Cancelled or Renewed CW TV Shows — updated 07/11

Vampire DiariesThe CW network has the fewest numbers of primetime to fill each week but also runs the largest percentage of reruns. Which shows have been cancelled or renewed already? When will they be back, if at all? Below is a list of all of the regular CW series that have aired (or are expected to air) during the 2010-11 season (July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011).

Using this list you can tell where your favorite CW series stand; how many episodes are in the current season, when shows will be back and, of course, if they’re already cancelled or renewed.

If you can’t find a particular CW program on this list, it may have been cancelled last season (2009-10) or perhaps the one before (2008-09). For a list of cancelled shows from all networks, you can go here. It may also be possible that we missed something so feel free to let us know in the comments below.

Here are updated listings for the five networks: ABC | CBS | The CW | FOX | NBC

TV shows Current/latest season Status
  18 to Life 1 (6 of 12 eps aired) cancelled in the U.S.
  90210 3 (22 eps, aired) renewed for season 4
  America's Next Top Model 16 (13 eps, aired) renewed for seasons 17 & 18
  Gossip Girl 4 (22 eps, aired) renewed for season 5
  Hellcats 1 (22 eps, aired) cancelled
  Life Unexpected 2 (13 eps, aired) cancelled
  Nikita 1 (22 eps, aired) renewed for season 2
  One Tree Hill 8 (22 eps, aired) renewed for season 9
  Plain Jane 1 (6 eps, aired) cancelled
  Shedding for the Wedding 1 (8 eps, aired) cancelled
  Smallville 10 (22 eps, aired) ended 5/13/11
  Supernatural 6 (22 eps, aired) renewed for season 7
  The Vampire Diaries 2 (22 eps, aired) renewed for season 3

Last updated: July 1, 2011.

What do you think? Which CW TV shows do you think will be cancelled or renewed?

Canceled and renewed TV show

118 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jamie says

Please keep Hart of Dixie it is one of the best shows on TV! I look forward in watching it every week. Also the best show on The CW right now.!

2. R. Brown says

“Hart of Dixie” is one of the better sitcoms on TV theses days. The lead is great. The supporting actors are great. The writing is right up there with the best of them.

CARRY ON.

3. Joanne says

I love The CW. I watch 92010, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, and One Tree Hill, but they shouldn’t of canceled Life Unexpected and Melrose Place.

4. Maha says

Melrose Place should’ve never gotten canceled, it’s such a great show and I’m surprised at how it hadn’t gotten many viewers. If only they gave it another chance and made season 2, it would have probably gained many more viewers!

Gossip Girl season 4 wasn’t that great compared to the other seasons so it better get better on Season 5.

90210 I’m pretty excited about. Except, Gossip Girl got more boring after they graduated from high school so let’s just hope for the opposite for 90210.

The Vampire Diaries is just too amazing for words. But I’m hoping to see more Delena (Damon & Elena) romance going on.

Hellcats is not the best show, I must say. But the cliffhanger of their coach getting fired had me hanging and wanting season 2.
    Here are some things I wanted to happen on Hellcats:
    -Alice would be Hellcats’ captain (She was, in the last episode)
    -Marty wouldn’t be with Julian (EW!)..
    -Marty and her bestfriend, the blond guy, (I forgot his name!) would be ‘together’.

These are just my opinions.

5. Christine says

One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, and 90210 have all gotten so boring……….Snooze! Vampire Diaries started out good but it’s progressing too slowly. You shouldn’t have cancelled Life Unexpected and Hellcats before they had a chance to grow. That just leaves Supernatural, and that seems to be following in the snooze fest footsteps of the others, except I can still gaze at Jensen Ackles….

• Henry says

im really with u tessy the show was great and the last episode was having many questions left in the air and though i wished if jonah was going to make it in the end with riley ;(

6. jane doe says

YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!
    ONE TREE HILL IS BACK!!!!!
    YEEEEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    today is a happy day
    <3 brooke davis

7. Samara says

I just want to say that “Hellcats” is a great show and it’s really a shame that they cancelled it, especially with such an unfinished ending! Now the only thing I will watch on The CW is “Supernatural”! I was crossing my fingers for “Hellcats”, but networks seem to have the tendency of not seeing some shows for the good that they are and then cancelling them!