Castle: Season Six Ratings

Castle TV show ratingsThe ratings for Castle have been coming down over the last couple seasons. Will they keep falling? Could the show end up being cancelled or is it almost sure to be renewed because of syndication profits? Stay tuned!

On Castle, Rick (Nathan Fillion) and Kate’s (Stana Katic) relationship continues to evolve while they continue to solve crimes. The show also features the talents of Susan Sullivan, Molly Quinn, Jon Huertas, Tamala Jones, Seamus Dever, and Penny Johnson Jerald.

5/8 update: Castle has been renewed for a seventh season.

5/13 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings in context.

For comparisons: The fifth season of Castle averaged a 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.18 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Castle TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a seventh season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

184 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Nat says

PLEASE RENEW CASTLE . . . I have been addicted since season 2 and watch all of the reruns on TNT – EVERY DAY!!!
    The show is amazing and the chemistry between Kate & Rick just makes my week complete! I have ready every book from every season, ordered coffee mugs, clothing and other souvenirs from ABC along with EVERY season!
    I would love to see more about the “Old Haunt” that Castle bought and see more of Kate & Castle in the Hamptons . . . his little mansion on the beach.
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE listen to your viewers that voted this the best People’s Choice along with Stana and I was shocked that Nathan wasn’t a nominee this year!
    Thanks for considering my request!!!!!!!!!!

• Livus48 says

Hi Nat,you know you have a very good point,the people gave the series 2 PCA prices,and there is a reason for that. it would be more than strange if ABC chose not to renew Castle after that massive profe that this is a great show..So we will X our fingers and keep watching this amazing show :-)

• CARO LEE J. JACKSON says

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE RENEW THE TV SHOW CASTLE. WE DO NOT HAVE A LOT OF GOOD TV SHOWS. WE NEED CASTLE. THANK YOU CARO LEE J. JACKSON.

2. says

PLEASE DONT TAKE CASTLE OFF THE AIR!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW AND SO DO MANY OTHERS!! THIS IS ONE OF THE VERY FEW SHOWS I GET EXCITED OVER BECAUSE ITS THE ONLY SHOW THAT CAN CHANGE MY MOOD DONT SCREW IT UP BY TAKING IT OFF ABC!!!!! :)

3. Karla Cavallo says

Castle is a great show and besides bones is the only show I watch. Interesting characters and story. Please keep the show on!!

4. Louise Herwig says

please do not cancel this show. I know you do demo graphics in 18-49, I am a bit older and I love this show. the chemistry between the actors is great.
    thanks

• Livus48 says

Hi Louise,I agere with what you said,for us that are a bit older, shock also be heard.
      I love the show to,and I so wish the show would be renewed.a
      I will cross my fingers,hope you will to. :-)

• Livus48 says

Louise , The speller lives a live of it own…”what I was trying to say,was:I would hope we also would be heard.” :-(

• Reuby says

I’m in an older demographic; but truly enjpy Castle. Our taste should be considered since we spend too. Please don’t cancel Castle.

5. says

Excellent writing. The writers have created a set of characters that keep me waiting. If the show is cancelled, and I hope not, the marriage of Castle and Beckett needs to be aired. I am in the older bracket and do not watch any shows live. I stream Castle and all the shows I watch through Amazon. I dislike watching 18 minutes of commercials on any show.

Streaming lets the watcher catch all the moments that most miss watching it live. There is much humor that flashes by and once you see it again, so much is revealed.

6. says

I have watched castle for six seasons. It is a show that appeals to all ages. I AM NOT THE AGE OF 18_49 but feel ratings should check other ages . GReat show. ABC needs to promote it more. Let’s see more appearances on talk shows of the actors. WHEN I HAD A CASTLE BUMPER STICKER ON MY CAR SEVERAL PERSONS CAME UP TO ME AND THEY SAID THEY LOVED THE SHOW AND ONE PERSON EVEN TOOK A PICTURE OF IT. PROMOTE THE SHOW AND AND KEEP IT GOING !!!!!

7. Cindy says

Castle is the ONLY show that I currently watch on ABC. It’s a fantastic show and if you cancel it, you would be hard pressed to find it’s equal.

8. Livus48 says

Let me just say KEEP CASTLE ON
    The reason being.The stories are grate,the actors are grate.They manage to keep it light
    even if the stories are serious.Somehow I don’t think people would have woted
    Them the best crime show during PCA.Not to speak about Stana Katic
    who got a well deserved PCA herself. Think of all the good stores there is
    Of course it should be re-newed ..