Cancelled or Renewed? Status of CW TV Shows

cw-tv-shows-29Which CW TV shows have been cancelled? Which ones have been renewed? How many episodes have been ordered?

Below, you’ll find a list of The CW’s recent/current/upcoming primetime TV shows and their current status. To see a series’ ratings and how many episodes have aired (if any), click the links in the middle column. You can also see the full season’s ratings.

Here are cancelled/renewed listings for other networks:
ABC | CBS | FOX | NBC | HBO | Cinemax | Showtime | Starz
ABC Family | A&E | Amazon | AMC | BBC America | BET | Comedy Central | DirecTV | FX | FXX | Hallmark Channel | Hulu | IFC | Lifetime | MTV | Netflix | Nick at Nite | NickMom | Ovation |OWN | PBS | Pivot | Reelz | Sundance | Syfy | TBS | TNT | TV Land | USA | VH1

Note: If you’re not seeing the chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see it here.

What do you think? Which CW shows are your favorites? Have any of them been cancelled? Which TV shows are you hoping will be renewed for another season?

Derek July 21, 2014 at 11:37 pm

CAPTURE!!!!!!!! I will never watch CW again if capture is cancelled.

Robert July 14, 2014 at 2:04 am

You know I haven’t watched CW since it was called the WB. I found the tomorrow people and thought it was a really cool show. Since then I started watching the arrow and heart of Dixie. If the decision to cancel the tomorrow people is any indication of the way the station is going to be managed, you can count me out!

erin July 14, 2014 at 7:43 am

Robert
Tommrow People didn’t get canceled but it was forced off the network for number of reasons there was no space to put the Tommrow People in the fall and the summer lineup so therefore they didn’t want to risk the chances for a renewal and a cancellation

The other part is the 100 is getting higher raitings now and tommrow people only got mixed raitings and the ratings stay flat on the us millon of viewers while the demos ratings were out of control

The Statement was if The 100 got bad ratings that means that show would have been canceled but that didn’t happened if the 100 didn’t get renewed for a second season then tommrow people wouldve got renewed for a second season we can not blame the cw network

Bruce June 29, 2014 at 8:58 pm

I just can’t get over the stupidity of this decision to cancel The Tomorrow People. I have heard the of the saying that “any decision is better than no decision” well this puts that little saying to the sword.
Are you guys completely clueless?
The recouping casting, writing and set expenditures alone, given the current viewing base, would tell most intelligent people that a second series was warranted, matched up with the risk of something completely new at more expense. Plus it was a good show!
I am not going to invest any more of my time in CW produced shows if this the cavalier attitude you have to the viewing population. Bye bye.

barbara June 25, 2014 at 1:04 am

l just finishing watching the tomorrow people…. l which the show were still on because it was an excellent show. I am soo pissed you cancel the most perfectly good show and replace it with dumb ass one. Should judged a show with only the first season!!!! you had a good show with the tomorrow people and you dropped it with no ending I hope it come back … so sad loved this show so much. CW you are ….. no words for it!!!!

Aly June 12, 2014 at 2:14 am

The only one I’m truly upset about is the Carrie Diaries! I never really got into Star Crossed! And I’m surprised they are keeping BATB because it was truly not an interesting show to me! I think for each series that gets canceled, there should be a finale that helps tie up some of the loose ends because it’s not really fair for us the viewers to not see and experience the closure that for some shows you really need!

Ron May 25, 2014 at 9:28 am

Don’t cancel ” CAPTURE ” it is a Great Show and Gave Us a Different kind of show to Watch. I’m so sick of TV now a days, there just seems to be No thought Process in making New Shows. I think Capture though is Different and although it more or less is a takeoff on the ” Hunger Games ” I feel it did do a Great Job. my whole family enjoyed watching it.

Ron May 25, 2014 at 9:22 am

I really think CAPTURE should be Renewed. It was Fun and something New to TV. I know that it follows the Premise of the ” Hunger Games ” but still had it’s own Twist…………

zoey May 20, 2014 at 9:33 pm

I’m unhappy with the tomorrow people and starcrossed being dropped i love them.maybe if they had an ending it would be better!!! Please give them an ending.

