Castle

CastleNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: March 9, 2009 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Molly C. Quinn, Nathan Fillion, Susan Sullivan, Stana Katic, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Tamala Jones, Jon Huertas, and Seamus Dever.

current TV show

TV show description:
Richard Castle (Nathan Fillion) is an incredibly famous mystery novelist who has become bored with his own success. His life starts to get interesting when he learns that a real-world copycat killer has started staging murder scenes based on his novels.

Rick is soon questioned by NYPD Detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic), a very bright and aggressive detective who keeps her investigations under a tight rein. Their styles instantly clash yet sparks begin to fly, leading both to danger and a hint of romance as Rick steps in to help Kate find the killer. Once that case is solved, the author decides to use her as the basis for a new book series.

Rick uses his connections to get permission to accompany Kate while she investigates other cases, much to her frequent irritation. But Kate has a reputation for looking for “freaky” cases so she needs all the help she can get.

Others on her team include Kate’s confidant, Medical Examiner Lanie Parish (Tamala Jones); sardonic Detective Javier Esposito (Jon Huertas); and Detective Kevin Ryan (Seamus Dever), a nice guy who’s always ready to offer obscure facts. Captain Roy Montgomery (Ruben Santiago-Hudson) is their boss who makes sure that Kate’s cases go smoothly, in spite of all of the strong personalities involved.

Rick’s mother is Martha Rodgers (Susan Sullivan), a diva and former Broadway actress, who still seeks the spotlight and often ends up getting involved with the police cases. Alexis (Molly Quinn) is Rick’s quick-witted and insightful teenage daughter who keeps her famous dad in line.

Rick and Kate build upon their new relationship as they look to solve strange homicides in New York — as much fun as one can have with death & murder.

Katherine Potter March 8, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I love Castle, every character is perfect! I first caught it on TNT I try not to watch the big three stations–but when I found it on ABC I had to watch!!

Lynette Gardner March 8, 2013 at 8:36 am

There are so few TV programs worth watching these days and it’s almost impossible to find talent and grace or style in any of them. Castle fills the bill on all counts, and has continued to entertain and impress their audience with every episode. Leave it to network politics to frown upon any show that isn’t filled with idiocy, filth and mindless gore. When characters or actors move on to bigger and better things, it’s understandable, but to have a quality product with quality people such as Castle removed, it makes me wonder if any of those “decision making” people have a clue. Looking forward to new episodes.
Lynette

Wanda Sakalla March 5, 2013 at 4:17 am

I truly love this show, I can’t wait for the next show. The people on the show all seem to make a great show every week. I will be very sad if they cancel it. Come on now don’t do that. I am so happy now that they are an item. I will never meet them but I love them. It is to good to cancel.

M.K. March 1, 2013 at 10:24 am

Love “Castle”. Found it last year and have caught up, I think. Amidst all the seriousness, there are those funny quips and expressions. Great writers. Forget ‘Bones’, it never measures up to “Castle”. All the actors in this show have great harmony. I just can’t decide about “Sir” . Her antagonism against Castle does give one to dislike though. Not many young people have the maturity that Alexis has, and viewers have to remember that. Leave Martha alone; she is humorous and lends much. Thru progression of episodes, she has become more insightful and gives nuggets of wisdom to her son. This season should be interesting, less frustrating since the 2 mains are openly together now.

Isy March 1, 2013 at 9:50 am

I went to a super bowl party and every single person was ahuge fan of Castle PLEASE DON’T CANCEL CASTLE!!!!!! The cast is incredable, especially Nathan Fillion, and Stana Katic!!!!!!! LOVE, LOVELOVE THIS SHOW :D

Bill Zarkos February 27, 2013 at 2:51 am

Just discovered Castle (in syndication on TNT evenings = COX Cable 34 in San Diego).
Was very impressed – Tuesday Feb 26 watched three episodes in a row – enjoyed every minute; great writing/dialog, very attention holding. Will now try to find if show is still being aired on Mondays And oh yes – No Car chases, wild shootouts etc. etc.
Bill Z

RAINEY72 February 23, 2013 at 1:23 am

Please don’t pull the plug on one of the best shows on tv! I can hardly wait for monday night at 10pm every week, and when it is not on it wrecks my whole day. It has been my favorite show since the very first show. I was hooked! Thanks for keeping this show going’

caribbeanirish February 16, 2013 at 10:49 am

Kate Bones!!! Brennan & Booth has no chemistry and they are not compatible. The baby making episode, how it that happen – immaculate conception. Please compare like things. Castle is great and the show will be renewed cause many of the new shows ABC premiered this year have been cancelled. Castle is competing with Monday night football from September to December and they are still bringing in 8-9milion viewers – job well done.

Wayne January 25, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Luv Castle, Luv Stana Katic. Luv the romantic tension between the two. Wish the writers would give them a little more touchy feely time together. Great show and luv the banter within the team. Keep it going guys!!

mercia January 24, 2013 at 11:26 am

Keep Castle for another season

Samantha January 17, 2013 at 12:01 am

The characters and their relationships in this show are so believable and that’s just one of many things that make this show great. Not only is the writing always great, but the casting director deserves an award for picking this cast for sure!!!!

Kimberly January 16, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Castle is so amazing. I love this show so much!!!! And I have to say, to Kate that posted about Bones, I’m…baffled. That show is so dumb lol Castle is a millionnnnnn times better. Seriously.

blipette January 15, 2013 at 8:29 pm

I loooovvveee this show, but I so wish you would tone down the ‘actess’ grandma’s LA behavior, let her do a little more graceful aging, and pls, pls, quit reflecting that the teenager is totally able to make all her own decisions. Dont know if you know it but kids learn the bulk of our culture from TV and your just helping them with the challenges of teen time, which is to be in control of their lives, which IN FACT, THEY ARE NOT READY YET. How about making a real contribution to our culture and reflect how parents can get kids to obey the wishes of parent. I am a past foster mom to troubled teens and the major problem repeatedly, has been parents lack of ‘adultness’ and learning techniques for dealing with challengin times.

Beckstle January 10, 2013 at 2:57 am

Such a great show! Continuity and actual character growth and development that is realistic instead of the usual plot-driven character changes. Serious drama & serious comedy. The entire show just ha in such integrity. It’s even shot on film – so the visuals are movie worthy. Castle is a true gem!

Kate January 8, 2013 at 8:44 am