Camelot: Starz TV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

Camelot canceled season twoStarz has decided to cancel their Camelot TV series after one season. While the ratings weren’t bad for the Arthurian show, the numbers aren’t necessarily the whole reason why there won’t be a second season.

Camelot, as you might have guessed, is based on the legend of King Arthur. The series stars Jamie Campbell Bower as a young King Arthur, with Joseph Fiennes as Merlin, Eva Green as Morgan, and Tamsin Egerton as Guinevere.

The premiere attracted 1.1 million viewers with a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That marked the cable channel’s most-watched and highest-rated original series premiere to date. Unfortunately, the second installment dropped 24% in total viewership and subsequent episodes dropped even further. Still, by the end of the season, the ratings were on an upswing. The finale nearly matching the viewership of the premiere.

While Camelot may have ordinarily ended up getting a renewal from Starz, the ratings weren’t the only factor in play.

A statement from a Starz representative notes, “Due to significant production challenges, Starz has decided not to exercise the option for subsequent seasons of Camelot with our production partners GK-tv, Octagon Films and Take 5 Productions.” Deadline reports that some of those “challenges” included scheduling conflicts with some of the actors.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Camelot has been cancelled? Would you have liked to have seen a second season?

ruth May 9, 2012 at 4:11 am

Thats really unfortunate.some of us really like epic series and especially somethingking arthur related.its really dissappointing,wish you would reconsider.

Charlene May 8, 2012 at 10:03 pm

I am very upset about not having a season 2. I greatly enjoyed season 1 and am very dissappointed in this decision. I was looking forward to the many things that were to come on the show.

Kleingirl3 May 5, 2012 at 7:26 pm

That’s too bad! I really enjoyed watching the show. It was a great add to my dvr along with Borgias and Game of Thrones. It was was such a good mix to see all three. I am disappointed that Starz didn’t advertise the show enough to gain more viewers. It’s always sad when a show ends, but the way Starz abruptly ended the show, is straight out rude. At least the other major channels do it with grace and with an ending season. Shame on you Starz!!!

Samantha May 2, 2012 at 9:35 am

They cut Camelot, I cut Starz. EASY.

Nick May 1, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I loved Camelot and was really wanting to see a second season of it. But if you look online at the ratings of some other shows on starz they are just as low as Camelot and they got renewed witch I think is dun that starz didn’t do the same with Camelot.

Karen April 22, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I actually did research to find out what happen to Camelot. . . I too am totally destroyed to have found out that the show was canceled. . . I too believe Stars messed up. . . I refuse to look at Spartacus. . . Camelot had a way better & different approach than the multitude of castle dwelling episodes across the premium network spectrum. I hope some other premium network channel picks Camelot up & find the original cast members to win the devote viewing public. . . It was a wonderful fantasy to enjoy. . . STARS . . .you blew it!

Anonymous April 23, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Spartacus is the BEST your missing out….I like Camelot too but doesn’t be Spartacus

Janice Johnson April 18, 2012 at 12:08 am

I am really sorry that Camelot wasn’t renewed. I really enjoyed the series. I like period type shows. Hopefully, it will be picked up again someday.

Chase April 17, 2012 at 8:45 am

I really enjoyed Camelot! Sexy and Suspenseful! Hopefully that another network will pick up this show with most of the same cast!

David April 15, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I can only hope some other network will pick it up. Now I can drop my subscription.

tony April 14, 2012 at 4:42 pm

i swear starz repressentatives are morons. they keep stupid shows and get rid od the good ones. i think no i know starz has lost my bussiness. i hope you all go to hell. bunch of retards. you all get paid way to much . so why dont you do your dam job instead of pussy footing out of it because you actually have to think and do your job!

sandra April 1, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I also paid for Starz just for Camelot—-how disappointing it was cancelled—-Must not have had enough blood and gore

lisa March 24, 2012 at 8:52 pm

This ticks me off i pay for starz just for that show,they keep the stupid ones and get rid of the good.

Camille2009 March 23, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Love the show. I am sorry i only found it scanning through
Netflix. Its well scripted and good cast. I am saddened
that there is no season 2. They could have made it into
a mini series to shorten the committment time.

Debbie and Snake March 23, 2012 at 8:08 am

OMG We cant believe this show was cancelled! We loved it and was waiting for the second season. My gosh this was a great show and makes the show Merlin look like a joke compared to Camelot! Wow we hope you change your mind.

brent March 22, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Loved the show as did the rest of the family what a shame it was canceled as we were hoping for a season 2