Cancelled or Renewed CW TV Shows — updated 07/11

Vampire DiariesThe CW network has the fewest numbers of primetime to fill each week but also runs the largest percentage of reruns. Which shows have been cancelled or renewed already? When will they be back, if at all? Below is a list of all of the regular CW series that have aired (or are expected to air) during the 2010-11 season (July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011).

Using this list you can tell where your favorite CW series stand; how many episodes are in the current season, when shows will be back and, of course, if they’re already cancelled or renewed.

If you can’t find a particular CW program on this list, it may have been cancelled last season (2009-10) or perhaps the one before (2008-09). For a list of cancelled shows from all networks, you can go here. It may also be possible that we missed something so feel free to let us know in the comments below.

Here are updated listings for the five networks: ABC | CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC

TV shows Current/latest season Status
  18 to Life 1 (6 of 12 eps aired) cancelled in the U.S.
  90210 3 (22 eps, aired) renewed for season 4
  America's Next Top Model 16 (13 eps, aired) renewed for seasons 17 & 18
  Gossip Girl 4 (22 eps, aired) renewed for season 5
  Hellcats 1 (22 eps, aired) cancelled
  Life Unexpected 2 (13 eps, aired) cancelled
  Nikita 1 (22 eps, aired) renewed for season 2
  One Tree Hill 8 (22 eps, aired) renewed for season 9
  Plain Jane 1 (6 eps, aired) cancelled
  Shedding for the Wedding 1 (8 eps, aired) cancelled
  Smallville 10 (22 eps, aired) ended 5/13/11
  Supernatural 6 (22 eps, aired) renewed for season 7
  The Vampire Diaries 2 (22 eps, aired) renewed for season 3

Last updated: July 1, 2011.

What do you think? Which CW TV shows do you think will be cancelled or renewed?

Melanie May 18, 2011 at 7:26 am

My family and I absolutely LOVE “Bleep my Dad Says” with William Shatner… also “Human Target” and “Off the Map” and “The Defenders” and “Nikita”. The only one of these that shows it is actually renewed is “Nikita”. While we’re thrilled Nikita made it… we sure are disappointed and disgruntled that all the lousy “reality TV” shows seem to be taking over the other programs people would watch if they: a) Got more exposure as to their air dates/times and b) Were shown on a regular basis instead of taking them off on some ridiculous hiatus for weeks and months on end … only to return for a few weeks and taken off again for extended periods. What’s wrong with the people that set up the programs now? Who can keep up with all those changes? And then they wonder why their ratings aren’t where they’d like them to be ? Duh !!

no name May 17, 2011 at 6:09 pm

I am so mad the Smallville is gone. That was the main show on the CW network. Good bye CW.

john May 15, 2011 at 12:49 pm

gossip girl either expand secondary characters and phase out sabrina blair and chuck they are predictably boring. Hellcats needs to go or retitle it beautiful people with little talent; plus tell me one college cheerleading squad that doesn’t have atleast one gay male on it usually more. America next top model a reason to destroy all televisions mindless drivel. Shedding for the wedding haven’t we had enough of corporate america making a profit on others missery. Plain Jane haven’t seen it don’t want to. 18 to life again haven’t seen it don’t want to. nakita same boring story week after week there she is; oops we lost her, if this is what real goverment agents are like no wonder it took years to catah osama

Anonymous May 12, 2011 at 5:16 pm

OTH should stay on the air it is great show and super cast. that would be so cool if CMM and HB came back im sure more people would tune in if they did. If they do end the show its cw lost it a just less people whatching there network and more empty slots to fill. If they do make a season 9 they need to pick it up a little bring more drama and humor in to the show. So they should not cancel OTH give it one more season to try and get more fans hooked on this great show.

james May 9, 2011 at 7:39 am

I CMM and HB said they might come back to OTH next season. I really hope they do.

james May 9, 2011 at 7:41 am

I meant “I heard that CMM and HB might return to OTH.”

Mareah May 6, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Vampire diaries without Damon? No way. Caroline and tyler great couple.

Mareah May 6, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Thank You CW for renewing supernatural.Love DEAN and SAM!!!!
Best show on tv.

Anonymous May 5, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I WISH C W WOULD CANCELL ITSELF

JSmith May 5, 2011 at 8:37 pm

So glad Supernatural got picked up. Best show on the network. Would miss OTH if it doesn’t get picked up, but wouldn’t be surprised if the plug finally got pulled.

EFD C May 5, 2011 at 3:51 pm

vampire diary’s and supernatural yeeeessssss

Anonymous May 5, 2011 at 7:10 am

“Hellcats” is one of my two favorite CW shows (“America’s Next Top Model” is the other), and therefore should not be cancelled. (However, I do concede that Aly Michalka is NOT an actress of say, Bette Davis or Katharine Hepburn proportions.)

marian May 4, 2011 at 8:19 pm

ummmm don’t listen to the negative comments OTH is an awesome show, it has drama, and it is funny, i kept on hearing that last season was the last one,but once it was on again i was soooo happy…. they have been on the longest and they deserve to stay……….Directors are very creative weather the story is lame or not, oth can pull it off plus Brooke is finally pregnant we deserve to see that play out..please don’t cancel OTH….

Hello.Bye. May 17, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Drama? Really? I haven’t seen any drama on OTH for so long. They just live their perfect little lives now, and it’s all so fake and childish…it’s ridiculous. Like I’m watching a kid’s show. They were all acting more mature when they were in highschool.
I kept watching because I wanted to finish the show I’ve loved for years, but this isn’t OTH I loved. So I’m done with it after this season…

dudester May 4, 2011 at 2:35 pm

end oth. its staler then five week old bread that has been out on your counter.

with lucas and peyton gone.. there was no really lead that could handle the show .. hailey and nate cant sorry and brooke never was truly lead worthy..

unless they bring luke and peyton back kill it.. ive watched and loved it ever since ep 1 of season 1. just let it go.. already. the horse died stop beating it..

Anonymous May 2, 2011 at 6:19 pm

No what are u u talking about there are plenty of ideas for OTH. Please don’t take my OTH from me or its fans.

Spid3rMonk3y April 27, 2011 at 10:18 am

Cmon, OTH should end it with this season. I love the show, but that story is pretty much used up. I can’t possibly think of any new plot ideas for season 9 that would work…