First Look at the CBS 2010-11 Fall Schedule

Big Bang Theory movingThough CBS consistently has the largest audience of the networks, their programming typically skews a little older than they’d like. The shows with the best ratings in the 18-49 demographic tend to bring the best ad rates. It’s for this reason that CBS dumped a number of shows this time around.

The network programmers are also shaking some things up on the schedule. They’ve abandoned the Wednesday night comedy block and are establishing one on Thursday nights. NBC has long had success with sitcoms on that night but the current crop aren’t widespread hits. Knowing that there’s an audience for comedy on Thursdays, CBS is moving The Big Bang Theory and pairing it with the new William Shatner comedy, $#*! My Dad Says. That’s based on a Twitter feed and is spoken as “Bleep My Dad Says.”

Back on on Monday nights, the new Chuck Lorre sitcom, Mike & Molly, is stepping into the post-Two and a Half Men slot. The remake of Hawaii Five-0 follows with the weakened CSI: Miami moving to Sunday nights in the old Cold Case slot. It’ll be interesting to see if that series can handle the football overruns better than other shows have.

On Friday night, Medium has been moved up to 8pm and will precede CSI:NY and a new drama, Blue Bloods. A longtime staple of Thursdays, Survivor has been shifted to Wednesdays. The series is still pretty strong so obviously the network thinks it can withstand a schedule change after so many years.

The still-unnamed Criminal Minds spin-off is planned to debut mid-season.

Is your favorite missing from the new fall schedule? Check out our CBS cancellation & renewal page to see if it’s been cancelled.

What do you think of the new line-up? Do you like any of the schedule moves? Do they fit better or worse with your viewing of shows on other networks?

Sunday
7:00pm — 60 Minutes
8:00pm — The Amazing Race
9:00pm — Undercover Boss
10:00pm — CSI: Miami

Monday
8:00pm — How I Met Your Mother
8:30pm — Rules Of Engagement
9:00pm — Two and a Half Men
9:30pm — Mike & Molly (sitcom)
10:00pm — Hawaii Five-0 (drama)

Tuesday
8:00pm — NCIS
9:00pm — NCIS: Los Angeles
10:00pm — The Good Wife

Wednesday
8:00pm — Survivor
9:00pm — Criminal Minds
10:00pm — The Defenders (drama)

Thursday
8:00pm — The Big Bang Theory
8:30pm — $#*! My Dad Says (sitcom)
9:00pm — CSI: Crime Scene Investigations
10:00pm — The Mentalist

Friday
8:00pm — Medium
9:00pm — CSI: NY
10:00pm — Blue Bloods (drama)

Saturday
8:00pm — Crimetime Saturday (repeats)
9:00pm — Crimetime Saturday (repeats)
10:00pm — 48 Hours Mystery

sarsi December 20, 2010 at 9:49 pm

The only thing I watch on here now is Criminal Minds, CSI’s, and Medium. I just read that you are cancelling CSI-New York and Medium. This station has cancelled everything good. You suck. The reason you loose ratings on a series is because you play it sporadically and we can not keep up with when they are on and when they are not. We turn on the tv to see our usual show but it is not playing this week, and next week, and they next time it is on you play a re-run. Your station is unpredictable and does not seem to care about what viewers want to view. It is really difficult to keep viewer ratings high when favorite shows are not on when they are suppose to be or re-runs are being played when a new season has recently began! Get with it and Keep Up! It is not the viewers that is to blame for shows being canceled, it is the poor, ill managed, unprofessional management of the station. You have a target market to hit and keep happy do that and ratings will stay up. Quit canceling good quality tv programs!

GhostWhisperer#1Fan October 15, 2010 at 8:48 pm

the big bang theory is stupid!!

Roy September 22, 2010 at 6:02 am

I already have Mike & Molly on my cancelled pile. Worst Sitcom EVER!

Salty August 25, 2010 at 11:01 pm

I don’t know how they know what the viewship is. In 62 years I have NEVER been polled to find out what I’m watching or enjoy watching! I will not miss any of the ‘reality’ shows, nor the wrestling, but I will miss Ghost Whisperer, Numb3rs, Cold Case, Miami Medical, Three Rivers, Heroes, Survivor, and so many others. It seems that anything that appealed to an intelligent viewer was/is canceled, while mindless drivel is renewed. I tape everything so that I can fast forward through the rapidly increasing number of commercials (we’re lucky to get 45 minutes of show) and it’s getting very difficult to find anything worth watching! Thank GOD for Hulu and other sites where I can watch episodes of my favorites! I agree with someone else who said that all the Execs at CBS are brain dead, and the same is true for ABC and others!

ANGELA JARVIS September 12, 2010 at 10:29 pm

IM WITH YOU, I AGREE WITH WHAT YOUR SAYING 100% except i do like watching BIG BROTHER. LIKE YOU I DO THE SAME RECORD IT ON MY DVR, BUT I RECORDED SHOW FROM ALL 3 NETWOKS, 5 SHOW THAT IVE WATCHED FAITHFULLY EVERY SEASON HAS BEEN CANCELED, 6 SHOWS JUST STARTED LAST SEASON I LOVED THEM, AND GUESS WHAT CANCELED. I GIVE UP, I GEUSS ILL WATCH WHAT SHOWS ARE LEFT WHEN THERE CANCELED, IM GOING BACK TO READING BOOKS AT LEAST THEY CANT GET CANCELED.

Tami August 24, 2010 at 11:27 am

I can’t believe that the unit won’t be back for a season finale. It is really stupid when they just end a show and don’t let it have a series finale.

Leticia August 22, 2010 at 7:33 pm

You lost a viewer all my favorites have been cancelled without a series finale. The only thing left for me to watch on CBS are Amazing Race and Big Brother.

Judy August 13, 2010 at 4:42 pm

they should put more good comedys on instead of stupid reality shows I have never even watched one. I don’t think I am missing a thing.

Carmen August 9, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Speak for yourself. My whole family LOVES well made sitcoms. Life is serious enough and to sit down to a funny show at the end of the day is the best way to unwind. I love the Monday night line-up minus 2 1/2 men. Not that it isn’t a funny show, its just sad to see a functioning druggy/alchy on TV.

Lee August 9, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Sitcoms: Big Bang tHEORY Enough!!! already….how about something different—enough of the sitcoms and reality shows….America has had enough.

JOSEPH POLERO July 8, 2010 at 4:33 am

SHOULD NOT HAVE MOVED BIG BANG THEORY OR C S I MIAMI YOU ARE WRITING THERE DEATH WARRANT NOTHING CAN GO UP AGAINST FOOTBALL ON SUNDAY AND THE MONDAY NIGHT LINE UP WAS PERFECT THANKS

Lee August 9, 2010 at 6:24 pm

NOT everyone watches Football on SUNDAY nights, if they can help it!! I watch anything other than football

Luanna August 18, 2010 at 2:31 pm

You said it Joseph, there is nothing that can go against football on Monday or Sunday.

Michael July 3, 2010 at 5:38 am

Seems like these powers that be don’t know how to be original. They get rid of the smart shows like The Forgotten, Flash Forward and Miami Medical, et al and bring back a bad copy of Hawaii Five-O or put these STUPID reality shows on. Evidently these powers think everyone that watches tv has the same short attention span that these twentysomethings has.

Lee August 9, 2010 at 6:23 pm

I agree

Robin Schifferman July 2, 2010 at 9:09 pm

You have Criminal Minds, The Mentalist and Medium. Everything else — good luck with that…..