Cashmere Mafia and Miss Guided: ABC Cancels Two More

Miss Guided and Cashmere MafiaThe alphabet network has dropped two of its unsuccessful midseason replacement series, Miss Guided and Cashmere Mafia. Based on their ratings, neither comes as much of a surprise.

Miss Guided centers around Becky Freeley (Judy Greer) as she starts working as a guidance counselor at her old high school. The single-camera sitcom debuted in March and ran for seven episodes. The premiere attracted less than 10 million viewers and dropped week after week. The final episode attracted just 4.3 million, ranking fourth in its timeslot. Though the series seemed an obvious choice for cancellation, the sitcom was reportedly being considered for renewal up until earlier today.

Mafia comes from Darren Starr’s production company and was compared with Sex in the City, though usually not kindly. The series focuses on four successful women who support each other in their business careers and personal lives. Critical reaction to the show wasn’t enthusiastic. The premiere attracted a decent 10.7 million viewers but the second episode drew under 6.2 million. The ratings continued to drop and the finale attracted just 4.8 million.

Now that Mafia’s been canned, Lucy Liu is expected to move to Dirty Sexy Money. ABC already renewed Money for season two and it’s expected to return in September. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Jo March 15, 2010 at 7:45 pm

I just finished the first season of CM and was left wanting more! BRING IT BACK!

Jessica March 15, 2010 at 3:30 am

Seriously, every woman has said everything I wanted to! Advertising for this show was obviously non-existent because I had never heard of it. I found it on netflix and LOVE it! Please bring this back, it is the best show since SATC!

Lauren March 14, 2010 at 11:10 pm

I just discovered Cashmere Mafia via NetFlix and am so disappointed that there wasn’t a second season! What a great show! Please bring it back!!

debra March 11, 2010 at 3:08 am

Network television is in trouble because great shows are canceled!

Bring back intelligent and fun shows that intelligent and fun people would actually watch!!

sandy March 11, 2010 at 3:04 am

I am hugely disappointed that “Cashmere Mafia” was canceled! I didn’t know about it when it was aired on abc (advertising was obviously very poor). I just discovered the show on line, and have just watched all 7 episodes in one night. I am on the edge of my seat, wanting to know what happens next, but nothing is available! The show is so real. It deals with real issues facing modern, professional women. I am a New York woman in my early 30s. I can’t tell you how much I adore this show. I wish it would come back!!! I would pay money to see it!!!

LinhyLinh March 6, 2010 at 11:25 pm

I just finished the entire season of Cashmere Mafia and I LOVE IT. It was so intense watching women rise above and beyond like that. I def. agree with everyone else. We need more interesting shows like this. So the world can project how successful women tries to balance work life and family life. Theses days MEN still take all the credits. I was once a young analyst that worked very hard to get above and yet still men will eat you alive. I think this shows gives women, like me great motivation to do better and never let men those walk all over us.

paulette February 25, 2010 at 4:24 pm

I love Cashmere Mafia, Big Shots and Dirty Sexy Money. Everytime I get hooked on a show, you guys cancel it. Come on ABC, bring them back. I really enjoyed them. You guys cancel good shows to bring crazy, boring shows like the V and Flash Foward. Man now thats crazy.

Reyna February 23, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I LOVE CASHMERE MAFIA!! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! BRING IT BACK!! It was great!

Cameron January 5, 2010 at 11:45 pm

yes Cashmere Mafia was freakin awesome, it is a surprise that it did not last, the actresses are well known for the most part, and the city and fashion are fab!!! this is just plain ridiculous that this show was canned!! :(

Kris from Europe October 13, 2009 at 5:42 am

Hey! PLease, make more Cashmere Mafia!!! It´s really a fantastic show – we love it here in Europe! SATC was good, but CM is excellent!! We want mooooooooooreeeeeee!!! Great actors, great stories. Congratulations!

patty August 31, 2009 at 7:58 am

I love it !!!!! Why they didn’t produce season 2…. I watched it all day all nite .Now, I can remember all dialog absolutely. I miss you. Mia, hot chocolate “L” , Zoe ,Juliet.

Anonymous August 4, 2009 at 9:29 pm

I really, truly enjoyed watching Cashmere Mafia.
It was a change of pace to see women coming out on top.
And I came to love the four best friends – it’s just really refreshing.
It’s a pity they got cancelled.
I hope ABC renews it…. I wonder if there’s any chance of that happening.

Diana July 28, 2009 at 2:17 am

Please bring cashmere mafia back i loved this show! i really wanted to see what was going to happen next. i really dont understand why you guys bring tv shows anf then decided to drop them in like 1st second season! what about all the other viewers that really liked this show have you ever thought about that! that was the same with lipstick jungle!

Johnny April 21, 2009 at 10:21 pm

It’s too bad. Not many people sticking for “Miss Guided”. I LOVED the show. her flashback were so great. And I love Judy Greer. ah well…..

Bev April 3, 2009 at 9:41 pm

I loved Cashmere Mafia and Big Shots. You should bring them back again. Maybe if you advertised it the way you do other shows more people would know about it and watch them. The people who do know love it. Changing the time and days doesn’t help either. Please bring them back