Cashmere Mafia and Miss Guided: ABC Cancels Two More

Miss Guided and Cashmere MafiaThe alphabet network has dropped two of its unsuccessful midseason replacement series, Miss Guided and Cashmere Mafia. Based on their ratings, neither comes as much of a surprise.

Miss Guided centers around Becky Freeley (Judy Greer) as she starts working as a guidance counselor at her old high school. The single-camera sitcom debuted in March and ran for seven episodes. The premiere attracted less than 10 million viewers and dropped week after week. The final episode attracted just 4.3 million, ranking fourth in its timeslot. Though the series seemed an obvious choice for cancellation, the sitcom was reportedly being considered for renewal up until earlier today.

Mafia comes from Darren Starr’s production company and was compared with Sex in the City, though usually not kindly. The series focuses on four successful women who support each other in their business careers and personal lives. Critical reaction to the show wasn’t enthusiastic. The premiere attracted a decent 10.7 million viewers but the second episode drew under 6.2 million. The ratings continued to drop and the finale attracted just 4.8 million.

Now that Mafia’s been canned, Lucy Liu is expected to move to Dirty Sexy Money. ABC already renewed Money for season two and it’s expected to return in September. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

SHANTEL February 22, 2009 at 12:34 am

I REALLY HATE IT WHEN THEY SET UP A SHOW AND RUN IT BASED ON “TRAIL” AND THEN CANCEL IT……….. IT WAS LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO EACH OF THEM DID zOEY GET A BETTER JOB? YOU KNOW IT REALLY LEAVES ALL OF US HANGING……………………………….

I HATE REALITY SHOWS I MEAN ONE OR TWO AT MOST FOR EACH SEASON STOP OVER DOING IT WITH ………… THREE ON EVERY CHANNEL YOU TURN ON……..

Rebecaa January 16, 2009 at 5:35 pm

I just can’t understand why this show 1/16/09
Cashmere Mafia was canceled I loved the show I couldn’t wait for it to come on the excitment , I loved they way they dressed and it was so classey. This show and Dirty Sexy Money were the best new shows on TV. We the viewers are sick of Cop shows Reality shows., Game shows Nanny’s shows . So what is it with you people , you did not even give his show a chance just when you fall in LOVE with a show you cancel it. Why don’t you listen to what the viewers like. We need shows like these shows they are exciting and watching these HOT shows just takes your mind off all the crap that is going on in this world.

Moon October 31, 2008 at 9:08 am

I like Canshmere Mafia very much. It is crazy to cancel it

Jillian October 3, 2008 at 5:41 pm

I loved Cashmere Mafia! They are totally crazy for cancelling it. Now I do not watch ABC at all!! Reality shows and ridiculous game shows are all they show….

Jane October 3, 2008 at 9:51 am

I can’t believe no one responded to Anton’s comment. Let’s “put it into perspective and ask yourself if you could really afford to run a network if you lost money on it every week.” No, no one could. But a good business plan would be to place new shows in the schedule where they have a chance to gather an audience. As you state yourself, “Miss Guided” went up against the Final Four and “Cashmiere Mafia” was up against Law and Order and CSI. Considering the followings those shows/sports have, they should be glad anyone tuned in at all. So, putting things into perspective, with scheduling geniuses like that at the helm, this new season should be interesting. No, wait, I forgot….THOSE were the only shows we tuned in to ABC for. What’s the point in watching anything new on a network that won’t give a show a fair chance? Just as you get invested in the characters, it’s gone, so it’s better to spare yourself the dissappointment, and not waste the time.

Cindy said, October 2, 2008 at 12:27 pm

I enjoyed watching Cashmere Mafia
It was fun watching high power women
show their capability’s as a power women.
I think there are too too many reality shows I think it was better than the shows they brought back this year.
ABC you might not Such but someone doesn’t know there business in your company

roxy October 1, 2008 at 8:07 am

abc does suck it believes in only running reality shows! not everyone wants to watch a reality show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

nke September 27, 2008 at 5:52 am

cashmere mafia is a great drama. i can’t believe it got cancelled. abc sucks. they always cancelled a great tv drama. and then later regret the decision.used to be My so called life and now cashmere mafia. please…..bring back CM..!!

Anonymous September 25, 2008 at 7:05 pm

Finish the season and bring back Cashmere Mafia. Many people enjoyed the show like me. I loved the dialogue and points these women made. Return a good show that has great writing and actresses.

Anonymous September 23, 2008 at 2:36 pm

ABC sucks! Why are they taking off the good shows and leaving the crap on? I hated ABC up until they put on good shows like cm n greys n Oct road! ABC needs to get their heads out of their butts n put the great shows back on!!!

JC September 20, 2008 at 10:36 pm

I CANNOT believe Cashmere Mafia is cancelled! That’s the only show I had looked forward to watching on ABC!!!

glen August 25, 2008 at 3:20 am

4.8 million is more people than we have in New Zealand but my wife and i looked forward to watching Cashmere Mafia every week and so did most of our friends!! We never really liked SATC and see no comparison except they are both based around successful women, although the hags on SATC werent really successful. It really sucks that a writers strike got in the way of this show. Its all about timing…

S August 24, 2008 at 4:05 pm

Cashmere mafia is better then lipstick jungle but they r both great>>> seems like someone doesnt like girl power!!!!

JENNIFER August 20, 2008 at 3:08 pm

Cashmere mafia was so much better than lipstick jungle.
I really am disappointed that ABC isn’t going to finnish out the season.
I can not believe that they are really keeping that stupid reallity show Big Brother it is a crime to make us whatch that and take are mafia away from us.

anonymous August 18, 2008 at 9:54 pm

I can’t belive Cahmere Mafia was cancelled! I loved that show! ABC SUCKS!