Burn Notice: Creator Open to Spin-off or Reunion Movie

Burn Notice endsTonight marks the end of Burn Notice on USA Network. After 111 episodes and seven seasons, it’s time to say goodbye to Michael Westen — but it might not be forever.

In a recent interview with TheWrap, series creator Matt Nix says that he’s open to doing either a spin-off or a reunion movie of some kind.

He said, “I would love to do it… The door has been left open intentionally [in the finale], but nobody’s asked me to write a script. If the opportunity ever arose to do something like that I’d be thrilled.”

What do you think? Would you like to see Burn Notice return in some form one day?

Fred September 13, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Probably one of the best series finals ever. I would love a Sam and Jesse spin off

dancinhomer September 13, 2013 at 11:38 am

The series betrayed the premise once it became more about intrigue and less about a disavowed spy helping out normal people. I was watching it this season just because I wanted to see how it ended. If it’s just more of the last couple of seasons, I’ll pass. If it went back to it’s roots, I’d be there!

Keith September 13, 2013 at 11:38 am

Please let there be a return of Burn Notice. I’ve been sad ever since last night. It must have all the original cast or don’t do iy

Justapod September 13, 2013 at 2:57 am

In this time of “reality tv”, quality programming like Burn Notice was truly entertaining. Loved the cast and I never missed a show. I will miss Burn Notice. I don’t think a spin off would be a good idea but I would love to see a reunion movie, either tv or big screen. To all those who made Burn Notice the show I loved to watch, I say ….. Thank You.

Barb September 13, 2013 at 2:55 am

yes I would love to see Burn Notice return, it is the best show on usa network

Jeff September 13, 2013 at 2:34 am

I enjoyed the season and hope they make some type of sequel. Michael Weston was a great character with a lot of depth and I think there is a lot more story to tell

Lin September 13, 2013 at 12:31 am

I don’t know if Sam and Jesse could carry a series alone. The whole ex-spy-in-Miami thing was done well…what would be new? Mary McDonnell couldn’t have pulled off Major Crimes if the cast of The Closer hadn’t stayed.

I think we just have to settle for reruns!

Cassidy Quinn September 13, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I disagree. At first, I was excited that they may be getting their own show. Then. I realized, what would they do? Continue helping people? 7 more seasons of the same thing? Won’t that get boring? My mom said no. I thought about it and agreed with her. They could continue helping people, but there would probably be a twist so it’s not a cheap remake of Burn Notice. I think Sam and Jesse are really funny. It may be more of a guy’s show ( no Fi :/ ) but I think it will still be good. It could possibly have more action or less action! I think they could hold a show well. I hope they do it?

Anonymous September 12, 2013 at 11:36 pm

I’ll really miss Burn Notice — never missed an episode. Yes, I would love to see a spinoff or reunion of some kind. I love all the main characters and the way they interacted over the years. They took me into another world each week! Thanks for such an entertaining series. They will be missed.

Thomas Ford September 12, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Like so many great programs, the big screen must be next…

lori hall September 12, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Great show and awsome cast I will really miss Burn Notice. I have been a fan since the very start.

Andrew Black September 12, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Yes. In fact I think James Bond should move over and allow a Michael Weston movie line through. This comes from a long time bond fan, but there is finally something that has come a long that I can appreciate just as much if not more and his name is Michael Weston.

James Ownbey September 12, 2013 at 10:06 pm

I am a Firefighter , me and the guys watched every episode. Please give us this, please give us some closure.

Tom September 12, 2013 at 10:05 pm

It is like my heart was torn out tonight….. If there’s a chance to bring them back….
HELL YA I’M ALL FOR IT!!!!!

Erin September 12, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Love the series. All the characters, and actors playing them, are excellent. I would’ve a devoted viewer of a spinoff, with any of these characters.

Susan September 12, 2013 at 6:11 pm

I enjoyed everyone on this series, so hate for it to end… :( I have lots of them dvr’d so I’ll be happy till I get to see what happens.. :) thank you all..love you guys!!