Camelot: Starz TV Series Cancelled, No Season Two

Camelot canceled season twoStarz has decided to cancel their Camelot TV series after one season. While the ratings weren’t bad for the Arthurian show, the numbers aren’t necessarily the whole reason why there won’t be a second season.

Camelot, as you might have guessed, is based on the legend of King Arthur. The series stars Jamie Campbell Bower as a young King Arthur, with Joseph Fiennes as Merlin, Eva Green as Morgan, and Tamsin Egerton as Guinevere.

The premiere attracted 1.1 million viewers with a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic. That marked the cable channel’s most-watched and highest-rated original series premiere to date. Unfortunately, the second installment dropped 24% in total viewership and subsequent episodes dropped even further. Still, by the end of the season, the ratings were on an upswing. The finale nearly matching the viewership of the premiere.

While Camelot may have ordinarily ended up getting a renewal from Starz, the ratings weren’t the only factor in play.

A statement from a Starz representative notes, “Due to significant production challenges, Starz has decided not to exercise the option for subsequent seasons of Camelot with our production partners GK-tv, Octagon Films and Take 5 Productions.” Deadline reports that some of those “challenges” included scheduling conflicts with some of the actors.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Camelot has been cancelled? Would you have liked to have seen a second season?

Andrey December 24, 2012 at 12:42 am

Love that show. I would love to see more seasons :-)

bea December 22, 2012 at 5:18 pm

you guys need to put it back on the air we need some thing to watch after Spartacus is over you guys suck please rethink thik this and gives us the second season .

Marcia Wall December 12, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I’ve already missed the Camelot show very much. It was a Friday night ritual for my husband and I. The story line was so intriguing and the settings were fabulous. And the clothing they wore was incredible. If there is the smallest chance of bringing the show back, you have my vote and admiration!!
Marcia Wall

kiswa December 1, 2012 at 3:22 am

Camelot is a mythical tale of the ancient past. The camelot series
was excellent because it began in the begining showing why each
Character came to his role. And all actors were excellent. The story
Was an intelligent real life gripping portrayal of how a boy comes a king.
A daughter who seeks her rightful claim to her father’s kingdom
In a patriachal society. A wizard afraid of using his gifts for fear of pric
His soul would pay. And all the other beautiful entanglement of
Characters who enters the journey of building camelot. The network
Should bring it back. I think they will delighted in viewers committed response.

tim November 30, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Camelot was a brilliant show, I urge nae plea with starz to reconsider and to carry on making it
Bring back camelot Please

rhonda November 27, 2012 at 10:45 pm

might have know another series i liked to watch cancelled,,,

Gary November 23, 2012 at 5:19 am

This is just another case of media greed. I am sick of this type of media hype. You watch a series that they promote and then suddenly just drop. At least HBO keeps there series going for at least two seasons. This is my last straw with STARZ, I am dropping my subscription and hope many others follow suit. They will just let you down again because some bean counter has not made their projections. What a shame that this had to happen and with such a great cast and director. It was a real work of art and was produced really well. Let’s hand it to STARZ for not worrying about art and entertainment and art. After all the have greedy stock holders and GM’s to entertain rather than the viewers.

Lisa November 20, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I am so disappointed. This was a great show. With cable shows, they aren’t always a hit off the bat. This show deserved more than 2 seasons. I knew nothing of the STARZ series until I was at home sick and found it ON DEMAND. I watched both seasons in one weekend. I was so excited to view the new season. I looked the show up and found it was cancelled. Please bring the show back. The acting and the writing were both top notch! The best version of Camelot yet!

Lisa November 20, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I meant I watched all of the episodes.

MAZLAN OTHMAN November 11, 2012 at 9:20 am

Hope the producer will review the decision about the 2nd season. this is is the most realistic versionof Camelot that I have seen so far. many versions before, but this is more down to earth. just bought the DVD of the 1st season and the story will hang after the 10th episode.

Angel November 10, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I like the story and the actors. I hope in the future they can do something about the scheduling.

Anonymous November 9, 2012 at 9:59 pm

to bad – it was a good series

Anonymous October 30, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I loved it very much. I am sorry that it has been cancelled.

AussieGirl October 28, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Loved the show! I was so looking forward to the second season. Maybe sometime in the future that can re start shooting and pick up where they left of.

Mike Elder October 17, 2012 at 9:26 am

Yes i would like to see a second season of Camelot. I thout it was a very interesting tv series.thanks

farmgirl1120 October 14, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I am sorry to hear they cancelled… I loved the cast and actors…