Buried Treasure: Won’t Be Back For Season Two

canceled buried treasure Tv show, no season 2It looks like the Keno brothers are done finding “buried treasure,” at least on FOX anyway. The network has dropped the short-lived non-scripted series after one season. Buried Treasure ran for four episodes last summer, from August 24th until September 14th.

The TV series follows two professional appraisers, Leigh and Leslie Keno, as they travel to people’s houses to inspect potentially rare and unusual items. The participants are often in need of cash and so episodes share their emotional journies as items are brought to auction and sold.

The Keno brothers are well known from their work on PBS’ Antiques Roadshow series.

Unfortunately, the non-scripted show certainly wasn’t a secret gold mine for the network. The premiere attracted a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.67 million total viewers. It was in fourth place in its timeslot, beaten by a sitcom repeat and other reality fare. The final episode hit a low with a 0.8 rating and 2.80 million.

Over the four weeks, the show averaged just a 1.0 rating with 3.51 million viewers. The network chose not to bring the series back for a second season this summer or for the 2012-13 schedule.

What do you think? Did you enjoy watching Buried Treasure? Would you liked to have seen it come back for a second season?

caolan May 12, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Heard the Kenos got caught not living up to their word as to auctioning the items found.

kevin May 8, 2014 at 9:48 pm

I thought it was good show and would like to see more.

Arlene April 22, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Bring them back….educational, fun, interesting and a small picture of
America

Rick April 19, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Great show! Bring it back.

Tom March 15, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Just watched two shows and thought they were great.
Can’t believe the show was cancelled.
Advertise it so people are aware of it, then bring it back.

Anonymous March 22, 2014 at 6:05 pm

I’m with tom

Sarah R. March 4, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Loved this show! Very upsetting to find out that it will no longer be on =(

William Garrison March 3, 2014 at 10:35 pm

The problem is that the show is on a crappy network, is not in a good time slot and day and is not advertised aggressively. period

Sue February 24, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I only saw the listing for the Keno brothers show last week and watched 2 episodes. I’ve been very much looking forward to seeing the next one only to find out today, when I searched online, that it was canceled. I loved this show and hope that it will get picked up again. If it had been advertised better, I’m sure there would have been a much larger audience. I had no idea it was on – just happened to see the listing in my tv guide.

Helen February 18, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Did not even know the show was on. I just found a rerun the other day and loved it! Would like to see another season

Carol February 16, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Watched this show last night loved it, was so nice to watch some thing that was nor reality crap TV. Even if some items were not valuable there heart felt concern for there guest was nice to see.Would really enjoy watching this show please bring it back don’t know why it was cancelled possible not enough advertising up coming time and days .

barbArA bloom February 16, 2014 at 12:31 pm

yes I would have liked to see the keno brothers return. Young people are into recycling and repurposing – think you were premature in cancelling. What better way to recycle than antiques? Perhaps producers should have rethought format and tried different approach. Thank you. Barbara

sean February 16, 2014 at 3:13 am

Loved i,t wish it made it!

katie February 8, 2014 at 3:23 pm

I am so sorry to see that Buried Treasure was canceled. I’ve been looking for it to watch. I went online and found it had been canceled.
It was a great show overall. The brothers repeated themselves a lot on the show, that would be my only complaint, but bring it back anyway. The Keno brothers have style and knowledge.

Kevin OConnor February 1, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Saw it last week and loved it….figures the the network would cancel it.

bob January 22, 2014 at 1:56 am

Lets see, no tattoos, no drugs, no ex convicts, above average historical value, that just about alienates 80percent of the American viewers watching public TV or cable reality shows. The dumbed down shows that attract a dumbed down public make it.