Castle: Renewed for Seasons Six and Seven?

Castle renewed?While lots of shows are being cancelled, things are looking extra good for the cast and crew of Castle. According to Deadline, ABC is considering renewing the show for two more years — through season seven.

The ratings for season five are down when compared to season four. Currently the show’s averaging a 2.0 in the 18-49 demo with 10.18 million viewers vs last season’s 2.3 rating and 10.71 million.

Still, Castle is the network’s most-watched drama and is fifth in the demo (behind Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Scandal, and Revenge). Unless there was some problem with contracts, it was a shoe-in to be renewed for season six.

ABC will present their new 2013-14 schedule to advertisers next Tuesday morning but we should know about cancellations and renewals before that.

What do you think? Should ABC renew Castle for two years or should they take it one season at a time? Is the show still worth watching?

Canceled and renewed TV show

46 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

so many shows die when there are still die hard fans, Let’s keep this one going. It’s amazing, I have watched from the beginning and am still excited to see it every time it’s on. KEEP CASTLE ON!

2. Kailee says

I am a huge fan of Castle! My sister and I stumbled across an episode 2 years ago and we were hooked. I would love if it continued onto a 7th sesason. It can’t end the way it did. Please bring it back!

3. Richard Wood says

I began watching this show in California and really enjoyed it. I have now brought the box set 1 – 6 . You must continue with this excellent programme, even if it’s just to Kate And Rick get married Hopefully, you will see the benefits if you extend the series.
    Sincerely
    Richard Wood
    U K

4. JEAN SISSON says

ENJOY THE CASTLE SHOW. ALWAYS GOOD STORY AND LOTS OF GOOD
    ACTORS HELPING THE STORY ALONG. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL!!

5. jeannine blackburn says

I love this show but it can’t end like it did before the wedding. I am watching TVOs. Please bring back for the next season.

6. Dan Garland says

I did not start watching Castle until season 2 From that point on I have watched every sh ow and have bought all seasons I am a truck driver and work second and third shift so I have to watch it on demand never have I become attached to any show but I love this show please renew for more then just two seasons . This show is very well written very entertaining. In a flurry of tv shows that come and go this one should last forever. always a diehard fan

7. stephanie wagnler says

castle is the best how ever. I hope the bring it back for the 7 season. I have the other seaons on dvd and never get tierd of watching them.

huge castle fan

8. says

I have watched Castle since the beginning. I’ve been waiting for the next season for the next season to see Kate and Rick get married. I consider this series to be one of the finest that ABC has ever produced. There is not one character in the series that I can honestly say I don’t like. I loved Captain Montgomery and must admit that it’s taking more patience with Captain Gates. Wishing here that she would just lighten up a bit by showing a more likability. CANCELLING THIS SERIES WOULD BE A MISTAKE! IT’S ONE OF THE BEST ON TV!

I love the relationship between Castle and Alexis as well as with Castle and his mother, Martha. I admit it, I love the entire cast! PLEASE DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW!

9. says

Castle is by far the best show I have seen in awhile I watch the reruns on TNT everyday as well as the new ones on abc and if I miss them I record them to watch them later. The relationship with detective Beckett and castle is extremely funny and always leaves you wanting more and wondering were the road will take them.

10. Stormet Alisheia Sampson says

Yes PLEASE keep renewing Castle & PLEASE KEEP GOING BEYOND SEASON 7!!! This show is AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT & NEVER EVER miss an episode! I have loved Nathan Fillion since he played Joey Buchanon on One Life to Live. I had such a crush on him & after they recasted his character I was DEVASTED! Now I look forward to seeing him with Kate FINALLY, every week! This show has alot of great characters & storylines. I just got a few friends to start watching & they love it soooo much they went out & bought all previous seasons. The only thing that angered me was killing off Captain Montgomery’s character, but I’m warning up to Iron Gates. & I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lannie & Javier together PLEASE keep them together! Please this is like 1 of the last GOOD shows STILL ON TV, besides FX’s SOA, I can’t take anymore reality tv shows. I grew up in the 80’s so I miss real sitcoms & tv dramas & soooo sick of reality tv, so PLEASE PLEASE keep up the AWESOME writing & PLEASE DON’T EVER EVER cancel this show, not all good things have to come to an end! Look how long Law & Order SVU is still going strong, I love that show too, but Castle is WAAAAAAY better, so if they can do it Castle can too!

11. jason says

I definanlty think it should be renewed. I have just recently started watching and now not only can’t wait to see more new episodes but also want to watch it from the begining.