Burn Notice

Burn NoticeNetwork: USA
Episodes: 111 + movie (hour)
Seasons: Seven

TV show dates: June 28, 2007 — September 12, 2013
Series status: Ended

Performers include: Jeffrey Donovan, Gabrielle Anwar, Bruce Campbell, Sharon Gless, Paul Tei, Tricia Helfer, Seth Peterson, Marc Macaulay, and Brandon Morris.

TV show description:
This comedy/drama centers around a spy who’s received a “burn notice,” meaning that the agency that he works for has wiped him off the grid, leaving him with no work history, no money, and no identity.

Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) flees a Nigerian operation that is taken down after the sudden non-cooperation of his U.S. contact. He soon finds himself back in his hometown of Miami with his ex, Fiona Glenanne (Gabrielle Anwar). A quick wit with two black belts, Michael’s assets have been frozen and he’s been abandoned by all of his business contacts. Michael learns that if he leaves Miami he’ll be taken into custody. So, working as a private investigator, he hopes to learn who burned him and why.

Fiona is a former IRA operative. She decides to stick around in Miami after Michael shows up and becomes one of his confidantes. She’s an explosives expert. Fiona and Michael are drawn to each other and, in their line of work, they really don’t have anyone else they can be with.

Sam Axe (Bruce Campbell) is a former Navy SEAL and a semi-retired intelligence operative. He works as a double agent and has been asked to report on Michael to the FBI. He tells Michael about this and they pass false information to the FBI. Using the alias of Chuck Finley, Sam has no job and no place to live, so he sleeps with rich, older women in exchange for food and shelter.

When Sam’s not doing that, he lives with Michael’s mom, a chain-smoking hypochondriac named Madeline Westen (Sharon Gless). Madeline’s other son is Nate (Seth Peterson), Micahel’s down-on-his-luck younger brother who has a tendency to wager property that he doesn’t own. Nate still resents Michael’s joining the military and leaving him at home with their abusive father. The brothers are able to find common ground when it comes to their desire to keep their Mom happy and safe.

Series Finale:
Episode #111 — “Reckoning”
Michael finds himself in a standoff between Fiona and Sonya: between loyalty and betrayal. Michael was planning on turning against the CIA and allying himself with Sonya, but when Sonya tries to kill Fiona for getting in their way, Michael shoots Sonya dead.

Michael’s now back on the right track, but it’s too late: not only are James and his entire organization gunning for Michael, but now the CIA is, as well. Because Michael didn’t make good on his agreement to take James and his entire organization down within 48 hours, the CIA has opened up a manhunt for Michael and his friends, releasing their pictures to every law enforcement agency in Florida.

With their faces all over the news and everyone in Miami chasing after them, Michael and the team have no choice but to go ahead and finish the mission. Michael is going to take down James and his network, once and for all, or die trying.

Michael learns that James has a communication relay center hidden in an abandoned building in downtown Miami. Inside, there’s a hard drive that records every message that passes through there. Michael plans to get the hard drive and deliver it to the CIA, so they can locate and neutralize every member of James’ terrorist organization.

Jesse goes to Maddie’s house to get Maddie and Charlie. Maddie sacrifices herself by detonating a bomb and takes out James’ men with her.

Michael shoots James who in turn blows up the building, seemingly killing Michael and Fiona. After Sam presides over a military funeral for his friends, we learn that they have escaped They are presumed dead so they can have a new life raising Charlie together.
Note: The series ended with a thanks to Freddie Figueroa. He was the show’s medic who passed away from cancer.
First aired: September 12, 2013.

What do you think? Do you like the Burn Notice TV series? Do you think it should have been renewed for an eighth season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

133 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Perry says

My wife 7 I have gotten into the show, which has a good story line and every time we get into a show they take it off the air!!
    Why don’t they take some of those crappie so called comadies .

2. johnboy says

I can`t imagine why Burn Notice is being cancelled. Everybody i know loves the show, it`s got everything. It got to the point where other cable channels are showing reruns all day long, even some networks show reruns. It`s a sad day, don`t let Burn Notice go.

3. susie says

I agree with another viewer, I like the show ten times better when Michael Works with “his team” the new guy….Fiona’s new boyfriend does not work to make the show that appealing! I like the show and it is appealing and exciting when Michael is working with his mother, Fiona and his best friend, and Jessie! The new boyfriend of Fiona is boring.

4. hilda says

I love burn notice so much I record both repeats and new shows. me and my friend like the show so much we were upset when Fiona gave Michael the “It’s over kiss on his cheek” we are hoping that Fiona realizes how much she loves Michael and gets back with him. So you see….We are hooked! Love the Show!!!

5. Patricia Morris says

I whis you would Keep this Show going on.I Love this show so much’And i dont got that many show, that I watch.

6. maria says

Really! I wait each season for Burn Notice. I thought maybe the actors were done but it was CANCELLED, how stupid is that! This is a fun show that keeps me interested until the end. i cant believe they cancelled it.

7. Katrina Kane says

Burn is my favorite show, it’s the best drama, action & comedy on tv. Burn has a large following, I do not understand why it is being canceled.
    ❤ Burn Notice

8. Terri says

Please do not cancel Burn Notice I look forward to the next season. Burn Notice is exciting I love the actors. I am partially disabled and can not do very much. So Please reconsider and continue the series. Thank you loyal fan of Burn Notice.

9. irene hammonds says

i have watched every episode of burn notice and have every disc and was heart broken when i learned this was the last season .i dont watch a lot of tv programs and so looked forward to burn notice every season. it totally sucks that i will not have a favorite show any more will not be watching usa if it is cancelled.it was a show with action and no one got hurt and was a real family show. thanks for listening to my complaints and please reconsider taking the show off the air. burn notice biggest fann!!!!!!!!!

10. Bruce says

Keep Burn Notice!
    We like the series.
    We like it better when Michael and his friends work as a team.
    The original formula works better than the season 7
    Formula.
    We don’t like the new addition who showed up
    Out of thin air as Fiona’s new beau. We like the interaction of
    Fiona, Michael and the team better!

11. Bob G. says

Is there a way to get an autographed photo of the whole cast? I love this show, it’s my favorite, just very upset that this series is being cancelled! I would love for the show to go on! Sharon Gless is the perfect, controlling mom, very much like my late mother was! lol. Seems like all the good shows get cancelled after a few seasons. That truly “sucks”! Thank God for “reruns”! I’ll be watching those.
    Thanks from a Vietnam Vet.,
    Bob

12. says

It is well written and acted! It needs a new raison d’être or in other words, The lead character has proven his “chops” as a leader of the pack but needs to stop running and have a legitimate series of assignments as an officer of some organization on the right side of the law.

13. Penny slaghuis says

Why would this program be on its final season. It is an awesome show my whole family watches it. The stars are the best Please dont make it the last season!!!