Burn Notice: A Seventh, Final Season Renewal Coming?

According to Deadline, USA Network is close to renewing Burn Notice for a seventh but final season of 13 episodes.

The series was renewed for fifth and sixth seasons back in April 2010 and has remained USA’s most popular TV show. The first 10 episodes of season six aired over the summer and have averaged a 1.2 demo rating with 4.4 million viewers.

The remaining eight installments of the sixth season will start running next Thursday, on November 8th. The season is set to wrap on December 20th with a pair of episodes.

Suits, Royal Pains, White Collar and Covert Affairs have been given renewals in recent months while Fairly Legal and Common Law were cancelled. The fate of Necessary Roughness, which returns in January with the remaining five episodes of its second season, is still up in the air.

What do you think? Is it time for Burn Notice to end or would you like to see it continue for many more seasons?

Canceled and renewed TV show

31 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

Please renew for many more seasons! Burn Notice is awesome! The most witty, smart, and entertaining show on tv. Millions of us are hooked and want it to continue!

2. Robert says

I think in this case a 10 season renewal should be done. It is not one that should be cancelled for a long time.
    It is strange they are thinking of not keeping it!

3. Peggy Schwanda says

Needless to say I would like to see Burn Notice continue. It is one of the most entertaining shows on TV, they have me hooked. I feel the show still has a lot of life in it and look forward to it airing in November,Please don’t cancel it .

4. Ventus Astrum says

I stumbled upon Burn Notice in Season 3 and have been a loyal follower ever since. I would love to see BN go for at least another two seasons, but if the powers that be think it’s time to bring it to an end, what can you do? At least they’re giving the writers & actors another, albeit shortened, season to wrap things up properly.
    Go Michael!

5. says

I have followed this show since day dot, and enjoy watching each and every episode but I do think that Season 7 should be the farewell season. The story lines are all being finished off well in Miami anyways and the only way I could see it really continuing is either moving City’s like flee the Country to Ireland and follow Fiona’s side of the story more and have Michael over there helping her or a Spin Off though not sure which characters would make a good show.

6. Chris says

Burn notice cannot be canceled yet. It is my favorite show and there are so many unanswered questions about Michael, Sam, fieona, michales mom, and michaels brother

7. DKougar says

This show is so far ahead of 99% of the other cable or network fare! You actually have to THINK while watching & they don’t spoon feed the audience or dumb it down. SO refreshing to be treated as an intelligent adult! They do their thing & you keep up, get the jokes, follow the logic or not. They ain’t comin’ back to pick you up!

8. marlon says

burn notice is my favourite tv show i look forward to watching it every thursday night i would love to see it continue for many more seasons to come.