Ken May 21, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I agree. I think that CW should at least put an ending to both Star Crossed and Tomorrow People. I’m tired of networks ending shows after you invested your time watching and leave you flat with no ending.

Anonymous May 26, 2014 at 7:21 am

I love star cross it was just building now I’m sad not knowing where the story line could go :0(

Anonymous June 2, 2014 at 11:47 am

same miss the tommorow people aswell

Janet May 20, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Star Crossed only getting better and better. Don’t see how you can have such a few episodes of something and give up on it so quick. It was the best of the new shows without a doubt!! This show was about more than just Sci-Fi, but about human beings. And how difficult it is for us to accept change. Loved this show soooooo much

Julie kennedy May 19, 2014 at 12:05 am

I am one of cw biggest fan! TV shows are my passion and I watch many (about 25 in total, not only cw) religiously! Star crossed was by far my favorite this season and the tomorrow people was a close 3rd no doubt after reign. I wish there was a way to change this but there’s not much of a point… it’s simply disappointing to fall in love with a story and characters and be beyond excited to see what else will come of them to have those hopes taken. Same with secret circle and terra nova a couple years back. Sometimes it’s bad timing but it’s still is a show so many record. It’s impossible to compete with other shows like the voice and nothing else would so why switch around so often?! I wish they could come back… so sad.. I’m out of words..

Heather Cormier May 16, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Soooo upset about star crossed and tomorrow people! I used to watch some of the other show like hart of Dixie but they got terrible. Now they are getting rid of the great new shows. Not happy!

Ken May 15, 2014 at 12:04 am

I’m done with the CW. I’ m tired of shows I like to be just dropped and no ending. Some of those shows didn’t even get a chance. Some of the longest running shows did not do very well on the first or second season but look at what happened to them. I don’t know why all of the major networks have to cram all the good shows in the same narrow time frame so you have to eliminate some very good shows. This time I lost Star Crossed and Tomorrow People.

erin May 15, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Stacey
Ken
breanna
Amanda
Cat

This is what Stacy included Fans are always upset but at the end of the day the show either catches with a large audience or it doesn’t. Fans can blame CW and whine all they want but the show either sinks or swims.

There was no space for TP on the timeslots on Monday’s and the episodes got bad raitings and they were forced to cancel a high rated show

SC TCD Got Bad Raitings because not enough people were watching it

HOD BATB were in danger in the fall line up because of two things less people watching and both of the shows weren’t working in the fall lineup timeslot

So please don’t say I would stop watching this channel…. I’m done with the CW I am upset too. but I got over it

Charity Sullivan June 26, 2014 at 10:31 pm

I totally agree with your assessment of The CW channel. I have decided to boycot the station this comming season. Tired of investing time is a series just to have it cancelled. Fans are not taken into account in any way and they are now taking us for graned. Star-Crossed and The Tomorrow People were also my favorite. Very disappointed with the networks.

breanna May 12, 2014 at 7:55 pm

I cannot believe they are canceling star crossed!!! I dont think a show should be judged off the first season!!! They should give it one more season to see if more people start watching!!! So unfair! I love star crossed!!!

Amanda May 12, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Why cancel star crossed and the tomorrow people they are great shows which my family and I watch together. This isn’t the first time the CW has cancelled some great shows early, if it was for vampire diaries, arrow, the originals, and the 100 I would stop watching this channel….

Cat May 12, 2014 at 1:37 pm

I can’t believe they are cancelling Star Crossed! It was an excellent show. I am soo pissed I don’t even want to watch the last show tonight because what is the damn point! I think what might have hurt the show is because of it airing on Monday at the same time as The Voice. I always have to choose which one to record and which one to watch because they come on at the same damn time…and I always choose to watch Star Crossed and record The Voice! Maybe change the time of some of these shows. And the list of shows that are coming to the CW look extremely stupid to me and I will not be watching them. Why cancel a perfectly good show just to replace it with a dumb ass one. I can see why the 100 is doing well…it is on a Wednesday and nothing else is on! Maybe change star crossed to Wednesday since the 100 doesn’t come on till 9.

Charity Sullivan June 26, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Changing times for shows would be to reasonable. Just to simple. have decided to boycott The CW this season. Just tired of networks taking advantage. Always in a rush for instant success. Very few shows to that and they are not will to take the time needed for the audience to find them. So sad.