Burn Notice: Ending with Season Seven

Burn Notice endingAs suspected months ago, USA has decided to end Burn Notice after seven seasons on the air. The last season, which debuts on June 6th, will have 13 episodes.

Burn Notice has been a staple of USA’s line-up since 2007 and, by the end of the series, will have completed more than 100 episodes. The cast includes Jeffery Donovan, Gabrielle Anwar, Bruce Campbell, Sharon Gless and Coby Bell.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Burn Notice is ending? What would you like to see happen before the series finishes?

AJ May 23, 2013 at 11:13 am

It’s a tragedy. Too many good shows are going off and not being replaced with shows of the same interest or quality. USA has a million NCIS’s on during the week, they should just become the NCIS Network. Then these new, better shows could look elsewhere for their franchising to begin with. NCIS is OK, but the same old, same old for the most part. Nowhere near as interesting as Monk, Psych, or Burn Notice. I feel like USA is going down a path that will lead them to losing the audience that built them. Of their remaining shows the only ones that have the same quality, interest level, and humor are Psych–(which may be out next time as well), Royal Pains and Suits and I have to wonder how much longer those will last now. The only other really good shows–since Body of Proof and CSI:NY were also cancelled, are Castle, The Mentalist and Person of Interest. Hopefully their networks have the sense to keep them going for years to come.

chris August 23, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Its an amazing show and don’t want to see it cancelled.

Jade May 20, 2013 at 8:57 pm

I’ll miss Burn Notice! I’ll miss the characters, and the action.
It’s a intelligent show with a little bit of this & that which keeps me interested
I also enjoyed how Michael narrates.

Why oh Why USA are you cancelling this show.

TJF May 24, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I agree, I love how Michael narrates in the background…its a subtle addition that really adds something special to the show.

Mark Haugen May 20, 2013 at 2:35 am

It amazes me the USA continues to cancel on great show after another.
They need to reconsider and continue Burn notice.
It will be but a few more seasons and FX will completely dominate USA.
Good luck with the survival of your network.
Your new shows actually are terrible and have no imagination to them.
Rest In Peace USA

Anonymous May 19, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Yes it wasn’t until now that it’s USA who decide and not the cast etc. I love this show! When I first started watching it, I knew I’d wouldn’t stop. It’s one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long time! I don’t watch too many shows other then repeats of NCIS, LA, and Law and Order SUV. But I am hoping that something will turn of the better and hope USA will change their mind!

Bernie Tags May 19, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Both the acting and the writing are superb is this TV series.100 besos is nothing a comparison to some other Greek TV series such as Gunsmoke or Mash. I see Gabriella as an 89. The casts’ acting supersedes the verbal script. keep the series!

SD May 22, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Wow, this is a great show! Can’t believe USA is ending the only good show they have. I have watch every episode. Burn Notice is one of three shows I watch. Poor choice to end this.

Jack May 16, 2013 at 9:21 pm

One of the best shows on tv ! Are you guys crazy

Elaine Gilbert May 16, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Please don’t cancel Burn Notice, it is well written, and has a great story line. If there is an official web site to petition for burn notice to stay on the air please post a link. I will repost and repost, til hopefully someone continues the show or another network picks it up.
Elaine

Rose May 13, 2013 at 3:15 pm

With so many “quality ” shows on tv, like Atlanta Housewives, Survivor, Honey BooBoo., Bridezilla , Jersey Shore and the list , unfortunately , goes on and on. Why in the world would we want to keep a show with first class actors, good storyline and can keep you entertained and hold your attention? Oh, I forgot, network executives don’t care about the viewer, just the bottom line. If the ax (no pun intended ) has to drop do it with class and at least don’t leave us hanging and don’t go killing them off !

Laura May 12, 2013 at 10:11 am

i was surfing, looking up something else, & came across this piece of VERY BAD NEWS by accident. I agree w/all comments posted & i, too, am baffled & dumbfounded. Im almost 60 & have been a fan of QUALITY tv programs for a VERY long time. I will never understand the STUPID decisions tv execs make. NEVER. Cancelling BN is moronic. I sure hope its not too late to write & film an episode that reveals WHO burned Michael & WHY & to give us hardcore BN fans like myself some closure! Also knowing what the future brings to “the gang” would be great! I will also miss Chuck Finley.

SMB May 11, 2013 at 6:11 pm

It’s a shame “Burn Notice” has been cancelled. In our house it’s a staple and has been since the beginning. The characters are wonderful and the storylines, exceptional. Would like to see Michael and Fiona married. Will really miss Bruce Campbell’s Chuck Finley!

Cathy May 11, 2013 at 11:49 am

Why in the world would you cancel this show. One of the best shows on TV. How about they cancel a bunch of Reality SHows, and leave the good ones alone. This show could run forever with the brilliant acting and writing that is within this series. Always counting the days for the next installments..very disappointed in USA, thought they had more savvy than to cancel this show.

Carolyn Dalton May 10, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Burn Notice is great and I don’t feel it has run it’s course.

Tre May 10, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Hate to see it end, wish it aired full season instead of summer months. Strong characters and storyline. Hope Fiona and Michael commit in marriage.

Barry Jablonski May 10, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Why is such a good show being cancelled ? With all of the stupid reality shows out there, why is it a good solid show like this having the plug pulled while those moronic reality shows seem to go on forever…. how about giving us programing we can enjoy !!!

Tha Critic May 10, 2013 at 10:32 pm

With this, “Southland” and “Go On” going off the air, I’m really not feeling TV right now.

Tha Critic May 10, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Well, I could definitely have it around for at least 2 more seasons after the 7th one. But maybe it is time for it to end. Better that than to have it cancelled.