Camp: TV Show Cancelled by NBC, No Season Two

camp05NBC isn’t going back to summer camp next summer. The network has cancelled their Camp TV series after one season. Co-star Nikolai Nikolaeff broke the news on Twitter, writing, “So… It was a great summer and I loved every minute of it. Sorry to all the @NBCCamp fans out there but no go on #CampSeason2 #upsetting.”

Filmed in Australia with an almost all-Australian cast, Camp revolves around the mis-adventures of a group of counselors and visitors the antics of a group of campers and counselors at Little Otter Family Camp, a lakeside summer camp.

The performers include Rachel Griffiths, Thom Green, Dena Kaplan, Tim Pocock, Charles Grounds, Nikolai Nikolaeff, Lily Sullivan, Charlotte Nicdao, and Rodger Corser.

The show premiered in July to a decent 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.0 million viewers. Unfortunately, the numbers fell over the course of the run with the finale attracting a meager 0.8 rating and 3.22 million.

The 10th and final episode — titled “Last Days of Summer” — aired on September 11th.

What do you think? Did you lile the show? Are you sorry to hear that Camp won’t be back for a second season?

rachael August 19, 2014 at 7:34 pm

My husband and I really enjoyed this show. We don’t have cable so we were looking forward to this show to be back on.

John Hoke July 22, 2014 at 5:11 pm

I was a camper at Camp Chimney Rock for Boys and Girls, NC in the 1960″s. Camp on NBC was my favorite show last Summer. I know it did not get the audience but it was very good and reminded me of my own camp experiences.

Kels S July 10, 2014 at 4:54 pm

I am so incredibly disappointed!!! I was in love with this show, I can’t believe it’s been cancelled. I thought the casting was awesome, it was super entertaining, and really funny! I don’t even like tv but this was a show I watched every episode of.

nance July 7, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Really is upsetting that this show got cancelled, i truly was looking forward in watching it this summer . ☹

Nicole July 7, 2014 at 12:07 am

Actually really disappointed on this one… Loved the show and hope that it still has a chance of coming back.

Terry June 26, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Why do the networks always cancel the great shows and leave the crap shows on. This show was witty, light, good fun. I couldn’t wait to see the next episode. What did they do ?the usual, put in in a timeslot up against an unbeatable show then say The ratings arent good enough instead of just changing timeslots?? Very disappointed

Robin June 26, 2014 at 2:55 am

I thought I’d just have to wait for this summer to get to see season 2!

Tara June 18, 2014 at 11:20 pm

This sucks! I came online yo find out when season two was starting to find out it’s been cancelled! I hardly ever watch tv over the summer, but I always found time to watch camp, I’m really disappointed, why do you always cancel the good shows and leave all kinds of crap on!

anon June 17, 2014 at 10:56 pm

I loved this show and think it was a shame to not even give it a 2nd season. #NBCsucks

wm June 14, 2014 at 9:22 pm

I really liked the show. Sorry ut was cancelled.

Natalee garrison June 10, 2014 at 7:16 pm

I love camp the tv show it made me laugh so I think nbc should of not took off camp and put it back on nbc.

Karla B June 10, 2014 at 9:13 am

So sad to find out CAMP has been cancelled. I really enjoyed this fresh summer show amidst ALL of the reruns. Rachel Griffiths is wonderful as well as the rest of the cast. What is wrong with you people?!!!