Castle: Renewed for Seasons Six and Seven?

Castle renewed?While lots of shows are being cancelled, things are looking extra good for the cast and crew of Castle. According to Deadline, ABC is considering renewing the show for two more years — through season seven.

The ratings for season five are down when compared to season four. Currently the show’s averaging a 2.0 in the 18-49 demo with 10.18 million viewers vs last season’s 2.3 rating and 10.71 million.

Still, Castle is the network’s most-watched drama and is fifth in the demo (behind Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Scandal, and Revenge). Unless there was some problem with contracts, it was a shoe-in to be renewed for season six.

ABC will present their new 2013-14 schedule to advertisers next Tuesday morning but we should know about cancellations and renewals before that.

What do you think? Should ABC renew Castle for two years or should they take it one season at a time? Is the show still worth watching?

CCRIDER September 9, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Re-New!!! I watch this show everyday. I have lots of episodes recorded. Looking forward to the new seasons.

Doreen July 18, 2013 at 7:08 pm

RE NEW-The cast are all great together. Castle is funny and is great with Kate. Renew watch this show and bones everyday.These shows are great.

Bob July 4, 2013 at 4:21 am

of course renew it. one of the best shows on tv.

Barbara June 25, 2013 at 9:58 pm

We want to “ditto” these comments. It is one of the most entertaining and enjoyable shows that we have seen in a long time. We look forward to each episode, so thank you ABC for renewing it and we hope that it is here many more seasons to come.

Vivian Vernon June 20, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Castle is one of the best shows on TV. I watch the reruns up to twice. I can’t wait until the program airs in the afternoon. The only other program I think is just as good as Castle in NCIS, which I have watched from the very first show. I am into the reruns on NCIS as well. The only problem is NCIS airs on Cable (Chanel 45) and Castle reruns air on Cable (Chanel 46) at the same time. I have to keep switching back and forth to watch both of them.

Barbara June 25, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Vivian, get DVR and record your shows. That way you will not have to miss either one.

kate June 10, 2013 at 9:52 pm

This is great

Carl May 27, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Yes please have watched every episode as it is the best show on TV

Carol May 23, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Love this show look forward to watching every Monday and. Recording to watch later if I can’t on Mondays. Renew for next 5 -10 years

Pat Buxton May 14, 2013 at 10:34 am

I truly enjoy the show and would hope that it would run for another 4 or 5 years at least. The chemestry between all the charactors can be related to close friends or family. Not everyone agrees all the time but that is where the individual personalities come into focus. In the end though, they are always there for one another. GREAT SHOW!

Rubina May 13, 2013 at 11:37 pm

I just love this show so much that I watch the same episode when shown in the later hours again.I wish this show is renewed for next 3-4 yrs.ABC Network is doing an excellent job,writers are great and the whole team of Artists is super great.Congratualations on the
Renewal and keep up the good work and Thanks so much for providing us with such a superb Entertainment.

Joda Solomon May 13, 2013 at 11:28 am

I am just not happy that Kate sometimes doesn’t seem strong enuf (letting herself be pushed into a closet), hesitating before admitting that she and Castle are in a relationship, and Castle’s complete nerdiness without any redeeming counter actions showing his softer, sentimental side. And how do you solve the problem that Kate is 32 and may want children and Castle has a daughter in college? Not a lot of difference in goals in life at age 22-32 but maybe too many lat 32-42. I love all the supporting cast!!

Donna May 12, 2013 at 8:48 am

Renew, renew, renew! There are lots of stories left for Castle! Would be lost without this show!

Anonymous May 11, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I love this show and hope it is on for even more than 2 more seasons. Thank you ABC!!

MYRNA FINK May 11, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I LOVE THE SHOW CASTLE– I THINK THE CHARACTERS ARE ALL GREAT!
I AM VERY HAPPY IT IS BEING RENEWED.

RTCOMC May 10, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Absolutely! A very engaging and well-written show with lots of good “connections” between great characters.