Castle: Season Six Ratings

Castle TV show ratingsThe ratings for Castle have been coming down over the last couple seasons. Will they keep falling? Could the show end up being cancelled or is it almost sure to be renewed because of syndication profits? Stay tuned!

On Castle, Rick (Nathan Fillion) and Kate’s (Stana Katic) relationship continues to evolve while they continue to solve crimes. The show also features the talents of Susan Sullivan, Molly Quinn, Jon Huertas, Tamala Jones, Seamus Dever, and Penny Johnson Jerald.

5/8 update: Castle has been renewed for a seventh season.

5/13 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings in context.

For comparisons: The fifth season of Castle averaged a 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.18 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Castle TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a seventh season?

Livus48 January 8, 2014 at 10:49 am

Do not cancle Castle…Please ?I so agree with Wayne.
Finally we have a show where humor,fun and serious things are combined,just like in real life,so please renew Castle.

wayne January 7, 2014 at 1:25 pm

KEEP!!!!! It’s the best detective show on TV. I love that it doesn’t take itself seriously.
It is fun to watch and the characters complement each other better than most other shows.
It’s really the only reason I watch ABC at all.

Patricia A. Thompson January 4, 2014 at 5:17 am

I am glad that Castle will be renewed. Best TV show along w/NCIS. Looking forward to Season 7. I watch reruns and recorded episodes frequently. Thank you, ABC, for renewing Castle.

Michael Kerwin December 20, 2013 at 4:53 pm

There are very few series that have a shelf life of more than 5 seasons. The kneeling at the swing left this series in a quandary with the start of Season 6 around the corner. There really isn’t anywhere else to take these folks. Forget Washington, DC. No new characters, no turns and plot twists , so what is there to do wit this wonderful couple, and show, except to point them to the curb, and retrieve their parting gifts..

If is only about Money and syndication then fine…….I’ll find better things to do.

ted December 13, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Do not cancel. The show needs a wedding ending!!!!

Edgar Gencsi December 4, 2013 at 12:16 pm

ABC is forced to RENEW IT. Just think on all the earned awards. Best couple ever on TV. Here in Portugal Monday evenings grew darker without Kate and Rick.

MC December 4, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I don’t think Castle will be cancelled anytime soon. I guess the last episode before Thanksgiving was the last for Season 6. However, I will watch reruns anytime I can. I was disappointed this week when I stayed up on Monday night just to get my Castle fix, and the American Country Music Awards were on instead! Since I was still wide awake, I found a few sites online whereas you can watch full episodes (still with a few commercial breaks), but worth it. I guess they are in the midst of making Season 7, so no more new episodes for a while. But if you’re a Castle junkie, like me, the online episodes will have do for now, even if you have seen them before. Beats anything else on TV. It’s funny and entertaining and I love the cast. Has nothing on Bones, those two have zero chemistry whatsoever! :)

Big Castle Lover December 27, 2013 at 1:15 am

I totally agree with you MC. I even set my dvr to record all Castle shows on all the channels that it’s on. I could watch it 24/7. I hope it doesn’t go off anytime soon.

m. Wooden November 30, 2013 at 1:25 pm

My two favorite shows are NCIS and Castle. Castle has spoiled his daughter and it is time to boot the boy friend. Let him buy his own razor. Cut off the daughter’s money and let her get a job.

Maria November 4, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Yep, get rid of that free-loading boyfriend. The Alexis character was shown to be way too spoiled…Castle character needs to grow a pair and cut her off.

Joe Murray November 4, 2013 at 11:11 am

Of course renew it, best couple on TV. Most TV is BAD, designed for reality junkies who don’t have a life.

Maria November 4, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Of course…DO NOT CANCEL! Great show and getting better!

Big Castle Lover December 27, 2013 at 1:19 am

I agree. They keep coming out with more and more “Reality” television shows that are so far from reality it isn’t even funny. For those of us with a life and a brain, how about leaving something that is entertaining on television.

Maria October 19, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Regarding my last comment about little Alexis being a hidden serial killer….if ABC decides to cancel at the end of season 7….would be a ratings blow out for the show! Heck, I should pitch this idea to ABC! End with Alexis holding a bloody knife, with a smile on her face!

Maria October 19, 2013 at 1:39 pm

My favorite show…even in syndication! Did not like the episodes with Beckett joining the FBI…BORING…Not to mention, those episodes blocked out the other shining stars, who really make the show worth watching. Now that the Beckett character has been reinstated to the NYPD, it will be fun to watch again….I hope. Would definitely take the chance (if I were ABC) on a 7th season. Maybe just do a little house cleaning in the writing department. Maybe little miss goodie two shoes (Alexis) turns from good girl to serial killer, b/c she always had it in her and her goodie-goodie routine was just an act all along! Now, that would be very interesting viewing!

Who_Knows October 3, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Of course to renew it! In the UK we just got hooked up on the show :D Really hope the Castle will have many more seasons to come!:)

Heather Panko October 1, 2013 at 8:47 pm

No other option….RENEW IT for a 7th season :) there are so many layers to the characters I would love nothing more than to watch them evolve and watch Castle and Becketts relationship evolve too :)

Patrick Murphy September 25, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Are you kidding? Of course: renew it. Also, I dispute the notion that ratings are decreasing. It seems that last year (2012-2013) was the most-watched year.

Sammy Carson September 24, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I enjoy this show and hope they do not cancel it. Except for a few episodes like last night; that took a turn I didn’t expect; and when Alexis was kidnapped, most of the time I find it relaxing and entertaining. If I need some stress there are other programs I can watch. I like the relationship between Castle and Kate. I love Grams and Alexis, though I hope she looses the free loading boy friend. This group and Kate’s (old team) work well together. Hope the rating come up and Castle stays on the air.