Camp: TV Show Cancelled by NBC, No Season Two

camp05NBC isn’t going back to summer camp next summer. The network has cancelled their Camp TV series after one season. Co-star Nikolai Nikolaeff broke the news on Twitter, writing, “So… It was a great summer and I loved every minute of it. Sorry to all the @NBCCamp fans out there but no go on #CampSeason2 #upsetting.”

Filmed in Australia with an almost all-Australian cast, Camp revolves around the mis-adventures of a group of counselors and visitors the antics of a group of campers and counselors at Little Otter Family Camp, a lakeside summer camp.

The performers include Rachel Griffiths, Thom Green, Dena Kaplan, Tim Pocock, Charles Grounds, Nikolai Nikolaeff, Lily Sullivan, Charlotte Nicdao, and Rodger Corser.

The show premiered in July to a decent 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.0 million viewers. Unfortunately, the numbers fell over the course of the run with the finale attracting a meager 0.8 rating and 3.22 million.

The 10th and final episode — titled “Last Days of Summer” — aired on September 11th.

What do you think? Did you lile the show? Are you sorry to hear that Camp won’t be back for a second season?

asd October 30, 2013 at 4:44 am

best show ever oh my god me and my friends are alll devastated

Nathan Smith October 29, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Oh, thank God. It’s gone. I hated this show completely. Every Wednesday night this summer, as soon as AGT was off the air, I would either change the channel or press the power button.

Emily Black October 24, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I really enjoyed this show. The cast was great and I loved the storyline. So sorry to hear it is not going to be back; was looking forward to season 2!

Wendy October 24, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Why do we even bother watching new shows??? This was a REALLY good sho – hysterical, engaging, totally relatable! Sad, sad, sad…Shame on you NBC…

Anonymous October 11, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Bring it back!!!!!!! I love the cast!!!!!!!

Anonymous October 11, 2013 at 5:35 pm

I liked the show a lot!!!!! Wish I was actually there with them all! It gave me a very warm feeling in my heart! Spit all the drama!

MJ October 7, 2013 at 1:45 am

Thanks NBC – you’ve done it again. Cancelling a series at the end of the season is NOT finishing a storyline. I’m not investing anymore of MY time to watch anything on NBC.

King Kendrick Lamar October 5, 2013 at 6:36 am

Great show too bad it’s cancelled but I expected it, I just wish they would release a DVD I can buy so I can put it in my stash as one of the best shows I have watched. I will always watch that show every time summer comes and will let my future kids watch it too, Although its been cancelled at least it ended decently unlike other shows that’s been cancelled. NBC dun messed up on this one, careful NBC because if you make another great summer series next year and cancel it again I will diss you on my Control 2.

-KING KENDRICK LAMAR OUT.

CheerioSquirts October 3, 2013 at 5:25 am

I am sick and tired of watching shows on NBC, they cancel shows more than any network I have ever seen…I hate investing in shows with that network….

Why Watch October 2, 2013 at 12:18 pm

This show was not worthy of my time. Not funny at all.

Enriqueta October 2, 2013 at 11:02 am

This is why I have such a difficult time committing to any show on NBC. They never give a show time to develop. It was a very good show with room to grow. Maybe Netflix can pick it up. NBC once again = Epic Failure.

Anonymous October 2, 2013 at 10:51 am

Fine show if you were a 13 year old. For anyone older, it was pretty childish. It was so dumb I quit after just a few episodes. Nickelodeon had more mature shows.

Jen October 2, 2013 at 1:04 am

Camp was an amazing and fresh new series. I was laughing my you know what off each week. Please don’t cancel this show!

Colin October 2, 2013 at 12:45 am

to be honest I didn’t even know this show existed before now

Jon S. October 2, 2013 at 12:11 am

Again NBC pulls the plug on a great series. I so hate watching NBC shows due to their cancelling shows after the first season OVER and OVER and OVER again. This was a fun show to watch and I am extremely disappointed that NBC AGAIN pulls the plug on another fun series after the first season.

BOO!