Castle

CastleNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: March 9, 2009 – present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Molly C. Quinn, Nathan Fillion, Susan Sullivan, Stana Katic, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Tamala Jones, Jon Huertas, and Seamus Dever.

current TV show

TV show description:
Richard Castle (Nathan Fillion) is an incredibly famous mystery novelist who has become bored with his own success. His life starts to get interesting when he learns that a real-world copycat killer has started staging murder scenes based on his novels.

Rick is soon questioned by NYPD Detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic), a very bright and aggressive detective who keeps her investigations under a tight rein. Their styles instantly clash yet sparks begin to fly, leading both to danger and a hint of romance as Rick steps in to help Kate find the killer. Once that case is solved, the author decides to use her as the basis for a new book series.

Rick uses his connections to get permission to accompany Kate while she investigates other cases, much to her frequent irritation. But Kate has a reputation for looking for “freaky” cases so she needs all the help she can get.

Others on her team include Kate’s confidant, Medical Examiner Lanie Parish (Tamala Jones); sardonic Detective Javier Esposito (Jon Huertas); and Detective Kevin Ryan (Seamus Dever), a nice guy who’s always ready to offer obscure facts. Captain Roy Montgomery (Ruben Santiago-Hudson) is their boss who makes sure that Kate’s cases go smoothly, in spite of all of the strong personalities involved.

Rick’s mother is Martha Rodgers (Susan Sullivan), a diva and former Broadway actress, who still seeks the spotlight and often ends up getting involved with the police cases. Alexis (Molly Quinn) is Rick’s quick-witted and insightful teenage daughter who keeps her famous dad in line.

Rick and Kate build upon their new relationship as they look to solve strange homicides in New York — as much fun as one can have with death & murder.

Edy May 21, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Castle is a great show. Good actors, stories and dialogue. Much better than some of the other trash on TV. It seems the networks are bound and determined to cater to the younger crowd anything that appeals to us older folk, gets canned. Castle is actually the only show I watch on ABC and now it looks like it’s gone. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

cleve May 13, 2012 at 9:57 am

leave castle alone get rid of some of the other trash

Anonymous May 8, 2012 at 9:46 pm

This is the most stupid cancellation of a show that ABC has every done!!!! Keep all the trash on TV and cancel an excellent show with a good cast.

Barb May 8, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Only decent show on. I hate all the shows for the gen-x folks. Reality shows, PLEASE. Keep something on that is worthwhile to watch. Castle is a great show and I look forward to it every Monday night. Makes Mondays okay.

Cheryl April 30, 2012 at 9:34 pm

My husband and I love Castle and can’t wait to watch it every week. PLEASE!!!!!!Don’t canceal it. If you have to move it move it to Wednesday nights there isn’t anything good on any channels that night. Your crazy if you do canceal it. Think about the older people that watch TV too. You have enough dumb ones for the younger people.

Roseanne April 30, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Castle is one of the best shows on TV for a long time. I have been watching it since the beginning and look forward to Monday night for another great episode. The relationship between Castle and Beckett is just so much fun to watch. All the actors are just great. Hope the show lasts for a long time. I am a great fan.

R. Scheffler April 25, 2012 at 4:30 pm

DO NOT CANCEL CASTLE – THE BEST SHOW ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND WHY DOES THIS SHOW SEEM TO GET BUMPED PERIODICALLY? EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING, SINCE I LOOK FORWARD TO RELAXING WITH IT AT THE END OF THE DAY ON MONDAYS. PLEASE, A STEADY DIET OF CASTLE FOR THE FUTURE.

Ron Blakely April 21, 2012 at 7:29 pm

The show Castle is very well written, directed and produced. The show is unique and a gift to creative thinkers. ABC NBC and CBS are always looking for talent and sometimes they cannot see the forest for the trees and seem to go along with the crowd. I hope NBC or CBS offer to pick up the show Castle. The writers are talented and all the actors are terrific. The thene of the show is thoughful and directed with care. What can I say about the acting of Beckett and Castle accept to say their acting comes from within. The way they communicate with their eyes makes their performance believable and true and special. WHICH NETWORK IS GOING TO BE UNIQUE AND HAVE COURAGE TO BE DIFFERENT.

Janet April 21, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Please DON’T cancel Castle. It is one of the best shows on TV. I have watched it from the start and hope it can continue for a long time to come!!!!!

Richard April 17, 2012 at 10:40 am

The writer for last nights episode (Sacramento, CA Channel 10 4/16/12) should be fired and all involved with bringing it to show should be severely reprimanded. If this were my first viewing of Castle I would never watch it again. In the past I have highly recommended the show . At least for a while, I will now be very graded about what I say.

Wolfgang Geiger May 10, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Richard , my friend, I really don’t know what you are talking about. The show was witty. After all, it’s a comedy/drama series and it hits the nail right on the had each and every week.

Jackiedd April 14, 2012 at 4:45 am

So that is it then. Over and out for Castle. I wish someone would explain to me why a popular show is canned but nonentities get so much air time. I suppose those shows are cheap to produce – only need a small allowance for clothing and the ‘scripts’ are very simple…………Hope we see the actors from Castle is other prgrammes soon.

admin April 14, 2012 at 5:14 am

Jackiedd » Who said that it was cancelled?

Jackiedd March 21, 2012 at 5:25 am

I hope Castle is not canned. Finally a series that is entertaining without the need of ‘bad’ language to try and ‘spice’ it up. Even Alexis is not irritating – that is unusual for teenagers in TV Shows. All the main actors get great lines which are either serious or funny. Still the Networks work in a way that is a mystery to us mere mortals!! I still cannot believe that they never finished Las Vegas and also cancelled Shark. We get the same problem in the UK, even popular shows are cancelled for no reason except so called reality. I hope someone will kept the website updated with a final status on Castle and I will be keeping my fingers crossed that it continues.

PS Does anyone know why the last series of Law & Order – Criminal Intent, was only for 10 episodes?

admin March 21, 2012 at 5:40 am

Jackiedd » To give the show a final season.

brooklyn schmitz March 4, 2012 at 9:46 pm

i watch this show and i lllooovvveee ittt sooo much. castle and beckett like eachother

Diana February 14, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Love the show. Please don’t cancel

Korey March 7, 2012 at 2:27 pm

This Is My Favorite Show!!!!!!!!!!! CASTLE IS THE BEST SHOW EVER PLEASE!!!!!!!!! ABC Don’t cancel Castle I will be very upset if you do. I don’t think they will because this Season Is The Best Castle Season Yet!!!!!!!!!! Please Renew CASTLE To Season 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S DeBose February 14, 2012 at 8:34 am

I really like the Castle series, BUT, the white noise background is driving me up a wall!
It is so obtrusive that it is difficult to understand the dialogue. What is up with that?

Kat February 14, 2012 at 9:51 am

It might be a local issue with your cable service provider (if you have cable), might want to try calling them. I have DirecTV and haven’t noticed a white noise problem… in the meantime, I’d suggest putting on closed captions so you can read the dialogue.