Camp: TV Show Cancelled by NBC, No Season Two

camp05NBC isn’t going back to summer camp next summer. The network has cancelled their Camp TV series after one season. Co-star Nikolai Nikolaeff broke the news on Twitter, writing, “So… It was a great summer and I loved every minute of it. Sorry to all the @NBCCamp fans out there but no go on #CampSeason2 #upsetting.”

Filmed in Australia with an almost all-Australian cast, Camp revolves around the mis-adventures of a group of counselors and visitors the antics of a group of campers and counselors at Little Otter Family Camp, a lakeside summer camp.

The performers include Rachel Griffiths, Thom Green, Dena Kaplan, Tim Pocock, Charles Grounds, Nikolai Nikolaeff, Lily Sullivan, Charlotte Nicdao, and Rodger Corser.

The show premiered in July to a decent 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.0 million viewers. Unfortunately, the numbers fell over the course of the run with the finale attracting a meager 0.8 rating and 3.22 million.

The 10th and final episode — titled “Last Days of Summer” — aired on September 11th.

What do you think? Did you lile the show? Are you sorry to hear that Camp won’t be back for a second season?

46 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Faten H. says

I was so disappointed to hear that there was NO season 2. Can you people please find a way to get it back please ? And I get it if you can’t. I loved that show. I love the cast too.

2. Valorie says

Yes I really likes the show last summer and was wondering this summer when it was coming back and so I looked it up and found it was canceled. I was disappointed not to get to see the show this summer.

3. rachael says

My husband and I really enjoyed this show. We don’t have cable so we were looking forward to this show to be back on.

4. John Hoke says

I was a camper at Camp Chimney Rock for Boys and Girls, NC in the 1960″s. Camp on NBC was my favorite show last Summer. I know it did not get the audience but it was very good and reminded me of my own camp experiences.

5. Kels S says

I am so incredibly disappointed!!! I was in love with this show, I can’t believe it’s been cancelled. I thought the casting was awesome, it was super entertaining, and really funny! I don’t even like tv but this was a show I watched every episode of.

6. nance says

Really is upsetting that this show got cancelled, i truly was looking forward in watching it this summer . ☹

7. Nicole says

Actually really disappointed on this one… Loved the show and hope that it still has a chance of coming back.

8. Terry says

Why do the networks always cancel the great shows and leave the crap shows on. This show was witty, light, good fun. I couldn’t wait to see the next episode. What did they do ?the usual, put in in a timeslot up against an unbeatable show then say The ratings arent good enough instead of just changing timeslots?? Very disappointed

9. Tara says

This sucks! I came online yo find out when season two was starting to find out it’s been cancelled! I hardly ever watch tv over the summer, but I always found time to watch camp, I’m really disappointed, why do you always cancel the good shows and leave all kinds of crap on!

10. Karla B says

So sad to find out CAMP has been cancelled. I really enjoyed this fresh summer show amidst ALL of the reruns. Rachel Griffiths is wonderful as well as the rest of the cast. What is wrong with you people?!!!