Camelot: Starz TV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

Camelot canceled season twoStarz has decided to cancel their Camelot TV series after one season. While the ratings weren’t bad for the Arthurian show, the numbers aren’t necessarily the whole reason why there won’t be a second season.

Camelot, as you might have guessed, is based on the legend of King Arthur. The series stars Jamie Campbell Bower as a young King Arthur, with Joseph Fiennes as Merlin, Eva Green as Morgan, and Tamsin Egerton as Guinevere.

The premiere attracted 1.1 million viewers with a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That marked the cable channel’s most-watched and highest-rated original series premiere to date. Unfortunately, the second installment dropped 24% in total viewership and subsequent episodes dropped even further. Still, by the end of the season, the ratings were on an upswing. The finale nearly matching the viewership of the premiere.

While Camelot may have ordinarily ended up getting a renewal from Starz, the ratings weren’t the only factor in play.

A statement from a Starz representative notes, “Due to significant production challenges, Starz has decided not to exercise the option for subsequent seasons of Camelot with our production partners GK-tv, Octagon Films and Take 5 Productions.” Deadline reports that some of those “challenges” included scheduling conflicts with some of the actors.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Camelot has been cancelled? Would you have liked to have seen a second season?

karla June 8, 2012 at 9:23 pm

i been waiting for season2 all year. enough to where i went looking for it. come to find out starz cancelled the damn thing. freaking rude as hell starz. u suck

Freda Jones June 8, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I am saddend to hear this news…I really enjoyed this epic take on Camelot and was so looking forward to the next season and finding out what happens. Really Starz, must you cancel a show that apparently has some loyal followers? The cast was unbeatable, and the storyline fantastic. Joseph Finnnes as Merlin…WOW! This is the ONLY TV show that I have ever went out and purchased on DVD, because I wanted to watch it again and again. Is there any chance that you would reconsider, and bring it back? I do not watch the other shows “Torchwood” or “Spartacus” – I just couldn’t get into them.

Andrew June 5, 2012 at 4:43 pm

This news is terrible. Camelot was a well-cast ensemble, very well-acted and the show was getting better and better with each week. Starz is doing a disservice to their ‘currently’ loyal viewers!

By May 30, 2012 at 8:28 pm

I enjoyed the show and was waiting for the next season.

Rosalie May 30, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I couldn’t wait for season 2, and have been looking to see when it would air. Now I read that Starz cancelled the series??? I loved Camelot for many reasons, well written, great period piece, the acting was superb and the story captivating. Each episode left you wanting more. Who makes these decisions at the networks? Not happy about this at all!

Linda May 29, 2012 at 10:52 am

So disappointed in the cancellation of this great show. Camelot was such a well acted, exciting series; could hardly wait for the next episode. Starz, you missed the boat on this one!

Linda May 27, 2012 at 5:50 pm

was so upset that it not playing again. I rewatched all the 1st ones over and just found out it not playing. Why take a good show away from ppl that they enjoy and pay for ? Reconsider and play the 2nd series. You giving yourself a bad rep. on on your channel

Betsy May 23, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Im very disappointed that this show has been cancelled. Very well written. Good storyline. Hopefully with more loyal viewers writing their comments that Starz will reconsider a second season.

shon May 22, 2012 at 2:15 am

this is really sad news i really enjoyed Camelot i hope that they change there descson and try to come back . it was well written and i was becoming more intrigued by the plot .you all just left us hanging. Very disappointed.

Teresa May 17, 2012 at 9:23 pm

I am very disappointed that STARZ has decided to cancel Camelot. This was such a good show and now I don’t have anything to look forward to. At the very least, bring it back to tie up the loose ends and not leave the faithful viewers left with a “cliffhanger”.

eddie vega May 17, 2012 at 8:20 pm

yes im so upset. i was wondering what happened i was looking for the show …starz u disappointed me

Elisabete May 17, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I am so disapointed that Camelot will not have a second season, i am really thinking about canceling Starz… It was a great show.

Krista May 10, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I am very disappointed that there will not be a season 2 of Camelot. My entire family loved that show and was really looking forward to the next few seasons. STARZ you really missed the ball on this one. Hope you reconsider and bring it back.

Donna May 10, 2012 at 6:53 am

Have been waiting for Camelot to start back up and am SOOOO disappointed to find out it was cancelled. This was a great show! Please reconsider and bring it back…….it gave me something to look forward to every week.

ryan May 9, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I am really disappointed with starz. Even with scheduling issues, there should have been at least another season. Those of us who were faithful to the series, those of us who would stay up late, and drag ass for work the next morning just to watch the show, get nothing. Not even a formal notice that the show was cancelled. That is just rude, and so I flat out refuse to keep starz in my house! Good going starz, hope the loss of viewers works out for you.