels that shows the old timey shows like Andy Griffin show I love Lucy, Full House, Little House on the Prairie, the Walton’s, Dr. Quinn the medicine woman, bonanza, gun smoke, etc… because they are home some family shows…we need more of them for our grandchildren and great-grandchildren to see and know what we grew up in….. Not like we have learned to live with today!!!!

Anonymous July 24, 2013 at 11:32 pm

You are a closed mind, hateful person for being a so called “Christian”!

Priscilla July 23, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I love this show, the time slot was not good but I tried to watch as much as possible.

Kate July 23, 2013 at 7:01 pm

It was a good show, it dealt with the problems young girls have to deal with about acceptance and how changes in career choices can lead to growth as a person later in life.

Suz July 23, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Bunheads was a stupid show. So glad it’s cancelled.

beth July 23, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Alot of these really good programs on ABC are being canceled WHY? they are well written shows I really enjoyed Bunheads! Bring them back!!!!

Natalie Wood July 23, 2013 at 6:16 pm

What happened it IS a great show, it has everything and more that a show needs. Great actors, talent, background, set, lessons and just creativity all around.

Lisa July 23, 2013 at 6:14 pm

BOOOOO!

Betti July 23, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Can’t believe that this show got cancelled. I am so sad. It was a great show and very different from what is on TV. Loved the characters and the scripts. I hope that there is a rally and it is brought back like Drop Dead Diva!!! Petition anyone???????????