The Cape & Human Target: Execs Sign with New Shows

The CapeIt’s never a good sign when some of the staff of a struggling show take on other jobs. That’s just what’s happened with some of the personnel from FOX’s Human Target and NBC’s The Cape.

According to Deadline, Human Target’s executive producer, Brad Kern, has been hired as the executive producer and showrunner of ABC’s dramatic pilot called Poe. The series follows the adventures of Edgar Allen Poe, a macabre writer and “the world’s first detective,” as he uses unconventional methods to solve dark mysteries in Boston during the 1840s. Kern also previously ran Charmed for The WB.

Meanwhile, The Cape’s showrunner, John Wirth, has been tapped as executive producer and showrunner for The CW’s drama pilot called Cooper & Stone. This project follows two young female detectives from Chicago’s North Side. They’re best friends who discuss fashion and pop-culture while solving homicides. Wirth was previously a co-showrunner on FOX’s Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Neither Human Target nor The Cape have been officially cancelled. However, The Cape’s episode order was recently cut and the show’s ratings continue to fall so its widely considered to be doomed.

Human Target’s future isn’t as clear. The show had a disappointing season, averaging a 1.7 in the 18-49 demographic and 6.4 million viewers. That’s down 24% in the demo when compared to last season’s average. On the positive side, the series’ ratings picked up in the last few weeks and endured several schedule changes so there’s still a small chance that it could return for season three. We’ll know by May.

What do you think? If you had to choose between Human Target and The Cape, which would you chose?

thomas March 20, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Human Target is an awesome show! I have watched and DVR’d every episode, it has to come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer G. March 19, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Would love to see a season three for Human Target!! I’m in the demographic you’re looking for and I started watching in season two. Please give it another shot.

Zorro March 19, 2011 at 5:40 pm

The Cape was well done and had a good strory line and human interest. I hope it will resurface and come back. I looked forward to it every week.

Fine tune it and bring it back.

Becky Neal March 19, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I love The Cape. It was one of the best family shows since KYLE XY.
It was a show I could watch with my kids. I think the problem was the shows it was up against. I hope you reconsider and bring it back along with an actual comic book series that would encourage kids to read.

Naomi Johnson March 16, 2011 at 7:40 am

Please bring Human Target back. I LOVED watching the show.

Naomi Johnson March 16, 2011 at 7:39 am

Please bring the show back. I LOVED watching the show.

Naomi Johnson March 16, 2011 at 7:37 am

I really enjoyed watching Human Target. It has the potential to be a big hit. I think the time slot and Wednesday night hurt the show. Perhaps show it at 9:00 central on Wednesday or try another night at 7:00 or 8:00 central. I would LOVE to see the show come back and please give it a fair chance.

DJ Jimi T March 15, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Human Target, Is WAY Better than the Cape. However I do agree season 1 was better, season 2 jumped the shark and has been kinda suckin latley. If they go back to the shows roots season 3 could be awesome.

Cathy F March 15, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Human Target is a great show was a good replacement for ’24’ PLEASE bring it back!! Give Chance another chance!!!

Larry White March 14, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Human Target is the best show to come on in years. Please, bring it back fopr another season.

Carol A March 14, 2011 at 3:13 pm

please bring back Human Target – a great show

Brooklyn March 14, 2011 at 10:25 am

Stay on target, stay on target, bring back Human Target!

Johnnie March 13, 2011 at 8:29 pm

There’s no doubt in my mind that Human Target must get a 3rd season!Mark Valley,Chi McBride & Jackie Earle Haley are second to none in their roles and there is so much more stories about Chance and his past that needs to be told.Bring back Human Target!

Jeffrey Harris March 13, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Human Target with a bullet. Human Target is the best show on television. Please bring it back for a third season! I need my Mark Valley, Jackie Earle Haley, and Chi McBride being awesome together fix.

Venil Baker March 13, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Human Target had to come back….it’s destine for greatness! please bring it back!

Anonymous March 17, 2011 at 3:26 am

I love human target but I would rather have the cape return. The execs at nbc making this decission are morons and don’t know a good show when they see it.