Castle: ABC Show Renewed for Seventh Season

Castle and Beckett are staying on the case. ABC has renewed the Castle TV series for a seventh season.

The show’s current ratings are down slightly when compared to last year’s but it’s still the network’s most-watched scripted series. Season six is averaging a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.96 million total viewers.

On Castle, Rick (Nathan Fillion) and Kate’s (Stana Katic) relationship continues to evolve while they continue to solve crimes. The show also features the talents of Susan Sullivan, Molly Quinn, Jon Huertas, Tamala Jones, Seamus Dever, and Penny Johnson Jerald.

What do you think? Are you glad that Castle has been renewed once again? How long do you think this show should run?

Amanda LaRoche December 9, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Now the writers for Castle are making the story line more interesting and compelling they can’t put the show in the bubble for a year that is absurd. The network are nuts if they do

Charles smith December 8, 2014 at 12:01 am

I love the show, but I can’t stand that he keeps getting fatter each year and one each episode.

Michael L. McQuown November 18, 2014 at 2:53 pm

At least another season. I think the best way to kick up the ratings would be to get them out of NY and around the world. Loved the dude ranch episode. Beckett in the black gunfighter outfit was sizzling!

Earl Kemp November 23, 2014 at 10:57 am

Yes I agree. The stories are great but since the 1st episode Castle has been a love story between Rick and Kate with some comedy thrown in. Get them alone without the crew, they deserve their time together to heal the collective sad past that now needs to turn to happiness. Oh yes, glue her ring on her finger!! Of all the past 80 years, big screen and TV, this couple should be a real live “couple”.

Nancy Davis November 10, 2014 at 4:08 pm

I like the show, but would like to see more mystery and less personal lives of the characters. I don’t like gore and sex so much as I like mystery and detective work.

Earl Kemp October 23, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Don’t remove Castle or any other members. Where is Kate’s ring? It is missing from her finger 99.99% of the time, why? Carry on a necklace so she has it with her??? This is a love story, there needs to be more in the episodes. Kate can melt ice with her eyes and smile which can be seen sometimes on Castle’s face letting us to see. Yes I cry tears at times when Kate was shot, when Castle said he was done followed with more when Kate said; “all I could think about was you” along with many more. How about one with only Castle and Kate on a weekend getaway. I have lost the love of my life and this program brings me joy and sadness so I must say thank you, Earl

Jacqui Williams October 18, 2014 at 11:03 am

I am a huge fan of the series, i was left hanging, opened mouthed when Becket took a bullet at the captains funeral. When will we see it back on our screens???

dl October 1, 2014 at 11:46 am

I think they definitely need to keep things going but did they really have to just get you to the alter and play the amnesia thing. At least get them married. Could have had Rick kidnapped and have something to do with his dad. As long as they keep the storylines going and give us more leading to that future prediction of the happy ending I’ll still watch.

Earl Kemp October 23, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Maybe the writers have never been in love? In Still, Rick wouldn’t leave Kate’s side, in others he tries to protect her as would anyone who truly loves another more than themselves. Adam ate the fruit because Eve was going to die and he did not want to live

Charlie Batten September 30, 2014 at 5:22 am

What my wife and I would like to know, is when is series 7 going to be shown on British TV, and what channel. It is usually on Channel 5.

Dee November 12, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Hi, I am living in the UK and I am also a huge fan of Castle. I read that season 7 would be shown in January next year!

Gladys September 29, 2014 at 12:10 pm

I started watching the show is year, and I enjoy it very much. When is the show coming back.

Linda Gifford September 26, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes! You can’t finally get them (almost) to the altar, crash Rick’s car and not give us an ending! That would just be cruel! I write children’s books and find Castle to be a funny, grown-up murder mystery. I don’t want to watch overly serious shows that glorify disgusting, sexually explicit and gorey details of so called “special victims”. Besides the guy from the future said Kate is going to be a senator and have 4 kids. That leaves room for LOTS more seasons! But seriously… It’s well written, serious, but funny and the cast works so well together you forget they are acting. Now, wearing 4″ stilettos…a bit unrealistic for chasing down the bad guys. And it may be hard to aim and shoot with long hair in your face, eh? Ditch the heels, pull back the hair and keep the show! ♡