Bunheads

ABC Family Bunheads TV seriesNetwork: ABC Family
Episodes: 18 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 11, 2012 — February 25, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Sutton Foster, Kaitlyn Jenkins, Julia Goldani Telles, Bailey Buntain, Emma Dumont, Kelly Bishop, and Alan Ruck.

current TV show

TV show description:
Tired of her life as a chorus girl in Las Vegas, Michelle Simms (Sutton Foster) reluctantly agrees to marry Hubbell Flowers (Alan Ruck) on a whim. He loves her dearly and promises to give her a better life, away from The Strip.

Hubbell brings her to his small hometown, where she is not exactly greeted with open arms. Hubbell’s overbearing mother, Fanny (Kelly Bishop), is appalled by the news of their marriage, and frowns on the idea of Michelle moving in with them. Fanny later hosts a wedding reception, where Michelle meets the colorful locals and they all seem to despise her.

The only people that Michelle connects with are Fanny’s ballet students, particularly Bettina “Boo” Jordan (Kaitlyn Jenkins), Ginny Thompson (Bailey Buntain), Melanie Segal (Emma Dumont), and Sasha Torres (Julia Goldani Telles). They’re all very impressed with Michelle’s real world dance experience. Boo takes Michelle’s advice on auditioning to heart, and feels inspired to try out for a prestigious local performance.

Things are starting to look up for Michelle but then, Hubbell is suddenly killed in a car accident. As a result, she’s left feeling alone and very unsure about her future.
space

Series Finale

Episode 18 — Next!
Michelle auditions for a show in Los Angeles. Sasha and Boo think about taking their respective relationships to the next level.
First aired: February 25, 2013.

space

What do you think? Do you like the Bunheads TV series? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled and there won’t be a second season?

Roselynn August 10, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I need Bunheads! There are so few GREAT scripted television shows on. And I’m sorry but I don’t think teen pregnant reality shows are a form of entertainment. I miss Bunheads and without it I have been watching shows online because there are only so many Law and Order reruns to watch. Bring Sutton and the girls back!

Dena Raftery June 22, 2014 at 10:12 am

Loved this show as well as Camp! Both of my favorite summer shows were cancelled!

katvk June 17, 2014 at 1:55 am

I so looked forward every week to watch Bunheads. The show was brilliant! The cast, the writing, the choreography all was new and refreshing then it was just gone . One BIG STUPID move by the sponsors. I and others boycott your products!

Wilenta March 17, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Love the show Bunheads excellent comedic timing. Just found out it was cancelled. Had to double check dvr setting

Bunheads Fan March 18, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Our whole family really liked this show
My wife and two daughters loved Monday nights together watching the show
We signed the petitions, called ABC Family and Even had hopes one of the other Networks would pick it up … It was that good

So now the only thing we can do is Say ” Thank-You ”
One season was not enough
We will all miss the Bunheads

Jacqui April 12, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Maaannnnnnnn!!! I loved that show. Only problem was that it was against “Dancing with the Stars” and I was going back and forth trying to watch both. Why do they cancel all the good shows and we get stuck with “crap”. I am so sick of all the screaming and yelling on the housewives reality shows and all the killing and blood on the other shows. The Lying Game, Men in Trees, Bunheads, Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls… lets have these come back!

Rawni March 5, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Im very sad to see the so has been cancelled me and my daughter loved to watch together it was our bonding time:(

Spotty February 13, 2014 at 6:24 am

How can such a simple, hilarious, charming show become cancelled?
I know, there was not any violence, homosexual issues, adultery, addiction problems, or severe fowl language!

It appears that is all society wants! Great acting is no longer necessary nor is it appealing to have clean laughter.

I have always followed Amy Sheridan.

If viewers can bring back Duck Hunters, then we should rally and bring Bunheads back! And a..one …and a two…

ABC Family February 15, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Thank You for your continued interest in ABC Family’s Bunheads, A show we were very proud to air
The shows rating were not adequate to continue further production, Our sponsors wanted shows with greater viewer appeal and for that reason ABC Family has decided not to renew “Ravenswood,”

Please tune into ABC Family for our new spring line up with shows , Pretty Little Liars, Twisted,
The Fosters , Melissa & Joey

We here at ABC Family are committed to bring you the very best in family entertainment

PAUL LEE
President, ABC Entertainment Group

Rawni March 5, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Agreed

Anonymous January 20, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Hate that it was canceled, thought the leading ladies were extremly funny and played well off each other, always happens to promissing shows, wish they would get rid of those stupid “reality” shows instead.

Corinne January 11, 2014 at 6:39 pm

I can’t believe Bunheads is cancelled. I kept searching for it and finally checked. Every time a great healthy vibrant show appears some turkey, with their extreme loss of clarity of the watching public cancels the new greats. It was like getting a taste of the Gilmore Girls on a new and inciteful level! Shame on you ABC. I’ll just return to NBC, not that anyone seems to care!

Mellony Ramsey January 7, 2014 at 10:39 am

I have enjoyed Bunheads, it has been refreshing. With all of the crime shows, beauty, and other shows at primetime it has been different. Please put the last episode back on television.

Deborah January 5, 2014 at 5:25 pm

LOVED LOVED LOVED this fast paced and witty show that showcased many actors from Gilmore Girls and maintained the pace and wit of that show. Please reconsider and air this show again!!!!!!! You already cancelled the show regarding the gymnasts, too., Both shows are wholesome and is what ABC Family is SUPPOSED to be about!

JSC December 30, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Having been a dancer growing up, I loved watching this show. The dialog/scriptwriting was unique, witty, and smart. Such a shame to not have something so creative succeed when all the tripe and drivel on TV remains and thrives.

TOM RIELAND November 10, 2013 at 1:13 am

We liked this quick witted, fast talking TV show with a good stories and good acting with great Dance choreography …I am very disappointed with ABC Family choices instead of going with good family TV show they decided to promote The Teen Aged WOW factor the vampire doesn’t sparkle any more
We will miss Bunheads … that if given the chance would have been bigger than Gilmore Girls Goodbye Michelle and Fanny and the Dance Company of The Paradise Dance Academy !

Jake November 9, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Extremely disappointed Bunheads was cancelled. All the garbage that is on TV right now – unfunny comedies, hits because they have big stars, the unending stream of “reality” shows, new man shows every week and they cancel Bunheads??? Why? Why? Why? It was by far the best show I had seen on TV – ever! Had everything and was original. So sad. Have stopped watching Spark TV but am sure my one little boycott doesn’t help much.

Lori October 21, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Loved bunheads! So sad it got cancelled! Why?

Charlotte October 14, 2013 at 7:53 pm

I generally hate shows with teenage angst…..loved, loved Bunheads!! Fabulous and talented cast with good writing. Why do the “Housewives” survive while good shows with acting and writing and plots get cancelled? May finally be time to jettison cable!!