Bunheads

ABC Family Bunheads TV seriesNetwork: ABC Family
Episodes: 18 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 11, 2012 – February 25, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Sutton Foster, Kaitlyn Jenkins, Julia Goldani Telles, Bailey Buntain, Emma Dumont, Kelly Bishop, and Alan Ruck.

current TV show

TV show description:
Tired of her life as a chorus girl in Las Vegas, Michelle Simms (Sutton Foster) reluctantly agrees to marry Hubbell Flowers (Alan Ruck) on a whim. He loves her dearly and promises to give her a better life, away from The Strip.

Hubbell brings her to his small hometown, where she is not exactly greeted with open arms. Hubbell’s overbearing mother, Fanny (Kelly Bishop), is appalled by the news of their marriage, and frowns on the idea of Michelle moving in with them. Fanny later hosts a wedding reception, where Michelle meets the colorful locals and they all seem to despise her.

The only people that Michelle connects with are Fanny’s ballet students, particularly Bettina “Boo” Jordan (Kaitlyn Jenkins), Ginny Thompson (Bailey Buntain), Melanie Segal (Emma Dumont), and Sasha Torres (Julia Goldani Telles). They’re all very impressed with Michelle’s real world dance experience. Boo takes Michelle’s advice on auditioning to heart, and feels inspired to try out for a prestigious local performance.

Things are starting to look up for Michelle but then, Hubbell is suddenly killed in a car accident. As a result, she’s left feeling alone and very unsure about her future.
space

Series Finale

Episode 18 — Next!
Michelle auditions for a show in Los Angeles. Sasha and Boo think about taking their respective relationships to the next level.
First aired: February 25, 2013.

space

What do you think? Do you like the Bunheads TV series? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled and there won’t be a second season?

Anonymous4u October 3, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I loved this show …I took dance when I was a young girl growing up , My daughters took dance …We loved this show and even my husband liked this show
First time every one in our family would look forwards to Monday Nights Bunheads We would watch the show and discuss it with our neighbors >>> Some times our neighbors would come over just to watch the show with

We rally thought this would be bigger than Gilmore girls !
What the HEll was ABC Family thinking when they canceled this show … We need more show of this caliber

We don’t watch ABC Family any more …Nothing we would like to watch

Linda R

Crystal September 24, 2013 at 2:58 pm

This makes me mad I loved that show and Jane by design and they cancel both of them. Why can’t we bring those two shows back instead od making new ones.

Shantayemariah September 10, 2013 at 3:45 am

This sucks! I thought it was a very good show, I tried to watch it, I did. I love the new shows that come on, sad when the ones I like get cancelled. I hope to see the cast in other tv shows I watch

Hummcsr September 9, 2013 at 9:44 pm

What a shame. Loved this show. Was hoping for a second season. This was a class show. Wish more networks had more quality shows like this.

GSE August 23, 2013 at 9:16 am

Started watching when I was overseas in Thailand, great show! Got my family hooked with just one episode. This show is better than 99% of what is on TV!!!!

Anonymous August 21, 2013 at 7:03 pm

So not happy this was cancelled it was my favorite show and I loved seeing some of the cast from Gilmore Girls again.

Paddy August 19, 2013 at 10:55 pm

I am so sad. This was a witty show, funny and great. I knew it would get cancelled because it was actually good. I hope that everyone on the show comes back somewhere else because they are awesome actors!!

Paddy August 19, 2013 at 10:54 pm

I am so sad. This was a witty show, funny and great. I knew it would get cancelled, it was actually good. I hope that everyone on the show comes back somewhere else because they are awesome actors!!

Shanghaiaimee August 18, 2013 at 7:07 am

I can’t believe they cancelled it. It was funny and witty. What happened the writers couldn’t think of more intelligent dialogue. Or did some kid at the network decide that we needed to take out a funny show and put in a show where people eat bugs or stab each other in the back over a bottle of rum on a beach.

Loretta August 12, 2013 at 6:26 am

Idiots thats who makes these decisions.

SandraB August 7, 2013 at 9:43 am

This was a great show. Who makes these decisions to cancel good shows. It will be missed shame on the network for canceling a show that could be watched by the family.

RUSSELL August 5, 2013 at 11:42 pm

WHY? WHY? WHY? SERIOUSLY WHY? I HOPE ABC FAMILY REALIZES THAT THEY ARE WALKING DOWN A SIMILAR PATH AS THE FOX NETWORK WHEN THEY CANCELED “FIREFLY”. YET ANOTHER SHOW THAT YET ANOTHER NETWORK WILL HAVE TO PRETEND IT DIDN’T REALIZE HOW MUCH OF A MISTAKE IT MADE AFTER THE FAN BASE GROWS SUBSTANTIALLY AFTER THE IDIOTIC CANCELATION OF SAID SHOW. I WILL REALLY MISS THIS, ESPECIALLY THE DIALOG.

vicky July 27, 2013 at 5:07 am

so bummed it’s cancelled..the show is great, the story, characters, everything just so great and enjoyable at the same time..there’s no show like this anymore..

Chasity August 13, 2013 at 6:13 pm

hey l agree with you and l am bummed to and l am in love with bunheads as friends not like that lol and l am going to never watch fosters in my whole entire life the fosters is dead to me and so yea l will miss you bunheads ok l lovce u bunheads l hate you fosters so bye

angela fletcher July 27, 2013 at 1:01 am

We (my family: daughter 12, and son 10, loved watching our family movie the Bunheads every Monday night. The show had great lessons that were taught through the show espically the episode of the mace in the eyes and learning that walking away from your problems does not solve them and facing the problems head on make you a stronger person. We miss the show and the actresses – this show NEEDS to reair!!!!

Anonymous July 25, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Very disapointed this show is canceled. Quality, entertaining Tv does not have a chance anymore. Instead we are stuck with dull, vapid reality shows.